Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      So, is Kobe in the GOAT discussion with MJ & Lebron?
      You're overreacting just like Grange. Did Kobe say Kobe = MJ? he just said #enjoymy5

That's literally it lol.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        You're overreacting just like Grange. Did Kobe say Kobe = MJ? he just said #enjoymy5

That's literally it lol.
        But he was jumping in because of all the MJ vs LeBron talk now. That's the reason the tweet was made. Ain't nobody saying is it MJ or LeBron or kobe lol. Kobes ego is what brought the #Enjoymy5 part of the tweet.

That said, grange has been hard of kobe for years and his tweet was super petty, I'd expect it from a blogger or fan not a guy who's on tv for Rogers
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          "Smell my finger" is a game usually played the next morning at school ....

Comment

So, is Kobe in the GOAT discussion with MJ & Lebron?
            There's only two in the argument but a few more in the discussion imo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              And one isn't kobe. I'll hear arguments for guys like wilt, Bill Russell, Oscar, magic. These guys did very incredible things in different eras and completely different positions to Jordan and lbj. It's apples to oranges and how does one end an argument against a 70 year old where Wilt or Oscar are the greatest? You can't.

Kobe is a wing player not much unlike Jordan or James, he played with James and slight overlap with Jordan so all similar eras. The numbers don't lie, we're comparing Apple's to apples and he's in the next tier, more like a kevin Durant

Comment

Kobe in the GOAT discussion is like Derozan in the annual league MVP discussion. You might get a little shout-out and a pat on the back once in while, but go back to your kiddie table and be quiet, son.

Comment

Kobe in the GOAT discussion is like Derozan in the annual league MVP discussion. You might get a little shout-out and a pat on the back once in while, but go back to your kiddie table and be quiet, son.
                  Which, Hey, I'd you're in the shout out/pat on the back section of GOATs...you're an amazingly superbly unfathomably talented and hard working human being. Not even sure how it got to the point where being at the "kids table" of the greatest of all time was considered a slight. Being top 10 to 15 amongst the hundreds millions of people who have played is fucking incredible

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Which, Hey, I'd you're in the shout out/pat on the back section of GOATs...you're an amazingly superbly unfathomably talented and hard working human being. Not even sure how it got to the point where being at the "kids table" of the greatest of all time was considered a slight. Being top 10 to 15 amongst the hundreds millions of people who have played is fucking incredible
                    Imagine being Top 15 in your profession. I bet Grange is not even in Top 500 reporters of all time.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      And one isn't kobe. I'll hear arguments for guys like wilt, Bill Russell, Oscar, magic. These guys did very incredible things in different eras and completely different positions to Jordan and lbj. It's apples to oranges and how does one end an argument against a 70 year old where Wilt or Oscar are the greatest? You can't.

Kobe is a wing player not much unlike Jordan or James, he played with James and slight overlap with Jordan so all similar eras. The numbers don't lie, we're comparing Apple's to apples and he's in the next tier, more like a kevin Durant
                      Durant has way better numbers - especially advanced stats. Kobe's numbers are actually somewhere between Melo and Westbrook. Even Harden has way better advanced metrics. Kobe is the least efficient superstar of all time. He would get badly exposed in this era of analytics. Can't even believe how he just forced himself into the GOAT discussion between Lebron & MJ to take some shine away from Lebron.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Imagine being Top 15 in your profession. I bet Grange is not even in Top 500 reporters of all time.
                        These guys, like Kobe, are wired differently. They pathologically lie to themselves that they are indeed THE best in the world, that's ever been. I guess you need that mindset to even get to top 20.

BTW - you 2 dudes are in my Top 15 posters on this site. lol. McHappy is still GOAT.

Comment

Durant has way better numbers - especially advanced stats. Kobe's numbers are actually somewhere between Melo and Westbrook. Even Harden has way better advanced metrics. Kobe is the least efficient superstar of all time. He would get badly exposed in this era of analytics. Can't even believe how he just forced himself into the GOAT discussion between Lebron & MJ to take some shine away from Lebron.
                          Kobes tough to judge the new guys In the sense of how the game has changed so drastically. His best skill in the 00s made him a dinosaur in the next decade. It's the same as how Iverson used to take 27 shots and make 39%, but was forsure a superstar without a doubt.

That's why I put kobe more with Durant and not melo. He was clearly one of the best players of his generation and one of the best wings. He won 2 championships as the clear best player. (And 5 total)

That is where the top 15 comes from, not comparing his advanced stats to the players and game of 2018

Comment

Kareem and Wilt should be in the discussion imo.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Houston is cashing out

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Houston is cashing out

yeah but thats lower bowl....

I really do hope that CP3 makes it.

Comment

Working...
                                X