Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Try starting a different unit. This one is problematic. The 1st and 3rd quarter starts aren't just "effort" or all this intangible stuff that people want to pretend it is.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    This is Spursian.... I love it. Casey getting pissed off after a win. Like I said before, winning with bad habits is almost like an L to a good coach.
    Yeah it’s a coach being a coach...
    There is ALWAYS something you could do better....

It’s very evident that he is really steamed about giving back those leads in the third quarter in short order right after breaking their collective backs to build them in the 1st half.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

even Casey knows it's #fakewin
    This is Spursian.... I love it. Casey getting pissed off after a win. Like I said before, winning with bad habits is almost like an L to a good coach.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Derozan with 30 points but barely went to the line. Lately he hasn't been drawing fouls
    There were a number of times I couldn't believe he didn't do his normal jump into the D for a foul. Should have run at Howard all night lol

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Remember declining kyle lowry? He's gone. After last night, he's up to ~17-6-6 (nearly 8 Reb per 36!) And the shooting? 3pt % is now a career high .417, 45% for the month of November. All this in an ideal 32 mpg. Let's just hope he's November kyle in the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

I don't know how much of this is rocket science . Despite their youth, their core is a veteran team. They're a good team and at least in the last two losses, they play a solid first half, go in with a lead and it can't be that easy to come out with the same fire once you've already done that.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Derozan with 30 points but barely went to the line. Lately he hasn't been drawing fouls
    2.4 FTA over the last 5 games.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    The worst part about that Raptor broadcast was having to listen to Drake go on an on about nothing for a whole half and Matt and LEO uncomfortably fake laugh through the whole thing. I understand SportsNet wanting to appeal to Drake fanboys but some of us actually want to hear some actual basketball play by play and colour commentary....

I agree with what another poster said last night; dude is just an attention whore and Sportsnet gives him the platform.....far too often and FAR too long. You never saw Jack Nicholson do that, you don't see Billy Crystal do that, hell you don't even see Spike Lee do that. Even Marcus Stroman of all people didn't run up asking to interviewed lol
    There are a lot of Drake fans who don't watch the Raptors. Imagine there were more than a few guys watching the game who called their wives/girlfriends in from the other room when Drake was on. Although I just muted the sound once he started talking. .

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    The worst part about that Raptor broadcast was having to listen to Drake go on an on about nothing for a whole half and Matt and LEO uncomfortably fake laugh through the whole thing. I understand SportsNet wanting to appeal to Drake fanboys but some of us actually want to hear some actual basketball play by play and colour commentary....

I agree with what another poster said last night; dude is just an attention whore and Sportsnet gives him the platform.....far too often and FAR too long. You never saw Jack Nicholson do that, you don't see Billy Crystal do that, hell you don't even see Spike Lee do that. Even Marcus Stroman of all people didn't run up asking to interviewed lol

So stroll over and interview him once a game for the fanboys if you like but keep him away from the scorer's table and whatever you do, don't hand him a dam mike and headset to ad-lib for an hour.....sorry, he's just annoying to me, ymmv
    Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Bebe's plus-minus numbers can't just be noise. They've been like that the entire time he's been here.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I understand it may be his first time with a mic, but he's got to learn to point it at the interviewee when he's done asking the question. That said, as cheesy as it is, there's some kid playing high school basketball somewhere who sees that and thinks "hey, it might be nice to play for the Raptors"
    I guess it's cool in the sense that the players feel pretty "big league". As much as we know toronto is a massive city, it's still small market in the nba landscape. And almost every player in the league likes to feel a little "new york or LA" every now and then. Easy to forget these guys are mostly all guys in their 20s from normal upbringings that listen to hip hop. I was in high school nearly 15 years ago so drakes not my cup of tea, but I could imagine it'd be like rubbing shoulders with jay z 15 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I understand it may be his first time with a mic, but he's got to learn to point it at the interviewee when he's done asking the question. That said, as cheesy as it is, there's some kid playing high school basketball somewhere who sees that and thinks "hey, it might be nice to play for the Raptors"

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Why do we hate players who constantly are on the floor when we go on runs? Bebe's net rating last year +9.8 in over 1000 minutes. This year +11.3 in over 200 minutes. Yeah he's not good in the traditional sense, constantly injured, plays almost exclusively vs bench, etc, but there is something there that we seem to be missing.

I'm replying to this comment, but there are others even worse - glad he's injured? Wow.
    He's plus-minus black magic. I don't think he should be playing ahead of the other two C's, but he's a great piece to have in situations like last night, where the other two are in foul trouble or one's having a bad night, to throw out there and give a completely different look and have a great shot at winning those minutes. Can't be relied on to provide good minutes consistently (every time we've tried he's either suddenly played terribly or gotten hurt), but he's still a great depth piece to have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X