No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is it a "guard oriented" league when the best teams all have a great big man as well as great guards/wings?

It's "guard oriented" if you only pay attention to the highlight reel.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      We should ignore an obvious strategic advantage because the NBA has Westbrook, Curry and Lillard showcased in their downloadable posters?
      Scoring wasn't the issue this game. We scored 121. Defense was the problem. We scored enough to win this game.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Scoring wasn't the issue this game. We scored 121. Defense was the problem. We scored enough to win this game.

And that's why you give the ball to your big to slow down the game. We can't keep up with teams like the Warriors.

I'm also a huge believer in transition defence. We have to force the Cavs and/or Warriors to play the game in the halfcourt.
        Last edited by rocwell; Thu Nov 17, 2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• The Warriors statistically are on pace to have the greatest offense of all time (and that's with Klay missing open 3s) with a very high pace. Slow it down with some post ups (logic dictates) but nope, they try and speed it up and get down in a hole in about 3 minutes at the end of the 2nd.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            And that's why you give the ball to your big to slow down the game. We can't keep up with teams like the Warriors.

I'm also a huge believer in transition defence. We have to force the Cavs and/or Warriors to play the game in the halfcourt.
            Curry is one of the best players in PnR situation. JV is our worse big defending PnR situation.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Taking advantage of clear mismatches, indirectly helps your defense by getting opponents into foul trouble. Their starters on the bench for longer periods, theoretically makes them easier to defend.

Comment

Curry is one of the best players in PnR situation. JV is our worse big defending PnR situation.

i'd take JV defending PnR all day over our team defending in transition.

When you have bad shots on offence you give up great looks in transition. When you go inside with a big like JV on offence you slow the game down by either scoring efficiently or forcing the other team to gang-rebound against him. Both force half-court offence.

Comment

That's probably a great argument for JV not being out there when Curry was.

Of course, JV was only out there for 1.5 minutes when Curry sat (and was a +4 in that minute), out of the 11 minutes Curry wasn't on the court. Add those 10 minutes for JV and a) you get his total up to 28 minutes, very respectable, and b) you probably get some very productive minutes from him if you run the offence into him when no one can defend him, and get the opposition in foul trouble.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This is the same JV that bullied Whiteside in the playoffs but now some are doubting what he would do the Warriors weak interior? Even while being 6/6 in the game?

lol

Comment

I agree with you on that point.

Comment

The second half was basically garbage time. Raps were really only in the game in the 1st quarter, when JV had a great start. Those 2nd half garbage time points really don't count for much. Like Usain Bolt, you knew the GSW could turn it on anytime Raps got close. IMO, the best chance the Raps had was to punish GSW's weak defense with a legitimate scoring threat.

Just read some of the recaps from the Warriors fan sites, and it's clear to them that they took their foot of the gas pedal real early and never felt threatened by anything the Raps did in the second half.

The Golden State Warriors' 2015-2016 regular season was defined by their dogged pursuit of available pages in the record book upon which they could dump all their ink. Every game counted as a potential win in their quest for the win/loss grail. The foot was always on the gas pedal. It's beginning to look like the Warriors' 2016-2017 regular season will be defined by their quest to configure their cruise control.
                        http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/201...21-final-score

Comment

• Anyone see Durants post game interview? Drake bumped into him and he looked pissed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• it's just increasingly obvious that dwane casey is either incapable or unwilling to put any faith in Valanciunas. It's particularly mind-boggling considering the amount of faith he put into the corpse of Luis Scola last season.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              Anyone see Durants post game interview? Drake bumped into him and he looked pissed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

durant is a glory-hunting pissant, hopefully he collapses in the playoffs for GSW the way he did for OKC.

Comment

• Having read through multiple threads and postings by the same group of posters I've come to an obvious conclusion....

JV is overrated by some on here.

Get over it. You'd swear he was a perennial all-star/superstar with all the crying. Chill out....11 games in guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X