Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... should we go ahead and make an "Everything Jimmy Butler" thread, or nah?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      ... should we go ahead and make an "Everything Jimmy Butler" thread, or nah?
      Don't jinx it Joey!

Will we never learn about the mystical jinxing powers of RR?!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Don't jinx it Joey!

Will we never learn about the mystical jinxing powers of RR?!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Gotta love RR. Our shiny new toy hasnt even played a game but we're bored of that and want a new shiny new toy

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Masai has proven he's willing to do it, but his chips aren't as strong as they once used to be. Will be interesting to see how things unfold.
            You raise a good point and one that makes me think a couple things.

a) if we hadn't gotten Kawhi (which most of us NEVER could've imagined happening) I'd bet strong money that Masai would've completed a package for Butler sending out Derozan. We were in a position where shit very arguably needed to change. More than any other team I'd say, despite all our regular season success, the time was ripe for a homerun swing. So yeah, if it weren't for Kawhi, I think one could say Butler very possibly becomes a Rap. What team beats a package for Derozan+ for Jimmy?? ... Nobody. Sure as hell not if they didn't beat it for Leonard. Between Kawhi and Jimmy, I know we can say unanimously -- we got the guy we'd prefer 100 times out of 100. GIMME THE KLAW

b) not all of them, but some of the reasons our first package worked still apply. We're more ready to take a risk in the here and now than most because our time is here and now. No more all star to send out. (I don't see us sending Kyle. ya never know.) But there are a lot of good pieces we could put together that might be more than other squads are willing to offer. Ya never know. Nobody's saying it's happening. Fun to speculate though and part of me also hopes that the more we talk about it the more that it reverberates beyond us and has a small chance of coming true. If it happened, we could conceivably compete with anybody. If not, this squad is still incredible and should stand to be the greatest we've ever had by miles.

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Gotta love RR. Our shiny new toy hasnt even played a game but we're bored of that and want a new shiny new toy
            Nobody here is anywhere near being bored with the miracle that is Masai having brought this 59-win team a true superstar, in Kawhi motha-effin Leonard. (Praise be unto Masai.) ... We're just still reaching for more and believing that our organization's leader ain't ever gonna rest and say "well, I think I've done enough" until he and everyone on our squad has a ring. I'm sure Kawhi would already agree with that line of thinking. Fuck GSW.

Comment

• If you build it, they will come..

Comment

• Comment

• Heard Shams Charania (who is based in Chicago and has followed Butler for a while) on Sirius NBA radio today.

The host asked him about potential landing spots for Butler (if he was to leave the Timberwolves, which is not a given), specifically asking about the Heat. Shams said he never had thought them (the Heat) as a landing spot for him before, but cited 6 teams: Raps (the first one he mentioned), 76ers, the 2 teams in LA and the two in NY.

In his opinion, the offers will come from teams in a position to take bigger risks (that already demonstrated "aggressive" pursuit of pieces in the offseason), and that there will be only about 4 to 5 teams involved.

He's obviously just speculating like everyone else, but he's a guy that has interviewed Butler directly in the past, and has been following the situation in Minnesota closely for a while (basically since JB got there from Chicago last year).

What I personally think Masai does on this one is hang in the weeds until near the deadline, see how the Wolves's season is going, then quietly puts a reasonable package (that doesn't include OG or Siakam), but it's not too weak either. Then he waits. If someone else throws in a CJ McCullom or a Steven Adams or a Saric/Covington, then yeah we're out. But if the market is static and everyone is just half staying put...

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    Heard Shams Charania (who is based in Chicago and has followed Butler for a while) on Sirius NBA radio today.

The host asked him about potential landing spots for Butler (if he was to leave the Timberwolves, which is not a given), specifically asking about the Heat. Shams said he never had thought them (the Heat) as a landing spot for him before, but cited 6 teams: Raps (the first one he mentioned), 76ers, the 2 teams in LA and the two in NY.

In his opinion, the offers will come from teams in a position to take bigger risks (that already demonstrated "aggressive" pursuit of pieces in the offseason), and that there will be only about 4 to 5 teams involved.

He's obviously just speculating like everyone else, but he's a guy that has interviewed Butler directly in the past, and has been following the situation in Minnesota closely for a while (basically since JB got there from Chicago last year).

What I personally think Masai does on this one is hang in the weeds until near the deadline, see how the Wolves's season is going, then quietly puts a reasonable package (that doesn't include OG or Siakam), but it's not too weak either. Then he waits. If someone else throws in a CJ McCullom or a Steven Adams or a Saric/Covington, then yeah we're out. But if the market is static and everyone is just half staying put...
                    76ers are intriguing. They could potentially put in a pretty good offer w/o offering Simmons and Embiid and they'd be pretty damn good with Butler on that team. A trio of Embiid, Simmons and Butler is a Finals lock imo.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      76ers are intriguing. They could potentially put in a pretty good offer w/o offering Simmons and Embiid and they'd be pretty damn good with Butler on that team. A trio of Embiid, Simmons and Butler is a Finals lock imo.
                      Disagree they'd be a "finals lock". They would still lack shooting (especially given what they would have to give away to get JB), and Embiid still has to prove he has the durability to play a full regular season plus the rigours of a deep playoff run. Agreed they can make a good pitch for JB though, and would become a quite dangerous team if they don't lose too much in order to get him.

Comment

They're not a finals lock, but yeah people are completely underestimating what Philly can offer here. All they have to do is put in Covington and a 1st round pick and we can't compete with that without getting OG or Siakam involved.

Really not sure how people think we're gonna get Butler for basically Delon Wright and a future 1st.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          They're not a finals lock, but yeah people are completely underestimating what Philly can offer here. All they have to do is put in Covington and a 1st round pick and we can't compete with that without getting OG or Siakam involved.

Really not sure how people think we're gonna get Butler for basically Delon Wright and a future 1st.
                          And I'd be more than fine giving away one of them (assuming Butler isn't just a rental). Raptors fans overrate Siakam/OG wayyyy too much.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

And I'd be more than fine giving away one of them (assuming Butler isn't just a rental). Raptors fans overrate Siakam/OG wayyyy too much.
                            I don't have a problem with trading one of them either, especially because I think getting Butler would really increase our chances of re-signing Kawhi and also being able to actually win the title this year.

My point was that the offers people have been talking about the last few posts/pages are a joke and would not be enough to get him.

Comment

• The thing about Philly is if Minnesota wants to get something done ASAP, are they willing to take the risk in the offseason?

They may want to wait and see if Embiid can stay healthy for the early part of the season. If they make the trade now and Embiid gets hurt, then they've lost assets, can't contend without Embiid, and Butler most likely walks not wanting to waste the tail end of his prime gambling on Embiid's health. Philly is also not hugely asset rich, so a bad move and they could be in a bad spot in terms of trying to be competitive.

They definitely could put together a decent package, but circumstances may just not work out for them.

Toronto could just benefit once again from few trade partners being out there, and Minny likely looking to stay competitive. Make a decent but unspectular offer around Ibaka, who Thibs probably likes. Even with Powell's struggles last year, I can also see Thibs being high on him. Circumstances and Thibs' possibly odd preferences could tilt the scales in our favor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jimmy is a funny guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X