X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post

That's reassuring. Shaq is a dumbass.

Comment

• Game day! I'm going to ignore game 1 and get freaking excited for this. Raps in 5 still alive.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        That's reassuring. Shaq is a dumbass.
        Can't really blame the guy. If any one of us says we're confident going into tonight's game, I'd say you're a liar

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Can't really blame the guy. If any one of us says we're confident going into tonight's game, I'd say you're a liar
          I will guarantee 100% we win today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm scared to death

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Game day! I'm going to ignore game 1 and get freaking excited for this. Raps in 5 still alive.
              Exactly! For my own sanity I still believe in this team. I get that some fans are traumatized by the last few years of playoff experiences, but damn - can't throw the entire squad under the bus after the first game of the playoffs.

In other news, all the Leafs updates in these threads were pissing me off so I watched the last game. That was a hell of a lot of fun. Fan excitement seems to have a completely different effect in hockey, doesn't it? Hockey it helps you go balls to the wall and it's all gravy, basketball players really have to harness their emotions and play level-headed + in control. Difference between a contact + non-contact sport? Maybe the Raptors would feel better if they could just level a few guys in the open court and get the jitters out. Might be worth a flagrant anyway.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'm pumped. We got this. 1-1. 1-2. 1-3. 1-4. Fuck haters and non-believers.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  I will guarantee 100% we win today.
                  tDotted wrote: View Post
                  I'm scared to death
                  I emphatically agree with both of these posts.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• "It turns out this difference in mindset and intensity can be found in the data. Since 2003, 73% of home teams won Game 1. This is a high number, but it makes sense: home teams not only have home court advantage, they’re also usually the better team, since they earned home court by having a better regular season record. Of the home teams that won Game 1, 73% went on to win Game 2. But of those that lost Game 1, 83% went on to win Game 2. This gap is especially surprising given that there is selection bias at work here: the teams that won Game 1 are generally those teams who have more of an advantage over their opponent, and therefore should be more likely to win Game 2. But instead we see the opposite — and by a large margin. Desperation seems to fuel effort, and that gap in effort makes a real difference. Because the playoffs are intense."

https://cleaningtheglass.com/why-are...l-other-games/

The numbers do seem to be in our favor (83%) for this game.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I emphatically agree with both of these posts.
                        Those two posts define Toronto sports lol

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Desperation seems to fuel effort...
                          I can't think of a better motto for the Raptors.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I can't think of a better motto for the Raptors.
                            It's also the title of the reflective essay I wrote at the end of university.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              "It turns out this difference in mindset and intensity can be found in the data. Since 2003, 73% of home teams won Game 1. This is a high number, but it makes sense: home teams not only have home court advantage, they’re also usually the better team, since they earned home court by having a better regular season record. Of the home teams that won Game 1, 73% went on to win Game 2. But of those that lost Game 1, 83% went on to win Game 2. This gap is especially surprising given that there is selection bias at work here: the teams that won Game 1 are generally those teams who have more of an advantage over their opponent, and therefore should be more likely to win Game 2. But instead we see the opposite — and by a large margin. Desperation seems to fuel effort, and that gap in effort makes a real difference. Because the playoffs are intense."

https://cleaningtheglass.com/why-are...l-other-games/

The numbers do seem to be in our favor (83%) for this game.
                              I'm not a big believer of percentages and numbers in individual playoff games. Just win baby
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Took a basketball mental health day off after the game one loss and got scooped by Abbas. But no fear...I have faith in this thread. The humble Abbas will change the tide. I hope to not have to start a thread for a while. Thanks for the votes either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X