Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Playoffs.
    Gonna have to explain that one to me.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      ...The Cavs, with Love and with LeBron freaking James, have 3 (and for all their defensive uselessness they can still score).
      Clearly LeBron has been holding Love back. LOL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Gonna have to explain that one to me.
        The ceiling of the offense would be higher in the playoffs.

I'm expecting a noticeable drop-off in our playoff offense, like their always is, because performance of star players matters more there and it's easier to gameplan for them. Love would significantly change that dynamic by adding a 3rd offensive star.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          You really don't think adding a player that can average 20 & 10 within the system the Raptors run would not make this team better? I can't believe this is even a debate. If you have an opportunity to add a more talented player you always do and figure it out afterwards.
          What I think is not even debatable is JV being the centrepiece of a Kevin Love deal. It's not happening. If people actually want to seriously argue for adding Kevin Love to this team, let's start with the pieces of a package Cleveland might actually stay on the line for. JV + Miles is definitely not it.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            What I think is not even debatable is JV being the centrepiece of a Kevin Love deal. It's not happening. If people actually want to seriously argue for adding Kevin Love to this team, let's start with the pieces of a package Cleveland might actually stay on the line for. JV + Miles is definitely not it.
            We do seem to go on lengthy arguments about moot points.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Nothing serious about that trade possibly happening. At least not until LeBron decides on his future as a Cav. Perhaps JV and Norm in the off season, but as others have mentioned there would be better offers out there for him.

Comment

You've actually got to be fucking kidding me. I'm getting tired of people just blatantly lying on here to make a point. Love is the best outlet passer in the league. We're trying to play at a faster pace this year, can you imagine him hitting DeRozan, Delon or Lowry streaking down the court for fast breaks?

Like let's not be silly here and act like there's a negligible difference in JV and Love's passing ability. What a fucking joke of a comment.
                I didn't realize outlet passes will singlehandedly make us a much better team. The one or two transition buckets it may help us get on some nights, yeah, that'll propel us past the contenders.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  We do seem to go on lengthy arguments about moot points.
                  LOL, if we only discussed legitimate points about the Raptors, imagine how many pages upon pages and threads upon threads we could have avoided. RR is much more a fun place to be when discussing all the non serious points.

Comment

The ceiling of the offense would be higher in the playoffs.

I'm expecting a noticeable drop-off in our playoff offense, like their always is, because performance of star players matters more there and it's easier to gameplan for them. Love would significantly change that dynamic by adding a 3rd offensive star.
                    Oh, well, I can't see that you have any reason to believe that. The new system is not so easily gameplanned for as the old. And would Kevin Love really significantly change the dynamic that much? I think he's being overvalued here.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nothing serious about that trade possibly happening. At least not until LeBron decides on his future as a Cav. Perhaps JV and Norm in the off season, but as others have mentioned there would be better offers out there for him.
                      "Serious" - I'm aware of the context and not talking about the trade having a high probability of happening, I'm talking about people actually getting serious about a JV vs. Love debate in the last couple of pages. The fantasy trade isn't JV for Love, it's JV + piece + piece for Love. Who's included? Miles? Cavs have Korver. Poeltl? They'd already have JV + TT. OG + Delon are likely candidates. Does Kevin Love make Toronto better than JV + OG + Delon? It's going to take multiple quality pieces to get a current All-Star, once you start talking about packages like that I'd rather be talking about players other than Kevin Love.

Kevin Love is the kind of guy whose trade market value likely exceeds the value of his contribution to your team, imho.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Can we trade Ibaka for Love? I'd rather have Love over Ibaka.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Love switched out on Steph Curry and got a stop with the NBA championship on the line. Y'all really think JV could do that? Love is faster, smarter and more agile. All those lead to being a better pnr defender if motivated. Teams already target JV just as much. I don't think you see much difference to the D. This offence goes to another level though. Imagine having a big that can actually pass in the sets we run.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          Raptors defense >>>>> Cavs defense..JV at the 5 vs Love at the 5 which is what you always say is the only position that should be held accountable

I'm glad to see your fight to ditch JV at all costs is still alive, you've been pretty quiet lately, even as he's a key member of a top 3 team, averaging 20 and 14 per 36 (Kevin Love is 23 and 12 per 36)

BUT HE WOULNDT BE ABLE TO DEFEND STEPH CURRY IN THAT ONE PLAY IN A GAME 7 THAT WE'LL HYPOTHETICALLY NEVER REACH

Good call. There's always a reason we can find now isn't there.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

LOL, if we only discussed legitimate points about the Raptors, imagine how many pages upon pages and threads upon threads we could have avoided. RR is much more a fun place to be when discussing all the non serious points.
                            There's been 3 different posters this morning I've read in different ways telling us how we should be posting or what to talk about.

I don't wanna talk jv for love, or fred van vleet most improved, or toronto being disrespected in the nba. But I will defend to death any of your guys' right to discuss whatever you damn well please.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              There's been 3 different posters this morning I've read in different ways telling us how we should be posting or what to talk about....But I will defend to death any of your guys' right to discuss whatever you damn well please.
                              You shouldn't say stuff like that. It's too political.
                              /sarc

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Raptors defense >>>>> Cavs defense..JV at the 5 vs Love at the 5 which is what you always say is the only position that should be held accountable

I'm glad to see your fight to ditch JV at all costs is still alive, you've been pretty quiet lately, even as he's a key member of a top 3 team, averaging 20 and 14 per 36 (Kevin Love is 23 and 12 per 36)

BUT HE WOULNDT BE ABLE TO DEFEND STEPH CURRY IN THAT ONE PLAY IN A GAME 7 THAT WE'LL HYPOTHETICALLY NEVER REACH

Good call. There's always a reason we can find now isn't there.
                                I think you worry too much about what I'm doing but, anyways.... JV is a role player. Kevin Love is is a 6 time All-star.

Not a real possibility now unless it's a 3 team trade. Definitely something to look at come the offseason. LBJ is forsure leaving its rebuild time in the Land.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X