Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Teams Predictions: 2017-18 Who is going to the dance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Conference Playoff Teams Predictions: 2017-18 Who is going to the dance ?

The Contenders: Cavs / Raps / Whiz / Celtics

Up and Coming: Milwaukee / Hinkies

The Herd: Hornets / Pistons / Heat / Indy / Magic / Knicks

Selling Hope for the Future Cuz we Suck so bad Right Now: Nets / Bulls / Hawks

The Contenders:

The CavsThe RapsThe Whiz:ChowderHeads:The Up and Comers:

The Bucks gave the Raps a lot to handle in the playoffs but fell short. Jason Kidd ran Alphabet Soup into the ground. The Alphabet is going to be even better this year than last. So is Mr. Brodgon at the point and they get a full year of Kris Middelton. Jabari Parker is likely out till the New Year but Thon Maker could be a very welcome replacement. The Bucks are going to be good but are a year away from home court in round 1.

The HinkiesThe Herd.

The Pistons picked up a real pro and a leader in Avery Bradley. He will give them defense and 3 point shooting and is an upgrade over Caldwell Pope. Drummond and Jackson have to be better than last year and the kid from Duke Kennard is a good spot up shooter. They are going to be scrapping for the 8th and last spot in the post season. The HeatThe Hornets are rolling the dice on the locker room cancer that is Dwight Howard. Kemba Walker, MKG and the guy some RR folks wanted instead of Demar in Nick Batum missed out last year. Howard is the only real material change. Frank the Tank will pick up the slack from Marvin Williams as he ages. Malik Monk could give them shooting off the bench. Still Dwight is gonna be Dwight and its gunna be tough for the Hornets to get in. The view from this cheap seat is they are fighting for 8th. The MagicThe KnicksIndySelling Hope and Futures and Whatever the Suckers will Buy as we Rebuild

The Bulls The Hawks too are tearing it down to the studs to start over. Dennis Schroeder will learn his craft, Taureen Prince will learn to be an NBA caliber SF and only wives and girlfriends will watch these guys play in Philips Arena this year. Coach Bud will reap the stunted crop that GM Bud sowed. The Nets

I think you nailed the top 8. Except for Philly. I just do not see them beating Charlotte out of the playoffs this year. maybe next year. But this upcoming season they are just too young and new. great read DS.

Comment

I think the Wiz' lack of depth might catch up to them in the regular season. Boston's depth and scoring should have them a top 3 seed.

Comment

I think the sixers make it. They go from having no guard play to having good guard play. I know Fultz is a rookie but they also have another #1 pick rookie to help distribute.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I think the sixers make it. They go from having no guard play to having good guard play. I know Fultz is a rookie but they also have another #1 pick rookie to help distribute.
          Kemba is underrated IMO. And they don't forget the Hornets nabbed the best SG of the draft in Malik Monk, and added Dwayne bacon for kicks.

They are a more cohesive unit.
          Similarly like Toronto over Boston.

Plus we haven't seen Simmons or Fultz play against the men, and Embiid struggles staying healthy.

should be really fun to watch!!!

Comment

I'm gonna guess:
            1. Cavs
            2. Celtics
            3. Raps
            4. Wizards
            5. Bucks
            6. Hornets
            7. Heat
            8. Pistons

I'm not buying into the Philly playoff talk yet. They're pinning all their hopes on two rookies and a guy who's played like 30 games. Yes they're all extremely talented prospects, but for this coming year I don't see them in the top 8, especially with the injury concerns.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Most likely

1. Cavs
              2. Celtics
              3. Raptors
              4. Wizards
              5. Bucks
              6. Hornets
              7. Heat
              8. Pistons

My preference would be to be 2/3 with Wizards and Celtics Cavs 1/4.

Comment

1. Cavs
                2. Boston
                3. Wiz
                4. Raps
                5. Heat
                6. Bucks
                7/8. Philly/Hornets

Comment

1. Cavs
                  2. Celtics
                  3. Raptors
                  4. Bucks
                  5. Wizards
                  6. Hornets
                  7. Heat
                  8. 76ers
                  9. Knicks
                  10. Nets
                  11. Pistons
                  12. Hawks
                  13. Magic
                  14. Pacers
                  15. Bulls

Don't like Toronto's defense much and I still question their wing depth. One Lowry injury away and we won't have CoJo to help keep things steady like last year either. However when healthy they could be a 1st seed. I'm excited to see Ibaka play all season long. It would be a treat to finally have a good PF on the roster since Bosh left.

Nets are going to surprise.. won't be a bottom feeder but still won't make the playoffs. East is really weak but I really don't like that Pistons team. I think they're going to struggle. I have them below the Knicks and Nets. Cavs are too strong to not take the first seed. Boston and Toronto will be neck & neck. I know Boston can't rebound or might struggle with D.. but they had those issues last season too. I really like what Stevens did with IT and Kyrie can be more dominant. So that match-up could be devastating for the league. Cavs will be too good though. Crowder fits that team so well and IT is going to have such an easy time with LBJ on the team.

Comment

You still call them the Chowderheads Demo? haha

I've got......

1. Cavs
                    2. Raps
                    3. Celtics (I'm putting them this high out of courtesy)
                    4. Bucks
                    5. Wizards
                    6. Hornets
                    7. Heat
                    8. Philly

You've got to be REAL bad to not make the playoffs in the East this year

Comment

All good thoughts. I am going to predict Giannis is an MVP candidate by year end and Bucks get home court. Forget Irving, IT, and the Philly Kids, Giannis is the next superstar in the East.

The 2-5 seeds are going to be tight this year, tho. Not a lot separating these teams.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The Bucks should have Middleton all year which should make them good all season long. I think Jabari actually hurts Giannis though. If he wasn't around I could see Giannis getting the MVP. But Jabari is going to take a lot of points and possessions away which will hurt his chances.

Comment

Also I saw a rumour that the Bucks were offering Middleton, Brodgon and a pick for Irving. Kyrie on the Bucks would make that team so good. They need a dominant PG to get to that next level.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The Bucks should have Middleton all year which should make them good all season long. I think Jabari actually hurts Giannis though. If he wasn't around I could see Giannis getting the MVP. But Jabari is going to take a lot of points and possessions away which will hurt his chances.
                            I think your right .. Parker for how good he is takes away from the Alphabets game. Pretty sure Parker has had the bad luck to have torn his ACL in the same knee twice now. No time line for his return .. but he did it last February... so even without a medical degree have to think its going to be at least a year before he gets cleared...

Giannas will be the centre piece of the Bucks this year with no drag from Parker till maybe the playoffs.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              I'm gonna guess:
                              1. Cavs
                              2. Celtics
                              3. Raps
                              4. Wizards
                              5. Bucks
                              6. Hornets
                              7. Heat
                              8. Pistons

I'm not buying into the Philly playoff talk yet. They're pinning all their hopes on two rookies and a guy who's played like 30 games. Yes they're all extremely talented prospects, but for this coming year I don't see them in the top 8, especially with the injury concerns.
                              Its a leap of faith on Philly for me... I like that they have signed some guys who will contribute both on the floor and in the room with Amir and JJ Reddick.....I think thats enough of an edge in a pretty bland middle tier of teams in the East this year.

Under the deptarment of woulda.. coulda.. shoulda.... just think if Hinkie had picked the Zinger instead of Okafor at 3 in 2015.

Comment

Working...
                              X