No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtics had easier schedule after All-Star Break. Their offensive rating and defensive rating showed that they weren't as good as their record showed.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Putting Boston at two in the Conference is fine - they finished first in the regular season last year and had a pretty good summer to follow it up - but there's not any type of significant gap between them and Toronto. I also think you can make the case for the Raptors being favourites against them in a playoff series.

Boston turned in an even more underwhelming performance than the Raptors did in the first round of last year's playoffs (to a much worse team no less), and looked like they were a Rondo injury away from losing in the first round to a dreadful Bulls squad. They had a worse offence than the Raptors did last year, they had a worse defence than the Raptors did last year. They are also 2-6 against them in head to head games over the last two seasons. It's still Cleveland comfortably atop the East for now.... and then a cluster of Boston/Toronto/Washington after that.
      Last edited by Fully; Sat Jul 22, 2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        We underperformed in this year's playoffs, not guaranteed we would have.
        Boston was down 0-2 against a crappy Bulls team going back to Chicago in the first round before Rondo got hurt in that series. They also got annihilated by the Cavaliers in a way that made our series seem hard-fought in comparison, despite winning a game. The Raptors playoff aspirations ended with a whimper last year but the Celtics looked just as far away from being on that truly elite level in the postseason as we did. They deserve to be put in the same tier until further notice.
        Last edited by Fully; Sat Jul 22, 2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
          Boston was down 0-2 against a crappy Bulls team going back to Chicago in the first round before Rondo got hurt in that series. They also got annihilated by the Cavaliers in a way that made our series seem hard-fought in comparison, despite winning a game. The Raptors playoff aspirations ended with a whimper last year but the Celtics looked just as far away from being on that truly elite level in the postseason as we did. They deserve to be put in the same tier until further notice.
          Exactly. If Rondo did not get hurt, the Bulls would've beaten them in that series. The Celtics are not that good but a lot of people likes to overrate them because they're the Celtics. So whatever.

Everyone's on their bandwagon right now because of GORDON freakin HAYWARD. Hayward isn't that good. Y'all act like they got PG or something. Lol. Our two best players are better than Hayward. Hell, i'd argue Lowry and DeRozan are better than the Celtics best player.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            Shhh, that doesn't fit his narrative.
            And what is your narrative? that the Celtics are now a legit challenger to the Cavs? you're probably on the ESPN website a lot.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'd still take the Raptors over Washington or Boston. Boston still has a peak at some point in the future (probably), Washington is toast - they're capped out with a thin roster and max money to nice players who aren't quite good enough. Basically any fears you have for this Raptors roster are reality/slightly worse in Washington.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                I'd still take the Raptors over Washington or Boston. Boston still has a peak at some point in the future (probably), Washington is toast - they're capped out with a thin roster and max money to nice players who aren't quite good enough. Basically any fears you have for this Raptors roster are reality/slightly worse in Washington.
                I'd venture that the same discussion happens amongst the three teams fan bases who think they have a shot at the Cavs on whose the primary challenger. Give or take it's pretty close between the Raps, Whiz and Boston.

Except the Chowderheads fan base think they're way out in front of anyone else. This type of outlook is why medical teams on both sides of the 49th are concerned about opioid abuse.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  And what is your narrative? that the Celtics are now a legit challenger to the Cavs? you're probably on the ESPN website a lot.
                  That Toronto, Washington and Boston are all in the same tier, below Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised it Toronto finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the conference.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    We underperformed in this year's playoffs, not guaranteed we would have.
                    Are you saying that Celtics didnt?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Celtics had easier schedule after All-Star Break. Their offensive rating and defensive rating showed that they weren't as good as their record showed.
                      Shhh that doesn't fit thier narrative.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Shhh that doesn't fit thier narrative.

What, that the two teams aren't that different in talent level?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Are you saying that Celtics didnt?

Im saying there is no way to know for certain, its all speculations.

Comment

• If I'm thinking with my heart, I would think we have a serious chance of being the best team is the east this year. But anyway, if I'm thinking with my head: I think this Raptors team will be the coolest to watch since a lot of years!

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                              That Toronto, Washington and Boston are all in the same tier, below Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised it Toronto finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the conference.
                              Depending on how the shit show unfolding in Cleveland breaks...I think the Lebrons have narrowed the gap or might have even come back to a pretty even footing with Raps, Whiz, Chowderheads all by themselves
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                If I'm thinking with my heart, I would think we have a serious chance of being the best team is the east this year. But anyway, if I'm thinking with my head: I think this Raptors team will be the coolest to watch since a lot of years!
                                I wish I had your faith but things became stagnant last season and Casey still coaching the same predictable way with a bunch of inexperienced players filling the void is never a recipe for success.

Comment

Working...
                                X