Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to get waived/bought out? That's what I'm looking for.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      There's been 3 different posters this morning I've read in different ways telling us how we should be posting or what to talk about.

I don't wanna talk jv for love, or fred van vleet most improved, or toronto being disrespected in the nba. But I will defend to death any of your guys' right to discuss whatever you damn well please.
      Not sure what I said which inferred how or what anyone should post about. I did say that it's not a debate of whether adding Love would make us a better team, but I guess I should have added "imo" at the end. I sort of thought that was understood around here since all of us are just giving our opinions. Everyone here without exception has been right and wrong about the various opinions they've given so I certainly wouldn't say anything like it's a fact.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Not sure what I said which inferred how or what anyone should post about. I did say that it's not a debate of whether adding Love would make us a better team, but I guess I should have added "imo" at the end. I sort of thought that was understood around here since all of us are just giving our opinions. Everyone here without exception has been right and wrong about the various opinions they've given so I certainly wouldn't say anything like it's a fact.
        What? I was basically agreeing with you lol
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I wouldn't trade JV for Love straight up

Comment

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Wes Matthews is not worth a 1st. He's not that good a player.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Wes Matthews is not worth a 1st. He's not that good a player.

I don't know who's giving them a first either.. but he can shoot (shooting 39% at 6 3pt attempts) and I guess sort of defend. That's usually worth something in this league. Raptors can't afford him but I'm sure some team out there might take a stab.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  What? I was basically agreeing with you lol
                  my bad

Comment

The Mav's culture is what exactly? They haven't had an identity for what feels like the day they broke up their championship roster.

Comment

I don't know who's giving them a first either.. but he can shoot (shooting 39% at 6 3pt attempts) and I guess sort of defend. That's usually worth something in this league. Raptors can't afford him but I'm sure some team out there might take a stab.
                      He seems to be hobbled a lot, even though he doesn't miss a ton of games, and he's not big so he's not as versatile/effective a defender as one would hope.

He gets overvalued as a 3&D guy. He's not bad, just nothing special. And our backcourt is cluttered enough.

So yeah, let another team waste an asset on him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        He seems to be hobbled a lot, even though he doesn't miss a ton of games, and he's not big so he's not as versatile/effective a defender as one would hope.

He gets overvalued as a 3&D guy. He's not bad, just nothing special. And our backcourt is cluttered enough.

So yeah, let another team waste an asset on him.

There's also his contract. He makes almost $18 million this season. If he continues to be OK, he'll opt in at $18.6 next year. If he suddenly reverts to his pre-injury play, highly unlikely as it may be, he'll decline his option.

He's only worth a 1st to a team with a really shitty contract (like an Asik) they can dump on the Mavs along with the pick.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I'd like a veteran shooter, but I'm quite attached to our young players/assets...so waiver wire it is!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            I'd like a veteran shooter, but I'm quite attached to our young players/assets...so waiver wire it is!
                            I was dead-set against bringing back VC for sentimental reasons, but this year it actually makes basketball sense. Imagine Vince hitting the game-winning corner 3 buzzer beater in game 7 to knock out the Lebron and get the Raps to the Finals. That would pretty much fix everything wrong that happened in the past. VC ain't afraid of the moment... that's for sure.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              I was dead-set against bringing back VC for sentimental reasons, but this year it actually makes basketball sense. Imagine Vince hitting the game-winning corner 3 buzzer beater in game 7 to knock out the Lebron and get the Raps to the Finals.
                              The 3 will then be waved off because the clock started late.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                The 3 will then be waved off because the clock started late.
                                lol. Under normal circumstances, yes, that is exactly what would happen. That is the natural instinct. However, this is the bizarro year, where everything that is supposed to happen in the NBA does not. And we hold that key to the universe right here on this forum, with the power of....... the reverse jinx thread.

Last edited by golden; Thu Jan 25, 2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X