No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom line Ujiri is in a big dodo so far. He is on a mission to convince ownership that paying the luxury tax penalty is inevitable without bringing up the reality that his team is way far from complete

Comment

• My bad re kleiza

Comment

• I'm sure ownership realizes that this core can't compete for championship. Playoff revenue is still good for them though.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          Bottom line Ujiri is in a big dodo so far. He is on a mission to convince ownership that paying the luxury tax penalty is inevitable without bringing up the reality that his team is way far from complete
          Derozan's answer to the Claw...

Don't worry, I got us...
          https://twitter.com/demar_derozan/status/17289846632

Comment

• I think ownership and front office are pretty ok with just making playoffs, going to second round.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              I'm sure ownership realizes that this core can't compete for championship. Playoff revenue is still good for them though.
              Greedy mother fuckers in suits

Comment

• I think Ujiri is still taking the lets see what we've got approach like he has since the Gay trade. He has signed his top two free agents and is surely looking to reduce the tax bill. If he can reduce salary and get a decent cheap, vet player or two I'm sure he does it. But he's got some kids on the roster that need playing time to see what they are capable of and if they can be part of the team going forward. I'm not sure I like the idea of shedding salary for nothing right now, but there is no harm in giving Powell, Wright, Poeltl and Siakim an uptick in playing time and role to see where they are at. A half season or season of that may clarify what management really wants to do going forward. Can the core guys help these kids get better? Can the kids help the core guys win some games? We all wanna see some moves that put this team in a league with CLE, but that probably isn't realistic for the upcoming season and management probably knows this. #evaluate

Comment

• The reigning champs now have 3 of the 11 players from last season who attempted 400 3-pointers & made 40% of them.
                  Cry cry cry

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    I think Ujiri is still taking the lets see what we've got approach like he has since the Gay trade. He has signed his top two free agents and is surely looking to reduce the tax bill. If he can reduce salary and get a decent cheap, vet player or two I'm sure he does it. But he's got some kids on the roster that need playing time to see what they are capable of and if they can be part of the team going forward. I'm not sure I like the idea of shedding salary for nothing right now, but there is no harm in giving Powell, Wright, Poeltl and Siakim an uptick in playing time and role to see where they are at. A half season or season of that may clarify what management really wants to do going forward. Can the core guys help these kids get better? Can the kids help the core guys win some games? We all wanna see some moves that put this team in a league with CLE, but that probably isn't realistic for the upcoming season and management probably knows this. #evaluate
                    This would fall on Casey

Comment

• A 3 team trade that gets us Crowder while losing Carroll would be nice though. Move Cojo and boom, money saved and roster strengthened. Offseason complete.

Comment

• Anyway Boston gives Toronto Jae Crowder. Rumor is he is on the trading block. Maybe Masai signs Kelly Olynyk to the team as well.
                        Last edited by Masai Uhearme; Wed Jul 5, 2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Amir was another guy who had an incredible +/-, though it should be noted he mostly started for us, so it's not at all because of some bench effect in his case.

Hansbrough had mixed success. One year he had almost a +200 as a bench player (that was the year the Raps had that incredible bench unit where Lou Williams was unstoppable). Of course his other year he was basically a break even player.

Biyombo definitely had a big bench boost - but that's actually mostly a "playing with Patterson" boost. He was +82 in his one year here.

Norm has been a +84 and +64 in his two years here. Again though, hard to differentiate the "playing against benches" effect from the "playing with Patterson" effect.

For reference, Patterson has posted roughly +350, +400, +250 and +170 the past 4 years. So for example, in Hansbrough's first year when he was a break even, Pat was +170. When Hansbrough approached +200, Pat was +250. Biyombo was +80 last year and Pat was +400. And this past season, the next closest bench player to Pat's +348 was Nogueira with a +177.
                          Could Imask for the +/- on just one more former raptor bench player? Leandro Barbosa?

Comment

• Tells you all you need to know.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Tells you all you need to know.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              Dat RPM tho..

Comment

• Guys, Masai's hands might be tied here with trades. Teams aren't willing to absorb bad contracts right now unless they're tanking & getting something of value back. JV is an asset, but does he help a team get better? Not really in today's league. Carroll is too much of a risk to take on..... and the easiest piece to move in Cory Joseph isn't much of a starting PG.

I think Masai will get a few guys on the vet minimum perhaps, but if he doesn't..... I think he's going to force Casey's hand to play the young guys. Were going to see more of Siakam, Powell, Wright & Bruno this year. I can feel it in my veins that he's hoping that the kids step up to the plate, as HE drafted them for this reason. If Casey doesn't comply or we struggle, Casey is gone & he'll get a coach that will listen. Were taking a step back, but were taking a step forward to the future guys.

Try to tell me a bench lineup of Joseph-Powell-Caboclo-Siakam-Poeltl doesn't sound good to you.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X