Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Ppat's and Carrol's comments show a glaring flaw with this team. Role players will never be successful in this system. Can't expect a role player to do much if they rarely see the ball and Demar/Lowry just keep pounding it. I don't see how anyone is optimistic about team. As long as Casey/Lowry/Demar are here, nothing will change. We'll keep winning 50 games and keep underperforming in playoffs every year. I don't see what's so exciting about that.
    How is losing to the best team in the conference underperforming? 3 playoffs series wins in the last 2 years after 1 In the first 20 years. 2pat and Carroll are just salty because thier trash. Had two give up 2 picks to trade one. The other got paid his market value and is upset cause he thought he was worth more. Neither of them is capable of making open shots consistently. Raps wanted nothing to do with those guys.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jul 11, 2017, 10:26 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Oh shit McHappy's back!!! What a blast from the past!

Comment

• Probably going to get some hate for this, but I had this idea... Right now, we (still) have holes at the 3 and the 5, especially if the goal is to start Ibaka at center. How about offering JV to the Celtics for Jae Crowder, Marcus Morris, and picks (if they have some to give us)?

I know they are our rivals, but this would make sense, since both guys can shoot the 3 and would fit our roster pretty well. Also, we would save a bit of money. Would also fit with the 3 year plan (Morris 2 years left, Crowder 3, at a cheap price).

Ibaka/Poeltl/Nogueira
        Morris/Siakam/Caboclo
        Crowder/Miles/Anonuby
        DeRozan/Powell/FA
        Lowry/Wright/VanVleet

Thoughts?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Probably going to get some hate for this, but I had this idea... Right now, we (still) have holes at the 3 and the 5, especially if the goal is to start Ibaka at center. How about offering JV to the Celtics for Jae Crowder, Marcus Morris, and picks (if they have some to give us)?

I know they are our rivals, but this would make sense, since both guys can shoot the 3 and would fit our roster pretty well. Also, we would save a bit of money. Would also fit with the 3 year plan (Morris 2 years left, Crowder 3, at a cheap price).

Ibaka/Poeltl/Nogueira
          Morris/Siakam/Caboclo
          Crowder/Miles/Anonuby
          DeRozan/Powell/FA
          Lowry/Wright/VanVleet

Thoughts?
          Boston has lots of picks. I'll leave it at that.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Boston has lots of picks. I'll leave it at that.
            What do you mean (when you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no)?

Comment

• KCP has signed a one-year $18M deal with the Lakers.

Comment

What do you mean (when you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no)?
                You are massively overvaluing JV's trade value and massively undervaluing Crowders.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  You are massively overvaluing JV's trade value and massively undervaluing Crowders.
                  Oh... That is probably true. Maybe then, it would be worth it to give them Powell? Since a lot of guys in here seem to say we won't be able to retain him anyway...

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    KCP has signed a one-year $18M deal with the Lakers.
                    lol

Still a better player and a deal then the Knicks and Hardaway Jr.

Comment

• Cap gurus: how do we acquire JaMychal Green?

Comment

Oh... That is probably true. Maybe then, it would be worth it to give them Powell? Since a lot of guys in here seem to say we won't be able to retain him anyway...
                        Unless they're planning to give up an unprotected first-round pick or two that they got from Brooklyn, there's no way I'm trading them JV and Powell. And as you said, this trade doesn't make sense since the Raptors and Celtics are in direct competition with each other.

I don't know where you got where we wouldn't be able to retain Powell. Pretty sure Masai is gonna clear cap space next summer to re-sign Powell.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Cap gurus: how do we acquire JaMychal Green?
                          Realistically it's only possible if Memphis were willing to agree to a sign-and-trade for JV and probably some picks. Which: they're probably not, because they already have Marc Gasol and they're trying to transition away from a big-oriented offense anyway.

Memphis is probably planning to wait and lowball Green (relatively speaking - anything under $10m/year is basically a lowball offer to him). If anybody else offers under $10m/year, they'll most likely match the offer sheet and keep him for relatively cheap, and nobody else can realistically offer much more at this point anyway. Most teams either don't have the cap room to sign Green outright or don't have available roster slots, so sign-and-trade is the only realistic option for getting him.

Comment

• Better LA team next season? Lakers or Clippers?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Better LA team next season? Lakers or Clippers?
                              I actually don't know why people think the Clippers are going to be bad, unless they're just assuming Blake is going to be injured all season. I actually think they might've gotten better despite losing CP3.

Comment

• I thought this thread was burning it up, but I see the 2016 off-season thread hit 303 pages by October 29th. I didn't delve into the details to check out the relative pace of each thread. But we do have 3 1/2 months to go. We should be able to squeeze 100 pages out of discussing where the Raptors can dump JV. So I see no problem blowing past last years mark.
                                Last edited by Puffer; Wed Jul 12, 2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X