This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    But what's a "good" price? It's pretty subjective. For me it's a top 5 draft pick; or a top 10 pick with a young player.

Basically what Butler got.
    Thibs was involved and Thibs loves his Bulls guys I don't think it's a fair measuring stick.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Thibs was involved and Thibs loves his Bulls guys I don't think it's a fair measuring stick.
      Its actually is.

Bulls were not a 50+ win team and Butler was not happy there and probably requested/pushed for a trade to play for Thibs. Therefore Minni knew they could get away from offering a bit less then what the Bulls wanted.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        But what's a "good" price? It's pretty subjective. For me it's a top 5 draft pick; or a top 10 pick with a young player.

Basically what Butler got.
        That's what i said. A good young player like Wiggins + a 1st rd pick.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I’ll take Ingram before Wiggins

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Its actually is.

Bulls were not a 50+ win team and Butler was not happy there and probably requested/pushed for a trade to play for Thibs. Therefore Minni knew they could get away from offering a bit less then what the Bulls wanted.
            It all depends on how a team looks at Derozan. If they look at his playoff performances and see it as a red flag there's nothing Masai can do

Comment

• Also, why not offer Lowry to Philly this year for their 1st round pick? Philly i believe owns the Lakers 1st this year.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• We’ve seen what a defensively inept player with no 3 point shot leads to

While I agree that Wiggins is far from a finished product and has a ton of room to grow, I’d rather teach a player to make plays than to teach a player to shoot

Comment

It all depends on how a team looks at Derozan. If they look at his playoff performances and see it as a red flag there's nothing Masai can do
                  He is still a 23 ppg scorer who led a team to #1 seed and 59 wins. Yes he stinks it up in the Playoffs, but he’ll still have good value.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    He is still a 23 ppg scorer who led a team to #1 seed and 59 wins. Yes he stinks it up in the Playoffs, but he’ll still have good value.
                    oh I agree. I'm just not sure about Top 5-Top 10 pick

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Also, why not offer Lowry to Philly this year for their 1st round pick? Philly i believe owns the Lakers 1st this year.
                      Would have to be in the summer. Can't imagine Philly will bail on the cap space they have to offer LeBron until he decides not to go there.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• With that being said, I don’t think this past season was a good indicator of Wiggins.

He shot way less shots at the rim and way more from 3 due to being relegated to the third option on his team.

Comment

oh I agree. I'm just not sure about Top 5-Top 10 pick
                          Yeah, if they can get a top 5 pick, that's a no-brainer.

More likely it will be something like the Wiggins deal - a high potential guy with flaws, with a lower pick or two attached (two in Wiggins' case, IMO, because of the long big money deal he is on).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Asking price for DD: a 2nd or 3rd year high ceiling prospect and we flip picks. (Raptors 2019 pick lottery proected for the other team 2018 pick 6-16 not protected) .

Comment

• I posted this somewhere (can't remember where).. but if you look at recent all-stars being traded.. it's generally a young player and a pick (or prospect).

George was traded for Dipo and Sabonis

Butler + 16 were traded for Dunn, Lavine + #7

Irving was traded for Crowder, IT + a pick (probably #8)

Cousins was traded for Evans, Hield, Galloway + a pick (#10)

DeMar should get something similar. Of course no situation is really the same.

Unlike George, DeMar has 2 more years on his deal (maybe 3 as last year is a PO). Unlike Irving he's not asking for a trade so Masai is not under the gun. Butler was traded to his previous GM. Cousins got a fairly trash return (although I would take a similar package for DeMar).

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Also, why not offer Lowry to Philly this year for their 1st round pick? Philly i believe owns the Lakers 1st this year.
                                I imagine Philly holds out hope for LeBron or Kawhi and doesn't want to take on cap space or trade picks before they know they are out of the running for those two. Lowry makes a lot of sense with that core too, maybe they would want to part with Fultz; seems like they just didn't want to deal with whatever was his issue as the year dragged on. Would be slightly odd for them to go for a 33 year old on a massive contract though.

Comment

Working...
                                X