• Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

EDIT: Whoops. Wrong thread.
    What kinda sections of the board am I missing out on? Lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      The idea of starting tucker is that he's better than Carroll. Seems fairly simple to me.
      DanH wrote: View Post
      That, plus at some point, one of those players will be on the court when LeBron is not. I'd prefer that to be Carroll, and save every Tucker minute for LeBron. Easiest way to make sure that happens is to start Tucker and make sure he sits down whenever LeBron does (sometimes earlier).
      I'm reaching here, but the only thing I can think of is Casey wanting to save Tucker for the 4th quarter? He tends to pick up fouls in bunches.

Comment

What kinda sections of the board am I missing out on? Lol
        It's just a meme from Anthony Joshua-Klitschko fight.

Comment

Wonderful, we're in the national spotlight again, so here comes the Stupid Arse Smith daily hot takes
          Hard to really expect media respect when ESPN just went out and fired all their credible reporters. But hey I guess SAS is worth the 3 million per year he gets.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            They are a terrific offensive team, but they are a terrible defensive team. They were near the bottom on defense after the all-star break. Raptors are one of the few teams who are top 10 in offense and defense this season. Basically what they get on the offensive end, they give up on the defensive end. They did sweep the Pacers, but all of the games were pretty close.
            Oh trust me I know their defence isn't good and we are going to get good looks. That's not my worry, my worry is that we are going to constantly miss those open looks more often than not. And against this team you just can't afford that because you aren't stopping them offensively. They just have to many weapons and are too hard to guard.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              That, plus at some point, one of those players will be on the court when LeBron is not. I'd prefer that to be Carroll, and save every Tucker minute for LeBron. Easiest way to make sure that happens is to start Tucker and make sure he sits down whenever LeBron does (sometimes earlier).
              The tricky part about playing Tucker heavy minutes is that is a huge out for Love or Kyrie on defense.

I imagineJV starts right? Can't really see him lasting for a while off the bench against Frye.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Good points but what if all those 3s become long 2s IF we consistently run them off the 3 line? I think in that scenario we have a chance without requiring 2pat and others all shooting at a high percentage.
                I hope that's the case. But I have a feeling that we will run them off the 3 point line to then give them a wide open lane to the basket because we are in scramble mode almost every possession. But IF we are able to get them to settle for a lot of long 2s we definitely have a chance. I just don't see that happening.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA....no respek on our names.
                  I do not even get mad at things like this because we don't really deserve the respect in a series like this. Cleveland is 1000% times better than us and more likely than not will beat us. I'm just hoping it's not a blow out this year. If we can keep the games we lose close I'm cool with that

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I'm reaching here, but the only thing I can think of is Casey wanting to save Tucker for the 4th quarter? He tends to pick up fouls in bunches.
                    See, let's try to follow that logic though. I've seen it posted by many.

I want Tucker to play about 25 minutes, all on LeBron, including the final 6 minutes of the 4th. Is that not achievable with Tucker starting? If it is, how is it any more likely for Tucker to pick up extra fouls in those first 19 minutes just because he starts? What about how fresh Tucker is? Would it not be less tiring for him to play those 25 minutes if they are spread over the entire game, rather than the last 40 minutes of the game?

Unless the argument is to keep Tucker away from LeBron until the 4th, in which case the game is probably out of reach by the time the 4th comes along. It's like the old faux-Casey adage when he'd sit Amir with foul trouble for way too long - we may have lost, but at least nobody fouled out.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      The tricky part about playing Tucker heavy minutes is that is a huge out for Love or Kyrie on defense.

I imagineJV starts right? Can't really see him lasting for a while off the bench against Frye.
                      Either JV starts, or doesn't play at all, in all likelihood. Don't think the Raps have the depth to withstand removing him entirely from the rotation, nevermind my personal opinion that they'd get crushed on the boards if they went that route.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Plus we went down 2-1 vs the Bucks and blew a 25 point lead in Game 6.

The only way to shut people up is to play like a contender and not like a pretender.
                        Exactly. We honestly don't deserve the respect...yet

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          Exactly. We honestly don't deserve the respect...yet
                          Yeah. It doesn't matter that we won 203 games since 2014, right? ( 220 incl. playoffs )

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Have to put my fan hat on and go Raps in 7.
                            I just don't see LeBron and the Cavs blowing it at home though, the best bet is win in 6 with a crazy crowd, etc.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              See, let's try to follow that logic though. I've seen it posted by many.

I want Tucker to play about 25 minutes, all on LeBron, including the final 6 minutes of the 4th. Is that not achievable with Tucker starting? If it is, how is it any more likely for Tucker to pick up extra fouls in those first 19 minutes just because he starts? What about how fresh Tucker is? Would it not be less tiring for him to play those 25 minutes if they are spread over the entire game, rather than the last 40 minutes of the game?

Unless the argument is to keep Tucker away from LeBron until the 4th, in which case the game is probably out of reach by the time the 4th comes along. It's like the old faux-Casey adage when he'd sit Amir with foul trouble for way too long - we may have lost, but at least nobody fouled out.
                              Ya, I don't really get it either. It's not like the "element of surprise" is a valid argument as well, where we play Lebron with a mix of Carroll and Patterson through 3 quarters, then blitz him with Tucker to end the game. Tucker will be guarding Lebron throughout the whole game.

So really, the only explanation is #CaseyGonnaCase.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Ya, I don't really get it either. It's not like the "element of surprise" is a valid argument as well, where we play Lebron with a mix of Carroll and Patterson through 3 quarters, then blitz him with Tucker to end the game. Tucker will be guarding Lebron throughout the whole game.

So really, the only explanation is #CaseyGonnaCase.
                                You got it. Casey gonna Case. It's just what he does. He never makes the logical move until things go to shit. So let's all hope Carroll plays like shit so he'll be forced to start Tucker

Comment

Working...
                                X