An idea for our best lineup strategy this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    That's not really fair. You can't suggest a best-case scenario without an actual concrete target, then get snippy when someone says it's not realistic.

We have mounds of evidence that JV's trade value is near an all-time low. You yourself are constantly pounding the table to send him to the bench. So why would anyone give us an elite combo 3/4 for him?
    Wait a second. I didn't say anyone would give us that. I said that would be the best case scenario.

Also I AM OK WITH STARTING JV I just want to look at other options, because I know when the playoffs roll around and Boston, Cleveland, Milwaukee start hitting us with small ball lineups we're going to have to rely on Casey to play lineups he's never started before and go down 1-0 in every series.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Wait a second. I didn't say anyone would give us that. I said that would be the best case scenario.

Also I AM OK WITH STARTING JV I just want to look at other options, because I know when the playoffs roll around and Boston, Cleveland, Milwaukee start hitting us with small ball lineups we're going to have to rely on Casey to play lineups he's never started before and go down 1-0 in every series.
      If Milwaukee tries that garbage against the Raps again and Powell is starting, we'll sweep them no matter who is starting at C. I have zero concerns with BOS.

Cleveland is a whole other thing.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        If Milwaukee tries that garbage against the Raps again and Powell is starting, we'll sweep them no matter who is starting at C. I have zero concerns with BOS.

Cleveland is a whole other thing.
        You can keep having zero concerns with Boston, you're wrong on that mate. They're better coached, deeper and have a similar level of high end talent. They're going to be a problem.
        Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Tue Oct 10, 2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

You can keep having zero concerns with Boston, you're wrong on that mate. They're better coached, deeper and have a similar level of high end talent. They're going to be a problem.
          Boston is trash

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
            Boston is trash
            Except they aren't. They're right at the same level we are. Unless you also think we're trash?

Comment

Except they aren't. They're right at the same level we are. Unless you also think we're trash?
              If they're on the same level as us, what makes them a "problem"?

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                If they're on the same level as us, what makes them a "problem"?
                Because our level consistently drops in the playoffs? So if we're at the same level as a team and we drop off, guess what, they're above us?

And even if we don't it'll still be a very difficult series.

Comment

I like JV starting

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                    I like JV starting
                    With Ibaka and Powell.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      With Ibaka and Powell.
                      Yes and no pascal to speak of.

Comment

I like the lineups we used tonight. It looked good but it was against Detroit so we'll have to see if that keeps up.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

swap Anunoby and Siakam around in that idea I had lol

Comment

swap Anunoby and Siakam around in that idea I had lol
                            Lol for sure. OG is clearly better than pascal already.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                              Lol for sure. OG is clearly better than pascal already.
                              Feel sorry for Pascal now. He was a late 2nd round pick with a low ceiling that got picked way too early. And OG is top 10 pick with a high ceiling that dropped way too far. Makes the comparison feel even worse.

Comment

JV's been killing it.. probably best Raptor in pre-season. So I would prefer a starting lineup where he starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X