Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would win in this 'Raptors only' 3 v 3 match up?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who would win in this 'Raptors only' 3 v 3 match up?

    I was playing around with the roster earlier today when I had a revelation.
    Compare our 3 best vs our 3 best.

    The OG's (pun intended) vs. The "New" Guys.

    #1) Lowry, DeRozan, Valanciunas

    v.s.

    #2) Powell, Miles, Ibaka...

    Edit: also if we sprinkle some rookies into each lineup we could have a steady meat grinder on the floor through all 4 quarters.
    Last edited by c-troop; Sun Aug 13th, 2017, 05:18 PM.

  • #2
    no nibbles? personally, I'd select team 2 because all 3 are perimeter threats.

    Comment


    • #3
      Team 1 would ravage the other team.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • #4
        Team 1 wins easily. How about:

        1. Lowry, DD, Jonas

        vs

        2. Vince, Tmac, Bargnani
        It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

        Comment


        • #5
          Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Team 1 wins easily. How about:

          1. Lowry, DD, Jonas

          vs

          2. Vince, Tmac, Bargnani
          I still take team 1. Bargs was... special.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • #6
            Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Team 1 wins easily. How about:

            1. Lowry, DD, Jonas

            vs

            2. Vince, Tmac, Bargnani
            Team 2, by a landslide

            Comment


            • #7
              Are we talking Raptors TMac or Orlando/Houston TMac? If it was Raptor TMac, then team 1 wins easily. If not then I'd give the edge to Team 2 despite having Bargnani on the team.


              How about this one?

              1. Fields, Carroll, Kleiza
              2. Turk, Bargnani, Kapono

              Comment


              • #8
                planetmars wrote: View Post


                How about this one?

                1. Fields, Carroll, Kleiza
                2. Turk, Bargnani, Kapono
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

                Comment


                • #9
                  planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Are we talking Raptors TMac or Orlando/Houston TMac? If it was Raptor TMac, then team 1 wins easily. If not then I'd give the edge to Team 2 despite having Bargnani on the team.


                  How about this one?

                  1. Fields, Carroll, Kleiza
                  2. Turk, Bargnani, Kapono
                  Ugh. I can't even decide who I dislike more between Kleiza and Turk.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Are we talking Raptors TMac or Orlando/Houston TMac? If it was Raptor TMac, then team 1 wins easily. If not then I'd give the edge to Team 2 despite having Bargnani on the team.


                    How about this one?

                    1. Fields, Carroll, Kleiza
                    2. Turk, Bargnani, Kapono
                    Prime Carter with 2 Bargnani's could beat team 1, but guess we'll never know.

                    If you're going to pit the biggest disappointments in franchise history against each other then where's Arujo?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Are we talking Raptors TMac or Orlando/Houston TMac? If it was Raptor TMac, then team 1 wins easily. If not then I'd give the edge to Team 2 despite having Bargnani on the team.


                      How about this one?

                      1. Fields, Carroll, Kleiza
                      2. Turk, Bargnani, Kapono
                      Prime Carter with 2 Bargnani's could beat team 1, but guess we'll never know.

                      If you're going to pit the biggest disappointments in franchise history against each other then where's Arujo?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Prime Carter with 2 Bargnani's could beat team 1, but guess we'll never know.

                        If you're going to pit the biggest disappointments in franchise history against each other then where's Arujo?
                        Carter was awesome but DD/Lowry are pretty great too. And no he would not beat team 1 with 2 Bargnani's.

                        Arujo was a DNP-CD.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I feel like you didn't do the term "OG" justice.

                          The OGs are Vince, T-Mac, Damon. Find me any 3 current Raptors that could touch these 3 in 3-on-3 basketball. There are none.

                          Since we are talking streetball I'd even consider swapping Rafer in there for Stoudamire.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ebrian wrote: View Post
                            I feel like you didn't do the term "OG" justice.

                            The OGs are Vince, T-Mac, Damon. Find me any 3 current Raptors that could touch these 3 in 3-on-3 basketball. There are none.

                            Since we are talking streetball I'd even consider swapping Rafer in there for Stoudamire.
                            Man when was the last time we had a great legit SF. I can't even remember.
                            It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              DanH wrote: View Post
                              Team 1 would ravage the other team.
                              I do not think they would be "ravaged". That word makes me think of some hyenas tearing apart a carcass. I imagine that it would be much closer than stats and all-star titles would lead one to believe.
                              It would be a real treat to watch. Lowry is getting old, and Powell has locked down Paul George in the playoffs, Deebo would be hard to stop in the paint, but he isn't a defensive threat, especially on the perimeter, and he can't hit 3's. Plus Jonas has weak perimeter D, and Ibaka isn't a loaf in the paint.
                              If you think JV would eat Ibaka's lunch, well, that's your opinion haha.

                              I'm 23, I do not remember watching VC... people my age don't marvel at the hype around Vince like you guys... but his impact is certainly recognized.
                              I mean he never took us to the ECF, but still...
                              That elbow in the rim was sick.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X