Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoscowRussia wrote: View Post
    Can't Raptors sign "somebody" staying under the cap and then sign Ibaka and Lowry using there rights??

Still it sound a bit like "pay him because you can" instead of "pay him because you need him"
    No, they can't. If you keep Bird Rights to players, they come with a cap hold that sits on your cap and prevents you from signing other free agents. If we are bringing back Lowry, we have no cap space, full stop.

Meanwhile, I was just answering your query directly. The Raptors should undeniably re-sign Tucker - he was their best wing defender, by far, and was perfectly fine shooting in his role. If they want to win, that is.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• We also gave up two 2nds for pj so I'd rather sign him and play him or trade him. The 2pat/Rudy trade has already more than paid for itself.

Comment

• Yeah i got that Raptors need to keep him as an asset and can't sign anyone else.

Probably he "was perfectly fine shooting in his role" (except for shooting some open shots) but do Raptors need HIS role!
        May be that's a more about what kind of player Raps need/can get via trade
        No new friends (c)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Realistically you can get an 18 pts per game and 10 rebounds centre and you don't have to give anything for him, All you got to do is give him more touches and work on set plays for him in the offseason.
          Nah
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Nah
            I really think JV had an off year due to mental block, I really think if he applies himself he will be back better then ever but it also depends how the Raps will use him. It's like The Bucks with Monroe, if you use him correctly he will perform more efficiently.

Comment

• Everything 2017 Off-Season

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              I really think JV had an off year due to mental block, I really think if he applies himself he will be back better then ever but it also depends how the Raps will use him. It's like The Bucks with Monroe, if you use him correctly he will perform more efficiently.
              So we should bring him off the bench and use him more with our second unit (similar to how the Bucks used Monroe)? Seems like the better strategy if you really think about it....

I doubt he averages 18 and 10 in that scenario..... or even if he starts.

The truth is likely that we don't need 18 & 10 from JV for us to be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by special1; Mon May 22, 2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                So we should bring him off the bench and use him more with our second unit (similar to how the Bucks used Monroe)? Seewouldn't the better strategy if you really think about it....

I doubt he averages 18 and 10 in that scenario..... or even if he starts.

The truth is likely that we don't need 18 & 10 from JV for us to be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I think it depends on matches whether he starts or not. He is a bit Ross-ish where he can have a great game 1 day and a bad game the next. I wouldnt trade JV at this point, you are likely to get less then what he is worth.

Comment

• Jeff weltman has been poached from us by Orlando according to woj

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                    Jeff weltman has been poached from us by Orlando according to woj
                    woah

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      woah
                      Weltman liked the Iso style so thats fine

Comment

• That's too bad. Good for weltman though. I once read that Weltman was big on the Greek Freak back when he was in the Bucks front office and told Masai about him in hopes of trading for a draft pick to draft him that year.

The question is who is the next GM? Most people are speculating Bobby Webster. Weltman will be hiring a GM and staff too though so you have to wonder if he tries to raid the Raptors front office.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          That's too bad. Good for weltman though. I once read that Weltman was big on the Greek Freak back when he was in the Bucks front office and told Masai about him in hopes of trading for a draft pick to draft him that year.

The question is who is the next GM? Most people are speculating Bobby Webster. Weltman will be hiring a GM and staff too though so you have to wonder if he tries to raid the Raptors front office.
                          I don't think many ppl go to Orlando.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            Weltman liked the Iso style so thats fine
                            He certainly did....

Comment

• Last few years have been the first time that teams are consistently poaching our front office/coaching personnel. Speaks well of the organization and its people.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Last few years have been the first time that teams are consistently poaching our front office/coaching personnel. Speaks well of the organization and its people.
                                Can Weltman please just "poach" Casey? He owes us that. Masai can toss in Carroll as the deal sweetener.

Comment

Working...
                                X