Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    We needed this loss. We weren't learning because we were winning and thought we could continue to only play defense for one quarter. Hopefully this humbles us and gives us a wake up call. Defense is the key and I will always believe that. On to the next
    Yeah, with all the talk about a historic offense, something that brings the focus back to defense is a positive. This is on the whole team, from (all of) the bigs getting roasted inside, to (all of) the guards losing their guys on the perimeter.

Comment

• Kyle, Demar and Pat all fit our system. Looks like changes to the 3 and / or 5 will need to be made if we wanna be competitive in the CFs and beyond.

Comment

Yea it's he defense and that's on every single player. This DD vs JV thing is getting so old. Which is why I just ignore it.
        Yes, I try to hate on all players equally. Fuck delon and sully.

Comment

• Dwane Casey is secretly happy about this loss.

Comment

We needed this loss. We weren't learning because we were winning and thought we could continue to only play defense for one quarter. Hopefully this humbles us and gives us a wake up call. Defense is the key and I will always believe that. On to the next
            You don't understand..... We need a defensive C or we're screwed. Our guards are the same as they were last year.... Except this time there's no one there to clean up the mess.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Dwane Casey is secretly happy about this loss.
              I really really really hope this was just a bad night and we improve this defense man. But because we've been pretty bad at it all season I'm starting to lose faith. We can't get far with this kind of defense. Not in the playoffs
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Ok I changed my mind about this bully DMC.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/12/...egative-column

Fuck this guy.

Comment

• First off, apologies for not pulling this one out. Best of luck to the next game thread starter. 4-1 isn't terrible for a rookie, I guess.

On to the game. Also known as, the first truly terribly coached game this season. Holy Hannah I though we were past this nonsense. How do you let Bud get the matchup he wants for so much of the night? JV was struggling in his own right, but he was struggling, not getting destroyed. As soon as Howard sat, so should have JV, and you play that matchup all night. At least make it tough on Howard instead of really, really easy. BeBe just cannot handle real centres, nevermind a monster like Dwight.

And I am so tired of the freaking Siakam starting lineup. Want a story of the game tonight? Wrong starting PF, was -8 in 8 minutes. Wrong C matchup - BeBe was -13 in 13 minutes. Spot the opposition 21 points because you don't know how to construct a lineup or match up defensively (which is supposed to be Casey's freaking calling card), and you don't deserve to win. Good fight from the team to make it close, going small against their small late lineup while Howard was out of the game, and using the correct starters-with-PP lineup late (with Ross instead of Carroll, who looked off in this one).

I like that I knew it was going to be close and that they'd make a run, just don't have it in them to lose big. I hate that they were down big for such silly reasons to start with. Ugh. I've been really impressed with Casey this season but that was a legitimate coaching loss, regardless of the lacklustre early effort.

I suppose they have to drop one now and again. Still, would love for the other team to beat us, rather than beating ourselves.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    You don't understand..... We need a defensive C or we're screwed. Our guards are the same as they were last year.... Except this time there's no one there to clean up the mess.
                    Well something isn't adding up because as you said we have all the same guards but the defense is so bad this season. So I guess a guy like Biz really did make a huge difference because it didn't seem like our guards used to get beat THIS badly last season
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Everybody is blaming that poor stretch on Bebe, but I feel that CoJo & DeMar simply doesn't work, regardless.

Derozan + Bench << Lowry + Bench.

Comment

Well something isn't adding up because as you said we have all the same guards but the defense is so bad this season. So I guess a guy like Biz really did make a huge difference because it didn't seem like our guards used to get beat THIS badly last season
                        Bismack would make little difference when your guards allow guys to walk past them like they did tonight. i don't care how guard-centric our offence is, those guys cannot get a pass on playing at least somewhat competent perimeter D.

Comment

Come on GLF..... you know what's going on. The guards are the same. Posters complained all last year and the year before how the guards let people blow by them. I'm not a big stats guy, but all the defensive stats I've seen pointed to Biz being our best defensive player. Then you have players like Cory and Kyle admitting how much impact Biz had defensively and how even if they were a step slow, Biz was there.....

What more do you need man???? Honestly guys..... The evidence is right in front of our faces!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Ok I changed my mind about this bully DMC.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/12/...egative-column

Fuck this guy.
                            Exactly why I never wanted him. Hes way too emotional.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              First off, apologies for not pulling this one out. Best of luck to the next game thread starter. 4-1 isn't terrible for a rookie, I guess.

On to the game. Also known as, the first truly terribly coached game this season. Holy Hannah I though we were past this nonsense. How do you let Bud get the matchup he wants for so much of the night? JV was struggling in his own right, but he was struggling, not getting destroyed. As soon as Howard sat, so should have JV, and you play that matchup all night. At least make it tough on Howard instead of really, really easy. BeBe just cannot handle real centres, nevermind a monster like Dwight.

And I am so tired of the freaking Siakam starting lineup. Want a story of the game tonight? Wrong starting PF, was -8 in 8 minutes. Wrong C matchup - BeBe was -13 in 13 minutes. Spot the opposition 21 points because you don't know how to construct a lineup or match up defensively (which is supposed to be Casey's freaking calling card), and you don't deserve to win. Good fight from the team to make it close, going small against their small late lineup while Howard was out of the game, and using the correct starters-with-PP lineup late (with Ross instead of Carroll, who looked off in this one).

I like that I knew it was going to be close and that they'd make a run, just don't have it in them to lose big. I hate that they were down big for such silly reasons to start with. Ugh. I've been really impressed with Casey this season but that was a legitimate coaching loss, regardless of the lacklustre early effort.

I suppose they have to drop one now and again. Still, would love for the other team to beat us, rather than beating ourselves.
                              So the bad defense from literally everyone had nothing to do with it? I know you're big on lineups and plus minus with certain lineups but I really don't think that was our only problem. Our defense looked like Triano days out there and Bebe and Pascal arent the sole reasons for that. I saw Kyle Demar Cory Demarre Ross and even Powell gets blown by like it was nothing over and over and over again. The defense is why we lost this game and that bad defense led to the bad rebounding. Casey shouldn't have had Bebe in there with Dwight no question but I won't put this loss solely on Casey. The defensive effort and execution was non existent with Pascal and Bebe in the game or without them. But I agree that it was definitely worse with those two on the floor tonight.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Everybody is blaming that poor stretch on Bebe, but I feel that CoJo & DeMar simply doesn't work, regardless.

Derozan + Bench << Lowry + Bench.
                                Yup. Lowry left the game and game went to shit. Cory works best with Lowry. Derozan works with that super small line up with Patterson at 5.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X