No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we are going for scraps we better hurry, their getting scrappier by the minute

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      We were already basically even last year. They've added a legit all star wing, plus another solid rookie and abother blue chip sophomore. Weve subtracted tucker, possibly Patterson, and are bringing lowry back who fades every spring. Cmon man
      Challenge will be that the All-star Wing, the rookie, and the sophomore all play the same position, which is also manned by one of their better perimeter defenders. So that means at least one of them isn't going to see the floor for any significant minutes.

While the Raptors have subtracted Tucker and Patterson, the Celtics could potentially be subtracting Crowder and Olynyk. Every team in the league knows the Celtics have a glut of small forwards - definitely won't get fair trade value should they move him to give the kids some time on the floor to develop.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        Challenge will be that the All-star Wing, the rookie, and the sophomore all play the same position, which is also manned by one of their better perimeter defenders. So that means at least one of them isn't going to see the floor for any significant minutes.

While the Raptors have subtracted Tucker and Patterson, the Celtics could potentially be subtracting Crowder and Olynyk. Every team in the league knows the Celtics have a glut of small forwards - definitely won't get fair trade value should they move him to give the kids some time on the floor to develop.
        If I'm Boston, I start horford-crowder-hayward-bradley-Thomas. They already got murdered on rebounds with a bigger lineup anyways. Let the kids duke it out for backup minutes or d league/spot minutes
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Regular season Better TS%, better RPM, better BPM, better WS.

He's not elite. but he's a max guy just like DD is a max guy.
          And one of the challenges for Hayward and Stevens is that he goes from 'the dude' in Utah to second banana in Boston.

How does Hayward adapt when he's not the focus of the offense, and instead gets to stand around and watch IT (who will be a free agent next year and likely be demanding the max (based on my biased opinion of his personality) and therefore isn't going to want to be perceived as giving up the 'top dog' role.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
            And one of the challenges for Hayward and Stevens is that he goes from 'the dude' in Utah to second banana in Boston.

How does Hayward adapt when he's not the focus of the offense, and instead gets to stand around and watch IT (who will be a free agent next year and likely be demanding the max (based on my biased opinion of his personality) and therefore isn't going to want to be perceived as giving up the 'top dog' role.
            Pretty good, I think. Hayward isn't a top dog at least not on a conference finals type team. Plus he's a pretty unassuming personality. Being 2nd fiddle is kind of what he's made to be. The bigger concern to me would be making sure he does touch the ball enough, isaiah should be making sure the celtics have 2 all Stars
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                If I'm Boston, I start horford-crowder-hayward-bradley-Thomas. They already got murdered on rebounds with a bigger lineup anyways. Let the kids duke it out for backup minutes or d league/spot minutes
                Which means you'll end up with Crowder in the paint trying to deal with opposing teams' big men where his physical defense may be less effective than against most wing players, accumulating fouls, meaning he'll be less likely on the court during 'crunch time'.

Crowder did have a good year shooting the three last year, but previous to that was abysmal - the uptick in 3pt% could be a result if developing his game further, or could just be an outlier - time will tell. If he's not hitting the three, then it becomes harder to pull the opposing team's 4 out on the perimeter to open up the lane.

Comment

• I'd rather Kyle over IT
                  I'd rather DeMar over Hayward
                  I'd rather Serg over Horford

There supporting cast is better at the moment. We need to upgrade, can't take a step back. When is a good vet going to accept the minimum here?
                  Last edited by saints91; Tue Jul 4, 2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• They are gonna trade Crowder or Smart away most likely. Off-season is not done yet.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      They are gonna trade Crowder or Smart away most likely. Off-season is not done yet.
                      And as I noted above, everyone and their uncle knows they have to make a deal, so the return isn't going to reflective of their value.

Comment

• Can PP please come back now? I don't like it!!! He's a Raptor!

Comment

• If they trade Smart away. Cojo/Crowder trade works money wise.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think zizic will start and I think he will help on the boards.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

These NBA players are just a bunch of attention seeking whores.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                Can PP please come back now? I don't like it!!! He's a Raptor!
                                Thunderstruck
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X