Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 2: Toronto Raptors vs LA Clippers - Mon Oct 2, 11pm Mountain (Tues 1am Eastern)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what happens when a franchise gets cheap with its bench and tries to play all unproven players there. Huge risk. Either it works out, or most of the guys are duds and you have a terrible bench. It's looking like it's going to be the latter, with Powell being the only remotely impactful player coming off the pine for us.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Don't underestimate clippers this year. They'll enjoy themselves more without chris paul plus the gained gallinari, lou will and beverly who all bring a distinct skill
      This is what I said earlier in the offseason and a few people went at me saying they would be trash. The Clippers are in the same tier we're in. 3rd tier of teams that will win like 45-50 games and do nothing of note in the playoffs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        This is what happens when a franchise gets cheap with its bench and tries to play all unproven players there. Huge risk. Either it works out, or most of the guys are duds and you have a terrible bench. It's looking like it's going to be the latter, with Powell being the only remotely impactful player coming off the pine for us.
        I'm really hoping Powell and having Demar or Kyle with the bench at all times helps. But that's definitely wishful thinking.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          Welp Van Vleet did no better with the all bench unit than Delon did so everyone going off about him can chill. The all bench unit just isn't good. It never has been it never will be.
          Not that I ever think we should be playing an all bench unit, but the one we had at the end of last year would've at least been a competent lineup. CoJo-Powell-Tucker-2Pat-Bebe is pretty damn elite defensively, with fairly good spacing and a couple solid creators.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I'm really hoping Powell and having Demar or Kyle with the bench at all times helps. But that's definitely wishful thinking.
            I might be changing my stance on Powell starting too now. I can see why they aren't doing it. If Delon can't create, we are putting DeMar and Kyle on a fucking island in those bench units.

At least last year they would've had CoJo as a creator (which allows Lowry to play off-ball more in the bench lineups as a shooter). I was high on Delon but if he's really not gonna be any good then Powell actually needs to come off the bench.

This team is so shit. So poorly constructed and has no depth. We have 6 guys who have actually shown they can play in the NBA, and 3 of them don't play good defense (DeMar, JV, Miles).

Comment

This is what happens when a franchise gets cheap with its bench and tries to play all unproven players there. Huge risk. Either it works out, or most of the guys are duds and you have a terrible bench. It's looking like it's going to be the latter, with Powell being the only remotely impactful player coming off the pine for us.
              This is a very good point. It's hard to win and develop at the same time.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Developing is fine, but to try to develop 5 bench players at once is a fool's errand. Even the Spurs don't do that. They'll typically have one or two young guys on the bench but surrounded by more experienced vets who can make things easier for them and actually be positive contributors.

Comment

I might be changing my stance on Powell starting too now. I can see why they aren't doing it. If Delon can't create, we are putting DeMar and Kyle on a fucking island in those bench units.

At least last year they would've had CoJo as a creator (which allows Lowry to play off-ball more in the bench lineups as a shooter). I was high on Delon but if he's really not gonna be any good then Powell actually needs to come off the bench.

This team is so shit. So poorly constructed and has no depth. We have 6 guys who have actually shown they can play in the NBA, and 3 of them don't play good defense (DeMar, JV, Miles).
                  I wouldn't go as fas as calling them shit. Washington/Boston have the same problem.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Why were Lowry/Norm held out? Don't trust this trainning staff at all.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

This is exactly what I've been saying in the "Most Overrated" thread. Why aren't you over there backing me up? I've got Demographic Shift calling me a "bugger" over what clearly is a very precarious situation we have in our depth.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                        This is exactly what I've been saying in the "Most Overrated" thread. Why aren't you over there backing me up? I've got Demographic Shift calling me a "bugger" over what clearly is a very precarious situation we have in our depth.
                        Wiz/Celt have the exact same problem
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          Developing is fine, but to try to develop 5 bench players at once is a fool's errand. Even the Spurs don't do that. They'll typically have one or two young guys on the bench but surrounded by more experienced vets who can make things easier for them and actually be positive contributors.
                          Which is why it didn't make any sense that our supposed Spurs model had our youngs riding the pine even in meaningless games against the Sixers over the last four years.

And I would argue that we didn't choose to develop in this fashion. We forced ourselves into cap hell and are calling this "development" in the same way that BC called it "organic growth" when he got stuck. It's true, but it's also spin.

Anyways it's ultimately a good thing. We'll either find out we have players, or find out we don't, and it will either offer us an avenue towards improvement, or accelerate us into a rebuild.

Comment

• Since we lost, next game thread is up for grabs... Call it now!

Comment

This is what I said earlier in the offseason and a few people went at me saying they would be trash. The Clippers are in the same tier we're in. 3rd tier of teams that will win like 45-50 games and do nothing of note in the playoffs.
                              They'll be solid, but same tier as us is a joke.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                                I didn't see it honestly. I've been very, VERY pessimistic on this team all offseason man.

Idk why people think we're so good. We literally have 6 good players and the rest are either trash or very inexperienced with low ceilings (so... trash).

Comment

Working...
                                X