Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    EVERYONE needs to climb the same hill, east or west. There's no prize for 2nd place
    Bingo

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
      maybe, but the hill they need to climb is much steeper.
      I don't even agree with this.

I think there's a higher chance of OKC or Houston beating San Antonio AND Golden State than there is of us beating Cleveland.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Probably with the full MLE. Will have to dump salary to have that available though.
        Do you think some teams are on the same boat?

Celtics have been shopping Bradley, Crowder, Smart just to accommodate their newest Free Agent.

Their maybe less takers for Joseph/ Val or Carroll, Ujiri may have to attach a pick to make it work. Unless we get a bonafide star back, mortgaging the future just to acquire a player that may not even move the needle is just poor asset management IMO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          EVERYONE needs to climb the same hill, east or west. There's no prize for 2nd place
          If the Toronto Raptors got swept in the finals I would be fully satisfied.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            I don't even agree with this.

I think there's a higher chance of OKC or Houston beating San Antonio AND Golden State than there is of us beating Cleveland.
            we could flip a coin.

Comment

• Dan...have we ever use the stretch provision?

Maybe we can use it on JV's contract?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                Dan...have we ever use the stretch provision?

Kleiza was the last good. It's not a good idea but Demarre would be the guy bc he has less money/yrs

Comment

• *guy

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    Dan...have we ever use the stretch provision?

no

come on JV has talent, people are getting ridiculous

Comment

• Three team trade for Avery Bradley?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        no

come on JV has talent, people are getting ridiculous
                        Lol quick to the trigger much?

Just an example so chilax.

If they are planning to play Ibaka at C with Poetl as a potential back up, JV can be expendable. Unfortunately, there's not much market for a player like him though. Hard to dump his salary.

If we dump Carroll, we better have a replacement for him. OG is not yet ready and Powell's height is an issue for a SF.

Joseph's salary is so minimal to not even make a dent

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          Kleiza was the last good. It's not a good idea but Demarre would be the guy bc he has less money/yrs
                          Kleiza was amnesty. We've never used the stretch.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If he stays, I'm hoping that Carroll can be our Justin Smoak...the perennial whipping boy is now the talk of the town.

Comment

• And stretch will mean a very long dead cap hit. I think the team would rather stand pat and pay the tax than saddle themselves with that much dead cap for such a long term.

Carroll would be about 6M of dead cap over 5 years.

JV would be about 5M of dead cap over 7 (!) years.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                And stretch will mean a very long dead cap hit. I think the team would rather stand pat and pay the tax than saddle themselves with that much dead cap for such a long term.

Carroll would be about 6M of dead cap over 5 years.

JV would be about 5M of dead cap over 7 (!) years.
                                The need has to be justified but it seems Ujiri is now at a point of no return, he may have to free major space to go below the apron so he can get the full MLE in case there are no takers for those three or he won't give up future picks to package with the aforementioned players

Comment

Working...
                                X