This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Honestly, nothing in sports should leave you with a "nasty feeling all Summer" at least not as far as wins and losses go. It's not real life ....

And i think this year was the only one where I felt we failed to meet expectations ( I didn't think we were really that good other years) and even at that, not something I'd label a "massive failure" but more a major disappointment.

I'll still sleep well, still enjoy friends, family, the cottage, a good steak and a cold IPA. Real life goes on ....
    Yes, yes, I didn't mean it ruined my summer in my personal life. It ruined my summer only in the context of a basketball fan

Life is good.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      That's the other part of the equation, for me. I'm no longer considering regular season accomplishments as the barometer for improvement.

59 wins, top 5 offense and defense, best home record, top-whatever point differential. All meant nothing in the end.
      We could get 82 wins, won’t matter when your best player crumbles at the sight of Lebron. Lowry and everyone else minus Ibaka actually played well.

Comment

Yes, yes, I didn't mean it ruined my summer in my personal life. It ruined my summer only in the context of a basketball fan

Life is good.
        Excellent. Good to hear.
        I hear fans all the time saying they're depressed, angry, even suicidal. Issuing threats against others, the team, personal comments.

I mean I'm disappointed in DeMar's results but knowing his depression issues, his Dad's health, his relationship breakdown etc, the first thought I had when he was ejected was "somebody better sit with him in the locker room" ..... and then have to read keyboard warriors talking smack to him, brutal persoanl comments mostly on the SportsNet site.

Real life can be tough, sports is only sports. as much as I want to WIN

Comment

Life is good.
          My life is a little treadmill-y right now. Debating a retool or rebuild. Or internal development.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I hear fans all the time saying they're depressed, angry, even suicidal. Issuing threats against others, the team, personal comments.
            #FirstWorldProblems

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              My life is a little treadmill-y right now. Debating a retool or rebuild. Or internal development.
              that's too relatable Keon. Relax a bit
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'd love some fans to give more realistic details when they're calling for a comlete rebuild "blow it up"

Trade Ibaka for what realistically? How much salary are you willijng to retain 7-10M? I hear people say "trade him for nothing" but you can't.
                Trade Lowry for what realistically? How much salary are you willing to retain 15M? What tremendously bad contract are you willing to take back, how many of our 2024 picks do you want to include?
                Trade DeMar for what realistically? Are you going to take 30M or close in salaries back?
                Is there realistically a taker for Norm or do you want to move arguably our 2nd best performer in JV?

Easy to parrot "tank" or blow it up" but it doesn't work that way. You won't finish below 7-8 other terrible teams and get a crappy draft pick for your troubles while alientating an entire generation of new fans.....these ARE the good old days

Comment

I'm stuck @ internal development stage since high school days. #weedtreadmill

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    That was definitely a big part of it. Indy played with a focus, intensity and sense of desperation for 48 minutes over 7 games. They played hard. Toronto, other than in game 1, did not. They pretty much threw in the towel.

If Casey is coming back, then, I'd like to see them shake up the locker room. Team is far too casual.
                    This is biggest reason why our playoff game 1 record is what it is.

Comment

• "The Pacers took more games off the Cavs in the first round than the Raptors have taken in three series combined."

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1541546

Comment

I'd love some fans to give more realistic details when they're calling for a comlete rebuild "blow it up"

Trade Ibaka for what realistically? How much salary are you willijng to retain 7-10M? I hear people say "trade him for nothing" but you can't.
                        Trade Lowry for what realistically? How much salary are you willing to retain 15M? What tremendously bad contract are you willing to take back, how many of our 2024 picks do you want to include?
                        Trade DeMar for what realistically? Are you going to take 30M or close in salaries back?
                        Is there realistically a taker for Norm or do you want to move arguably our 2nd best performer in JV?

Easy to parrot "tank" or blow it up" but it doesn't work that way. You won't finish below 7-8 other terrible teams and get a crappy draft pick for your troubles while alientating an entire generation of new fans.....these ARE the good old days
                        Yeah I'd like to retool but use DeMar as our best asset to get younger or hotter draft picks. Play the "Bargnani pick" game again but hope for a better landing spot than the 9th pick in a draft.

Comment

"The Pacers took more games off the Cavs in the first round than the Raptors have taken in three series combined."

Comment

"The Pacers took more games off the Cavs in the first round than the Raptors have taken in three series combined."

I'm changing teams go pacers

#WeTheCornfields
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm changing teams go pacers

#WeTheCornfields

Comment

• I'm buying a plot of land in flatland as we speak, who wants some good ol' corn moonshine?

Comment

Working...
                                X