• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Tobias Harris for Carroll straight up?
    Why does Det do this?

Comment

• I'd do that trade in a heartbeat too... I'd even throw in a 2nd-rounder to make it happen; he fits the multi-positional mold that the Raptors like. Defensively he's a downgrade on Carroll, but Carroll underwhelmed on defense anyway (especially in those elite SF matchups), wouldn't hurt to try a young, coachable guy who still has some upside and see if you can mold him into a decent team defender; it generally sounds like he's got a good attitude toward trying to get better at that end. The Carroll/Tucker/Powell SF group last year meant we never had a lot of size to throw at Giannis or LeBron, so Harris could at least be more of a change-up in those matchups.

Comment

• hell, I'd even throw in 2nd round picks

Comment

• Would Atl take Carroll and 2nd round pick for Belinelli? We would save almost 9mil in salary. We could still move Corey to Ind. I assume a pick would be coming back in that trade.

Comment

• Warriors just signed kevin durant for 7 million less PER SEASON than kyle lowry. Read that again.

And why? So the warriors can add more to their roster. Meanwhile as of today we've lost pj tucker, pattrick Patterson, still have demarre Carroll (yay!) While the league has gained another juggernaut in Houston and a super juggernaut that is able to hand out "discounts". Hard not to feel discouraged about 2018 right now.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Why does Det do this?
              Much like Toronto's signing of Carrol, Detroit's signing of Harriss had big expectations which were never delivered upon. Money being equal both players get a change of scenery and a fresh start. Carroll brings a bit more of a veteran presence for a younger team. We get a bigger SF we can trot out as a PF. Both guys are supposed shooters

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Teague was more important to that team than management thought. Then having Budenholzer making personnel decisions didn't work out - they should have definitely moved Horford if they didn't plan on re-signing him but you just know the coach-role got in the way - and now Milsap walking for nothing.
                That's the common denominator..that starting 5 went for nothing.
                Horford, Carroll, Milsap for nothing..nada, nyet, zappo,bupkis. All left as FAs.
                Teague went for Prince who might be good but has a way to go..but right now he is not near as useful as Teague.
                Korver went for Mike Dunleavy and what will be a really late high 20s first rounder from Cleveland which doesn't vest till 2019.

Jack did better trading his cow for magic beans.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jul 3, 2017, 07:37 PM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Warriors just signed kevin durant for 7 million less PER SEASON than kyle lowry. Read that again.

And why? So the warriors can add more to their roster. Meanwhile as of today we've lost pj tucker, pattrick Patterson, still have demarre Carroll (yay!) While the league has gained another juggernaut in Houston and a super juggernaut that is able to hand out "discounts". Hard not to feel discouraged about 2018 right now.
                  lol

NBA is so fucked man. give me a hard cap or kill the salary cap and remove all the "parity" illusions.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Much like Toronto's signing of Carrol, Detroit's signing of Harriss had big expectations which were never delivered upon. Money being equal both players get a change of scenery and a fresh start. Carroll brings a bit more of a veteran presence for a younger team. We get a bigger SF we can trot out as a PF. Both guys are supposed shooters
                    They traded Jennings for Harris. Hes played better than Demarre, he's young and no injury history/washed up. Can't see it.

Comment

• Pacers just signed Darren Collison so I imagine we're not going to be dumping CoJo there anymore.

Comment

• so much for the Cory to Pacers idea.

I'm getting the feeling we're not dumping anyone until during the season at this point.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Warriors just signed kevin durant for 7 million less PER SEASON than kyle lowry. Read that again.

This is a tough "problem" to fix though. Short of the PA punishing guys and agents for doing this, even a hard cap won't really stop guys from taking less to build stacked teams and I'm not sure the PA should be doing that. Guys make so much money now that 5-10 million is immaterial. That's the real issue that will only get fixed when the tv rights dry up a little.

Comment

• Collison at 10m vs cojo at 7m?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

so much for the Cory to Pacers idea.

I'm getting the feeling we're not dumping anyone until during the season at this point.
                              So much for the reset lol. There's no way this is the roster come October or whenever the season starts.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                They traded Jennings for Harris. Hes played better than Demarre, he's young and no injury history/washed up. Can't see it.
                                I might be mistaken but I believe he lost his starting role mid way through the season. Agree its not likely but seemed like a fair for both sides trade

Comment

Working...
                                X