Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barolt wrote: View Post
    Don't have to worry about that!

    Casey has been fully and completely willing to bench JV when he isn't playable due to defensive matchups.
    Good point.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

    Comment


    • tonious35 wrote: View Post
      But Leo was still with him, unless Chuck neutralized him plus one
      neutering would be better than neutralizing leo.
      Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

      Comment


      • Leo makes me miss jack. Thats how bad it is, id waaaaay rather have a raspy old drunk brooklynite, with catchphrases and singing being his "things"
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • The thing for me about DeMar's defense:

          It's not about nights like tonight, but I'd like it to show up on nights like this. It's about nights in April, May and hopefully June, when we play teams where we can't 'hide' someone on defense. On those nights, we need everyone to show up on that end. And he has some nights where he looks capable, but others where he seems lost or disinterested, and I just want the effort to be there. I know he's never going to be Tony Allen on that end, I just want him to be able to guard Tony Allen on that end.

          By the way, here's the archive of things I've written for the front page. I guarantee you there is way more positive about DeMar than negative there:

          http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/author/anthony/
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

          Comment


          • Yeah, I don't want Noel anymore. I really don't think he is that much better than Bebe. Bebe has shown me a lot so far in this young season. Love the mobility, lenght and passing. Bebe has the potential to be a very effective starter in this league.

            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Leo makes me miss jack. Thats how bad it is, id waaaaay rather have a raspy old drunk brooklynite, with catchphrases and singing being his "things"
              id take jack and sam Mitchell commentating over leo any day
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • Barolt wrote: View Post
                You know, I've gushed about DeMar here and on the front page in my quick reactions and recaps. You usually don't respond to those posts.

                The defense thing gets me though, because the great teams like Golden State and Cleveland don't have a guy on the court to hide DeMar on defensively, so he has to be better if we're going to be better.
                You keep repeating how you're gushing over Demar but nobody believes you.....lol

                It's like if you keep saying it over and over and over again, even you start believing it. I've been on this site since January 2012. In that time i've seen every type of poster. You're a great dude, but its clear you don't like Demar. You question if the Demar even tries to play defence..... He can give you 40 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists and you bring up how terrible he was on defence (no lie!). Maybe he's just an average or a slighly below average defender??....One thing i know is that we are not paying him for his defence. EVERYONE on the team needs to improve their defence. Demar is the least of our worries....how many 2 guards come here and light us up? We need to beat LEBRON anyways and GSW has a really good defensive team and they couldn't stop him last year.
                Last edited by special1; Wed Nov 30, 2016, 10:12 PM.

                Comment


                • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, I don't want Noel anymore. I really don't think he is that much better than Bebe. Bebe has shown me a lot so far in this young season. Love the mobility, lenght and passing. Bebe has the potential to be a very effective starter in this league.

                  Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  Don't know about starter. But a back up he can be.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                  Comment


                  • Barolt wrote: View Post
                    I know he's never going to be Tony Allen on that end, I just want him to be able to guard Tony Allen on that end.
                    Great line.

                    Comment


                    • special1 wrote: View Post
                      You keep repeating how you're gushing over Demar but nobody believes you.....lol

                      It's like if you keep saying it over and over and over again, even you start believing it. I've been on this site since January 2012. In that time i've seen every type of poster. You're a great dude, but its clear you don't like Demar. You question if the Demar even tries to play defence..... He can give you 40 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists and you bring up how terrible he was on defence (no lie!). Maybe he's just an average or a slighly below average defender??....One thing i know is that we are not paying him for his defence. EVERYONE on the team needs to improve their defence. Demar is the least of our worries....how many 2 guards come here and light us up? We need to beat LEBRON anyways and GSW has a really good defensive team and they couldn't do it.
                      I posted up above my archive of things I've written for this site. Find me all these awful negative things I've said about DeMar.

                      Yeah, I'm critical of him. Because I think he can be better, and I think he needs to be better. I want championships, period.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                      Comment


                      • special1 wrote: View Post
                        You keep repeating how you're gushing over Demar but nobody believes you.....lol

                        It's like if you keep saying it over and over and over again, even you start believing it. I've been on this site since January 2012. In that time i've seen every type of poster. You're a great dude, but its clear you don't like Demar. You question if the Demar even tries to play defence..... He can give you 40 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists and you bring up how terrible he was on defence (no lie!). Maybe he's just an average or a slighly below average defender??....One thing i know is that we are not paying him for his defence. EVERYONE on the team needs to improve their defence. Demar is the least of our worries....how many 2 guards come here and light us up? We need to beat LEBRON anyways and GSW has a really good defensive team and they couldn't do it.
                        Yes he's negatively biased towards demar. Yes you are also biased towards demar the other way. So this is going nowhere fast.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • I don't love DeMar, I won't deny that. I do think I could love DeMar as a player, if he was willing to work towards being a 2-way player.

                          I love the way he's been creating for others lately, and his passing has been great. He's playing in the system offensively, and it's changed the team for the better. It's a much, much better version of him than we had in the playoffs. There's one step left for him to get to being someone that I really, really like watching.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                          Comment


                          • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Don't know about starter. But a back up he can be.
                            He already is an effective backup.

                            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Yes he's negatively biased towards demar. Yes you are also biased towards demar the other way. So this is going nowhere fast.
                              They both love him, they just show it in different ways

                              .. Something my grandma would say lol

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Yes he's negatively biased towards demar. Yes you are also biased towards demar the other way. So this is going nowhere fast.
                                I actually agree with this.

                                I always believed in Demar. I saw the talent and the hard work. I also see that he's never going to be a shut down defender. He'll be average and he'll likely play harder in the playoffs when its win or go home. I think its pointless to complain about some game in November when we win and he's got 24, 9 and 6 on 6/9 shooting and 2/3 from 3s.....

                                But someone who is negatively biased (as you put it) choose to nitpick at all times and sometimes its like.....really???

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X