Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c-troop wrote: View Post
    His division is trash. He chucked up nearly 5 three's a game and 2 fell. 42% beyond the arc. He isn't worth the hype dude.

Also, he can only run in a straight line, he has rookie foul trouble written all over him, his arms are too short, he is too short, he isn't agile, he cant use his left hand, etc etc.
    That's why he had best score on the raps end of workout 3 point shooting drill. With player like Lydon who participated. He's not agile? He tested amazingly at the combine. An open 3 is an open. You just making shit up now man. What hype? I think he is going to be a very solid role player in this league. You make it seem like I said he will be an All-star.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      That's why he had best score on the raps end of workout 3 point shooting drill. With player like Lydon who participated. He's not agile? He tested amazingly at the combine. An open 3 is an open. You just making shit up now man.

christian and semi sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Comment

christian and semi sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G
        When you have to no arguement. Very mature.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

When you have to no arguement. Very mature.

Dude what argument? I've given you nothing but facts, i've posted his weakness video, I've stated actual statistics... you don't wanna hear it.. i'm playing around withyou at this point cause there's nothing else to say.

You even had the nerve to say "look the defense portion comes in at 2 mins" on one post and the ball is clearly sailing over his short arms. I'm done with talking about this.

Comment

Dude what argument? I've given you nothing but facts, i've posted his weakness video, I've stated actual statistics... you don't wanna hear it.. i'm playing around withyou at this point cause there's nothing else to say.
            What stats did you post I must of missed it? Every player has weaknesses video though. That's why he is ranked in 20s. Nobody is saying he is perfect. When you say shit like "he threw 5 shots and 2 went in thats why he shot 42 percent?" you lose credibility.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I was listening to the Ringer NBA show and the mentioned Hartenstein's inability to run. He's not light on his feet and may be another land locked guy that can't do anything but shoot.

I've only watched Kuzma stuff on DX, I think he's missing athletics too, just the eye test for me, but I like his game otherwise.

Comment

What stats did you post I must of missed it? Every player has weaknesses video though. That's why he is ranked in 20s. Nobody is saying he is perfect. When you say shit like "he threw 5 shots and 2 went in thats why he shot 42 percent?" you lose credibility.

cry yourself a river "knock down shooter"

2.1 made 4.9 attempt 42.4% beyond the arc

- Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Semi-Ojeleye-7164/ ©DraftExpress

He plays in the AAC, that is a known weak division, saying i'm making shit up.
                Last edited by c-troop; Thu Jun 22, 2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Yes, I've read profile before. For some who is trash why is he ranked in first round? No, player is perfect in the 20's fit matters for these players. Raps would be a great fit for him

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    I was listening to the Ringer NBA show and the mentioned Hartenstein's inability to run. He's not light on his feet and may be another land locked guy that can't do anything but shoot.

I've only watched Kuzma stuff on DX, I think he's missing athletics too, just the eye test for me, but I like his game otherwise.
                    makes sense, 7 footers aren't usually graceful. I read Kuzma said he had a very real bond with Poeltl and Wright. I dunno if that's worth anything.

what about this DJ Wilson guy?

Comment

• I like the upside with player like Gilles and OG. I just don't trust the Raptors medical staff though. To much fishy bussiness the last couple years.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yes, I've read profile before. For some who is trash why is he ranked in first round? No, player is perfect in the 20's fit matters for these players. Raps would be a great fit for him

You're right bro, he isn't "trash" so to speak. I am being critical because I don't think he is the piece we need. There is lots of hype surrounding him also because of his large stature and not many ppl of his size can shoot the ball. period. Mock drafts typically don't mean a thing. We'll see in a couple hours where he lands.

Comment

cry yourself a river "knock down shooter"

2.1 made 4.9 attempt 42.4% beyond the arc

- Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Semi-Ojeleye-7164/ ©DraftExpress

He plays in the AAC, that is a known weak division, saying i'm making shit up.
                          Wait, are you criticizing his 40%+ 3 point shooting? That's about as good as it gets. More volume is good, not bad. It means the sample is more reliable.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Remember that one of the knocks on Powell in the draft was his outside shot - I think that the Raptors organization feels that their coaches have the ability to work with players to improve their shot, so long as the player is willing to put the time and effort in the gym. Therefore, I'm not sure you can use college shooting % necessarily as a pick/not pick criteria for the Raptors. I think they'll look at drive/motivation and adaptability as a bigger factor than whether someone 30% or 40% from behind the arc.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                              Remember that one of the knocks on Powell in the draft was his outside shot - I think that the Raptors organization feels that their coaches have the ability to work with players to improve their shot, so long as the player is willing to put the time and effort in the gym. Therefore, I'm not sure you can use college shooting % necessarily as a pick/not pick criteria for the Raptors. I think they'll look at drive/motivation and adaptability as a bigger factor than whether someone 30% or 40% from behind the arc.
                              That's a fair assertion. But don't go saying 'such and such' player is a knock down shooter, then go back and say, you know what... maybe he'll develop into one. Also, height doesn't shrink. You can't stretch Semi's arms a couple extra inches and he is a mature player that is very finished growing.

Comment

• Thoughts on Ferguson? Closer to Ross or DeAndre Daniels?

Comment

Working...
                                X