Game #36: Toronto Raptors 124 - Chicago Bulls 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    For good reason. The Ringer is Bill Simmons' baby. Concepcion wants to stay employed and is angling for a raise.
    This one dimensional Boston - GSW - Cleveland centric view of the NBA still ticks me off but not nearly as bad as it used to.

Much like the NHL coverage from TSN is centered on the Leafs, Habs ,the McDavids and to varying degrees the Penguins while flat out ignoring the Devils and Blue Jackets (who are first rate teams at the top of the standings) so does the NBA marketing engines ignore the Raptors. The WWE that is the NBA hype machine still dogmatically promotes the below .500 Sixers and the really woeful Kuzma/Ball Lakers along with the aforementioned holy trinity above.

Its a mix of ignorance and that they just don't give a flying *uck about anyone else. Trotting out examples of what ailed this team two seasons ago and transposing those missteps on what essentially a different team and scheme smacks of shoddy background work. Its what you expect of those homers.

January sees some really good ball teams coming through town .... The Bucks (who we beat) The Lebrons, San Antonio, the Warriors and Minnestoa .....and on the road we see the Bucks and Minny again....

Going 5 and 2 will make a statment and we will get some props from the likes of Bobby Marks / Woj... but am not counting on the TNT gang or the CBS/ESPN homers to change their tune much. After all... Shaq still likes the impact Dwayne Wade and Derrick Rose will make for the Lebrons.... yeesh.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      I can't. I was a Grantland fan but the talent they got for The Ringer is G-League by comparison. A lot of Grantland staff were apparently pissed the way Bill bailed on them in his ESPN spat, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hard time recruiting top-flight writers this time around.
      I've heard some complimentary stuff about Tjarks.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        I can't. I was a Grantland fan but the talent they got for The Ringer is G-League by comparison. A lot of Grantland staff were apparently pissed the way Bill bailed on them in his ESPN spat, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hard time recruiting top-flight writers this time around.
        I skim thru it still based on my respect for simmons writing, Grantland content and espn page 2 prior. But simmons doesn't write anymore basically, and I find myself visiting less and less. Some decent nba content but it's mostly another huff post liberal millenial "woke" blog. As an over 30 male with a little bit right of center politics, I find a lot of their writers very irritating
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Amazing that the 905 have now won 7 straight and back in the playoff picture when half of them are up and contributing with the big club this year.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Cavs ain't Boston.

And Raps fans truly hate Boston and Knicks.
            I get it. But I'll never root for LeWhiner. Just root for the Cavs to lose then......

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              This was on the ringer today. Pissed me off
              Have you heard of the Ringer Curse yet? This is good news!!

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                I get it. But I'll never root for LeWhiner. Just root for the Cavs to lose then......
                Hold your nose and root for the Cavs....
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

I don't hate lebron. I kinda used to. He's cool. Don't get me wrong, obsessed with beating him but..Irving is more unlikable as are the warriors. So kinda pick your poison I guess

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    I've heard some complimentary stuff about Tjarks.
                    Tjarks is good. Almost everyone else is terrible.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      Amazing that the 905 have now won 7 straight and back in the playoff picture when half of them are up and contributing with the big club this year.
                      Stack is gonna get a HC job next year. Book it.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                        Stack is gonna get a HC job next year. Book it.
                        I wonder if they should bring him up as an Assistant Coach to buy another year. If the Raps unexpectedly bow out in the first round, I think Masai would gas Casey.

Comment

Game day
                          Game Day!
                          I just like saying it ....

Comment

*me scrolling ESPN*

"Oh wow, 23 articles about Kyrie Irving (oh one's REALLY long), Isaiah Thomas, Lebron, Cavs, and Celts"
                            *scroll*
                            Harden...Lavar...
                            *scroll*
                            More Irving....
                            *scroll*
                            Kobe ON Irving...
                            *scroll*
                            "Oh a Demar Derozan featu...oh...yeah this was written and put on in June. Probably nobody read it then so they're pretending its new again"

^^^This is the life of a Raptors fan in Canada. Probably the same as like a hockey fan in Texas tbh.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              *me scrolling ESPN*

"Oh wow, 23 articles about Kyrie Irving (oh one's REALLY long), Isaiah Thomas, Lebron, Cavs, and Celts"
                              *scroll*
                              Harden...Lavar...
                              *scroll*
                              More Irving....
                              *scroll*
                              Kobe ON Irving...
                              *scroll*
                              "Oh a Demar Derozan featu...oh...yeah this was written and put on in June. Probably nobody read it then so they're pretending its new again"

^^^This is the life of a Raptors fan in Canada. Probably the same as like a hockey fan in Texas tbh.
                              I got excited for a second....

...but then realized that it was just a soccer score and I mis-read 'Torino' as 'Toronto'

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I got excited for a second....

...but then realized that it was just a soccer score and I mis-read 'Torino' as 'Toronto'
                                Torino, Toronto = Tomayto, Tomahto

Comment

Working...
                                X