This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I would say that JV is actually better than Gasol at this point in their careers. JV is hitting his peak years.. and Gasol is regressing. Gasol is still a great passer.. but JV is probably the better defender at this point.
    I'm pretty much with you and wmcj on this, JV is at his physical peak and Gasol is on his way down. I just think Gasol has great basketball IQ which fits really well into the Raptor offence and makes up for his physical slide on defence. Regular season I would take JV hands down, but in the playoffs when it matters I'll take Gasol's ability to see the floor better, and his understanding of where he needs to be on defence, reading offence/defence etc. And that's why I made the point that this year is about going for it all. Not just making it out of the East, but taking down GSW.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I actually don't have a problem bringing back Bebe on the cheap. I know his play vs Cleveland left a bad taste in our mouth but he was brought in cold after not being in the rotation.

Had the second best block % in the NBA last season, consistently solid DRPM, and his mobility and passing are a good contrast to JV.

Also he's younger than JV, and it's his 26th birthday today! Happy bday Lucas!
      I never liked his game. It wasn't a playoffs thing.

He is soft, and his D is fool's gold because he played mostly with the strong D of the bench mob and in garbage time. He is almost constantly roaming for blocks and any smart coach/player will figure him out after a couple of minutes...when he's on the court, he's likely leaving someone open or screwing rotations to chase a block. And he's easy to figure out on O too because he's a dumb offensive player. Good passer, but when you're passing up dunks and layups at his size to swing the ball, you're a liability. The D won't respect him.

Add in that he seems to get injured easily, and it isn't very appealing to bring him back. It should be at least a little telling that the big man market was weak this summer and he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jul 26, 2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        I actually don't have a problem bringing back Bebe on the cheap. I know his play vs Cleveland left a bad taste in our mouth but he was brought in cold after not being in the rotation.

Had the second best block % in the NBA last season, consistently solid DRPM, and his mobility and passing are a good contrast to JV.

Also he's younger than JV, and it's his 26th birthday today! Happy bday Lucas!
        I support it. Hes a completely different look than our other 3 bigs who aren't exactly known for rim protection and lobs. Hed be cheap and we know he's low maintenance. Doesn't need minutes every game to be a great teammate.

Plus it unlocks even more wacky flailing inflatable tube man lineup combos. Wright-og-kawhi-siakam-bebe is savage and ruthless
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• For that backup C position, you have to consider somebody who at least has a puncher's chance of defending Embiid, or slowing him down a bit. How did Bebe do against the Process?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            What about Ivica Zubac? Can't see the Lakers continueing to try and develop him now that they are "win now".
            Crickets. lol

I hope they hold onto him for now. He would be a decent toss in piece of this Kawhi thing bombs by the deadline.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Demar read it and said we could merge.
              And the thread was stickied at the top of Let's NBA in an effort to cut members time from five seconds to four seconds when flipping from one board to the next.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                For that backup C position, you have to consider somebody who at least has a puncher's chance of defending Embiid, or slowing him down a bit. How did Bebe do against the Process?
                Not a lot of starting C's did that well against Embiid, so you might be expecting too much from a back-up

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Crickets. lol

I hope they hold onto him for now. He would be a decent toss in piece of this Kawhi thing bombs by the deadline.
                  In past posts as well you seem to think this is s real possibility (flipping Kawhi at the deadline) but if you're doing that then it means a) you're basically sure hes going to the Lakers in which case they're gonna lowball the crap outta you as they can sign him in the offseason and/or b) you're completely bombing in the standings but theres too much talent on the team in a rather pathetic east. Most likely youd need both scenarios at once to being playing out.

Lakers will not give you the same asset return you gave up to get him. I don't see a scenario where Lakers "pieces" of which none are projected to be stars is more valuable than keeping Kawhi for a playoff run.

We gave up our franchise player and a ton of good will. Masai is not gonna rob the fans of a finals push now, regardless of what they think Kawhi may do in 2019

Comment

And the thread was stickied at the top of Let's NBA in an effort to cut members time from five seconds to four seconds when flipping from one board to the next.
                    And another thing! Nobody goes to let's nba. Stop trying to make let's nba a thing. We should just have like a everything western conference and everything eastern conference thread to discuss happenings. This is a small community we can find the room

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      In past posts as well you seem to think this is s real possibility (flipping Kawhi at the deadline) but if you're doing that then it means a) you're basically sure hes going to the Lakers in which case they're gonna lowball the crap outta you as they can sign him in the offseason and/or b) you're completely bombing in the standings but theres too much talent on the team in a rather pathetic east. Most likely youd need both scenarios at once to being playing out.

Lakers will not give you the same asset return you gave up to get him. I don't see a scenario where Lakers "pieces" of which none are projected to be stars is more valuable than keeping Kawhi for a playoff run.

We gave up our franchise player and a ton of good will. Masai is not gonna rob the fans of a finals push now, regardless of what they think Kawhi may do in 2019
                      Kawhi wants to go to LA. That's the narrative anyway. If that's true and we're at the deadline and we're certain of this then the last time I counted LA had two teams. Is Kawhi going to give up $50M to play with a different colored jersey on if he's in the place he's rumored to want to be? I don't think so. That means there is leverage to be applied to the Lakers & Clippers. Masai has something to work with.

Comment

And another thing! Nobody goes to let's nba. Stop trying to make let's nba a thing. We should just have like a everything western conference and everything eastern conference thread to discuss happenings. This is a small community we can find the room
                        Damn Keon, just schedule your ESPN one-on-one sit down and get it over with. Look, if we could we would trade you to a Spurs forum but we can't get the pieces back to make it work.

Comment

Kawhi wants to go to LA. That's the narrative anyway. If that's true and we're at the deadline and we're certain of this then the last time I counted LA had two teams. Is Kawhi going to give up $50M to play with a different colored jersey on if he's in the place he's rumored to want to be? I don't think so. That means there is leverage to be applied to the Lakers & Clippers. Masai has something to work with.
                          But we're not worried about LA and assets we're worried about the Toronto Raptors upcoming season. Masai is not gonna blow a very good chance at the first finals appearance in franchise history for Brandon Ingram and Kyle kuzma. Trade 2 bona fides stars in 8 months to start a rebuild when you're likely a top 4 east team? Can't see it

Comment

But we're not worried about LA and assets we're worried about the Toronto Raptors upcoming season. Masai is not gonna blow a very good chance at the first finals appearance in franchise history for Brandon Ingram and Kyle kuzma. Trade 2 bona fides stars in 8 months to start a rebuild when you're likely a top 4 east team? Can't see it
                            Ingram & Kuz would be a pretty good haul if they know Leonard is one & done for sure. If everyone knows he's out it will prevent the team from maxing out its potential. They won't overcome the Celtics like that.

Comment

Ingram & Kuz would be a pretty good haul if they know Leonard is one & done for sure. If everyone knows he's out it will prevent the team from maxing out its potential. They won't overcome the Celtics like that.
                              I also dont see a scenario where everyone knows hes out. The 95% most likely thing is "I'll worry about that after the season". We also suspect the playoff stretch is a going to be one of the bigger factors in hoping to keep him

Comment

Keon, this place will surely devolve into pure anarchy if we allow an active thread to stay in the only active sub-forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X