Clear All

• Mapko wrote: View Post
    And who determines style of play?
    Players?
    Casey?
    Fans?
    Cheerleaders?
    Lets get serious here.
    What I finding esp confusing that it took Masai till now to determine that 1 on 1 does not work. Never brought that up to Casey before?
    He obviously thought it could work. How would we know if a system is successful? Either way raps lose to Cavs. A more heavily ball movement offence still would got swept. If nothing else changed and Lowry still got hurt.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      He obviously thought it could work. How would we know if a system is successful? Either way raps lose to Cavs. A more heavily ball movement offence still would got swept. If nothing else changed and Lowry still got hurt.

Masai pretty clearly does not agree with you, judging by his press conference. He has big issues with the play style, and clearly thought it hurt them in these playoffs to a significant degree.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Masai pretty clearly does not agree with you, judging by his press conference. He has big issues with the play style, and clearly thought it hurt them in these playoffs to a significant degree.
        And Masai better fix our playing style. He mentioned playing style in his previous exit press conf. too. Not much has changed

Comment

• I'm waiting for a member of the media to confront Weltman about his thought that ISO-ball is favourable in the playoffs.

Comment

Doesn't agree with but, allowed it for 4 straight years. As well as retained the coach twice during that tenure. Masai presser doesn't mean anything.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon May 15, 2017, 09:46 AM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Doesn't agree with but, allowed it for 4 straight years. As well as retained the coach twice during that tenure. Masai presser doesn't mean anything.

Masai is a big loyalty guy - Casey was getting results, and won 56 games last year, taking two off the eventual champs. He was going to let Casey coach how he liked as long as he was producing. This year, a step back in wins and getting absolutely manhandled by the Cavs - the producing and growth has stopped.

Masai has never called out the system to this degree before. Nor been so adamant about incoming change. I'd expect Casey to get a chance to implement that change - Masai is still big on loyalty after all - but if he can't do it, for the first time in a while it sounds like Masai will pick progress over consistency.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                And Masai better fix our playing style. He mentioned playing style in his previous exit press conf. too. Not much has changed
                There's "mention" and then there's "40 minute long angry tirade" - the latter of which is a more accurate description of this year's press conference.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It would be unfair to say he never agreed with the playing style. Here's to hoping he's committed to a change.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I'm waiting for a member of the media to confront Weltman about his thought that ISO-ball is favourable in the playoffs.
                    I'm not sure that it isn't. Lowry and Demar haven't, on the whole, responded well to the pressure of the playoffs, and I don't think that has anything to do with the system. And you can't overlook the fact that our most important player's been injured a lot during these times. Both of these factors are pretty much impossible to overcome, regardless of the offensive system in place.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Our ISO players choke. We got destroyed by ISO though. They put Cojo on an island and Kyrie went to work. Lebron in the post dominated Demarre and PJ Tucker. ISO Joe was killing us in Nets series. Weltman is not wrong. Its just that it doesnt apply to our roster.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Our ISO players choke. We got destroyed by ISO though. They put Cojo on an island and Kyrie went to work. Lebron in the post dominated Demarre and PJ Tucker. ISO Joe was killing us in Nets series. Weltman is not wrong. Its just that it doesnt apply to our roster.
                        Deebo was the most effecient ISO scorer in the 2nd round. Might the whole playoffs actually. This was right after game 4. Might be different now.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Our ISO players choke. We got destroyed by ISO though. They put Cojo on an island and Kyrie went to work. Lebron in the post dominated Demarre and PJ Tucker. ISO Joe was killing us in Nets series. Weltman is not wrong. Its just that it doesnt apply to our roster.
                          ISO does work in the playoffs but when the offence completely dies if you can't get a 1 on 1 mismatch consistently then there's a big problem with it.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            ISO does work in the playoffs but when the offence completely dies if you can't get a 1 on 1 mismatch consistently then there's a big problem with it.
                            Completely agree.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              I don't think the inside reverse pivot would work well with any of our bigs as it does with Duncan and the Spurs. Defences would just sag off of JV, Ibaka, Patterson, Poeltl, Bebe making that a really tough pass to expect from a big. It's a nice play but it really doesn't suit our players skill set and wouldn't work unless our bigs could hit that shot consistently (they can't).

The Utah one might be the only one to work but even that one I can't see working with anyone except Lowry as the off ball cutter because none of our other players need to be covered that tight on the perimeter. Defenders wouldn't chase Demar that tight far out enough and so you'd only catch a defender who wasn't focused which is significantly less likely in the playoffs.

Right idea but unfortunately wrong plays.
                              Both plays look similar and u would run them with ibaka. If we don't have the players to hit open shots that's a problem

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I don't think the inside reverse pivot would work well with any of our bigs as it does with Duncan and the Spurs. Defences would just sag off of JV, Ibaka, Patterson, Poeltl, Bebe making that a really tough pass to expect from a big. It's a nice play but it really doesn't suit our players skill set and wouldn't work unless our bigs could hit that shot consistently (they can't).

The Utah one might be the only one to work but even that one I can't see working with anyone except Lowry as the off ball cutter because none of our other players need to be covered that tight on the perimeter. Defenders wouldn't chase Demar that tight far out enough and so you'd only catch a defender who wasn't focused which is significantly less likely in the playoffs.

Right idea but unfortunately wrong plays.
                                i dunno. 3/5 of those guys can hit a jumpshot from there fairly consistently (well, maybe not patterson but not for lack of ability). If the defence sags then just take the shot. Rather that shot than the garbage we usually run.

Comment

Working...
                                X