No announcement yet.

Game #22: Toronto Raptors 126 - Phoenix Suns 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps were +36.3 in net rating with Ibaka at center in this game.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Raps were +36.3 in net rating with Ibaka at center in this game.
      Yeah, he was +4 in 6.4 minutes at C. They scored 22 points in that time, giving up 18. And he was +29.6 net rating at C, just for the record. But that was on a 144 ORTG and a 115 DRTG. Isn't the argument that Ibaka at C helps the defence? The Raps had a 102.8 DRTG with JV at C last game, and a 99.5 DRTG with Poeltl at C, if we want to indiscriminately use ratings over small samples.

Short spurt minutes at C is exactly how he should be used, though I wouldn't personally be using this game against the Suns as the basis for any decisions, since I don't think "they can outscore their problems with Ibaka at C" is the argument being made...
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        So maybe ole Na.te was wondering how Steven Adams was going to fare that night ?
        No, he was responding to a comment on Jacob
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Ibaka seemed extremely energized last night, using normal Ibaka as a baseline.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Yeah, he was +4 in 6.4 minutes at C. They scored 22 points in that time, giving up 18. And he was +29.6 net rating at C, just for the record. But that was on a 144 ORTG and a 115 DRTG. Isn't the argument that Ibaka at C helps the defence? The Raps had a 102.8 DRTG with JV at C last game, and a 99.5 DRTG with Poeltl at C, if we want to indiscriminately use ratings over small samples.

Short spurt minutes at C is exactly how he should be used, though I wouldn't personally be using this game against the Suns as the basis for any decisions, since I don't think "they can outscore their problems with Ibaka at C" is the argument being made...
            No it isn't.

And I didn't intend to get into another debate on this topic. Just pointing out some numbers.

Comment

• I think at this point we might as well look to get JV off the roster entirely. He's the 3rd best center on the team and doesn't even play that much. I feel like Casey's only even playing him as a service to him and so as not to completely torpedo his trade value.

Really still eyeing Wes Matthews on the Mavs.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Ibaka seemed extremely energized last night, using normal Ibaka as a baseline.
                He's legit old. Having extra days off helps him the most, will be interesting to keep an eye on it through the season.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I think at this point we might as well look to get JV off the roster entirely. He's the 3rd best center on the team and doesn't even play that much. I feel like Casey's only even playing him as a service to him and so as not to completely torpedo his trade value.

Really still eyeing Wes Matthews on the Mavs.
                  What trade value does he have? He's an OK player at a position where there are a glut of available similar players, on a contract that is not cap-friendly and has 2 more years to run.

He's not going anywhere.

Comment

What trade value does he have? He's an OK player at a position where there are a glut of available similar players, on a contract that is not cap-friendly and has 2 more years to run.

He's not going anywhere.
                    Wes Matthews. Career 39% 3PT shooter on 5 attempts, 41% this year. Can guard the 1-3 spots effectively. Has a player option for next year that he'll pick up, which is good because we'd have a 19M expiring to work with if necessary.

Could start him at the 3 and go with either OG or Siakam at the 4 spot next to Ibaka at the 5.

Noel has been bad for Dallas and they could use young talent especially at center. They would actually have some interest in JV imo especially at that price tag. Throw in Bebe or Bruno if necessary.
                    Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Wed Dec 6, 2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

No, he was responding to a comment on Jacob
                      https://twitter.com/nateduncannba/st...29691520974848

Yeah..he was...
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Wes Matthews. Career 39% 3PT shooter on 5 attempts, 41% this year. Can guard the 1-3 spots effectively. Has a player option for next year that he'll pick up, which is good because we'd have a 19M expiring to work with if necessary.

Could start him at the 3 and go with either OG or Siakam at the 4 spot next to Ibaka at the 5.
                        Sure, again, I can totally see the argument for trading JV for a solid to great 3+D. I have a hard time understanding why Dallas does that. Why would they want JV? If they move Matthews wouldn't it be for as much salary relief and draft value as possible?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Sure, again, I can totally see the argument for trading JV for a solid to great 3+D. I have a hard time understanding why Dallas does that. Why would they want JV? If they move Matthews wouldn't it be for as much salary relief and draft value as possible?
                          Yeah, they're set up perfectly to overhaul their roster completely in the next 1-2 years and to lose enough in the meantime to grab a couple of high lotto picks. JV's salary is a year longer than Matthews'.

If they dump Barnes or Matthews, it should be for expirings/picks/prospects. They may be able to sell to a contender.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Dallas isn't really a tanking organization. Getting a competent, relatively young (JV's age lines up nicely with Barnes) starting center in exchange for Matthews could be good for them, especially with Noel's status totally up in the air in the summer as a UFA. They can shore that up and focus on other targets like getting a 2-guard in the draft and maybe signing hometown native, Julius Randle.

DSJ
                            (SG from the draft)
                            Barnes
                            Randle
                            JV

Isn't a bad starting point at all for that team.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, they're set up perfectly to overhaul their roster completely in the next 1-2 years and to lose enough in the meantime to grab a couple of high lotto picks. JV's salary is a year longer than Matthews'.

If they dump Barnes or Matthews, it should be for expirings/picks/prospects. They may be able to sell to a contender.
                              I don't see them dumping Barnes or doing a sustained tank. They have a likely top 5 pick on the way this year after getting DSJ last year. This isn't Philly, Cuban likes being in the playoffs.

Comment

Noel has been bad for Dallas and they could use young talent especially at center. They would actually have some interest in JV imo especially at that price tag. Throw in Bebe or Bruno if necessary.
                                pink font?

Comment

Working...
                                X