Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Magic was in way over his head, he knew it and bailed.

    Comment


    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

      Are you saying that despite reams of evidence to the contrary that if Magic Johnson self identify's as an overtly successful NBA GM then it is so because he thinks he is ?

      He would have had a chance to back the ship back off the rocks he steered them on but have to think it was the thinnest of possibilities.
      Players and their agents aren't thick. If it burns and it smells its a dumpster fire. And thats what the Lakers are right now.
      Its going to take an awful lot fabreeze to take out the smell from the Magic Johsnon NBA exec era.
      Did I forget to mention the two tampering fines.
      In way over his head.
      I'm not sure what you're asking in the first paragraph but what I'm saying is just because you have a conclusion doesn't mean the person living the life has the same conclusion. In fact it would be unlikely seeing how he wouldn't be able to look at his own decisions objectively. Its easy for you to conclude these things and cast judgement because you're not in his shoes living it daily. You don't have an emotional investment, so yeah, I stick by what I said because its backed up by human nature.

      I also think you're exaggerating when you say they're on "the rocks", pretty dramatic there. Bron and Ball got hurt and they fell from 4th out of the playoffs. He rolled the dice on getting AD and it blew up in his face but Pelinka is the GM, he's in bed with the guy, its not just Magic and when you gamble sometimes you lose. Pelinka was there first and Magic wasn't allowed to fire him when he came on. This off season the team has all it needs to rebound: LeBron, cap space, prospects, top five lotto pick. Magic didn't walk away because he was scared, I don't buy it and it doesn't tie to the rumors which Magic himself confirmed today. So unless you think Magic is a dirty liar there's nothing more to cover.

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post

        I'm not sure what you're asking in the first paragraph but what I'm saying is just because you have a conclusion doesn't mean the person living the life has the same conclusion. In fact it would be unlikely seeing how he wouldn't be able to look at his own decisions objectively. Its easy for you to conclude these things and cast judgement because you're not in his shoes living it daily. You don't have an emotional investment, so yeah, I stick by what I said because its backed up by human nature.

        I also think you're exaggerating when you say they're on "the rocks", pretty dramatic there. Bron and Ball got hurt and they fell from 4th out of the playoffs. He rolled the dice on getting AD and it blew up in his face but Pelinka is the GM, he's in bed with the guy, its not just Magic and when you gamble sometimes you lose. Pelinka was there first and Magic wasn't allowed to fire him when he came on. This off season the team has all it needs to rebound: LeBron, cap space, prospects, top five lotto pick. Magic didn't walk away because he was scared, I don't buy it and it doesn't tie to the rumors which Magic himself confirmed today. So unless you think Magic is a dirty liar there's nothing more to cover.
        Ah.. but there is always more in sports discussion. ANd yeah its a sports board where you can pretty much say what you think based on ones interpretation of the events at hand without getting to personal.

        I think that Magic is cockup from the get go as a front office type... you don't share that view... OK thats it.

        Do I think Magic is a dirty liar ?
        No.

        But....

        The sports world is not all black and white.. theres lots n lots n lots of grey in it.
        Do I think Magic paints the grey areas like Picasso ? The world and truth according to Magic ?
        Yes. Unequivocally YES
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 20th, 2019, 05:32 PM.

        Comment


        • I don't think he did a great job but then again he wasn't done when he left. He moved some of those guys (who look good) for various reasons. One important reason was to get LeBron, which he did and the other was to have flexibility to give LeBron one or two elite talents to tether to him. That move was to come this off-season. Because of this I give him an incomplete grade. Some are taking his moves on a move by move basis and judging him on that, which is disregarding what he was angling for this summer. If you feel he did a poor job then that's easy to prove to yourself but is that the complete truth? I don't think so but maybe he doesn't deserve better because he quit before he was done.

          Comment


          • Lillard tried the Kawhi shot

            Comment


            • Comment


              • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Lillard tried the Kawhi shot
                Well short instead of the 4 bouncer special ....
                Last edited by G__Deane; Tue May 21st, 2019, 09:46 AM.

                Comment


                • Blazers are basically the Lowry/DeRozan led Raptors of the west.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post

                    Blazers are basically the Lowry/DeRozan led Raptors of the west.

                    Comment


                    • Lillard needs help. On his own, no, he certainly can't do it. But how many can?

                      Don't forget they just lost Nurkic before the playoffs and still advanced as far as they have in a generation, including the hallmark moment knocking out the Thunder. Lillard is not wall. Portland will lock him up.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                        Lillard needs help. On his own, no, he certainly can't do it. But how many can?

                        Don't forget they just lost Nurkic before the playoffs and still advanced as far as they have in a generation, including the hallmark moment knocking out the Thunder. Lillard is not wall. Portland will lock him up.

                        Comment


                        • It's a system wide problem. No player, and I mean no player, is worth $40 million per year with the impact it has on the ability to truly compete. For me, the same goes for $30M except for exceptional generational players.

                          I get that the NBA is rolling is dough, but we're talking 30-40M $$$ to throw a round ball through a round hoop....

                          If Lowry was making 20M instead of 30 and you trim a little fat in a few more places, you're talking about the ability to pay another prime time A list scorer.....or Serge+ ......or 15 Pascal Siakam's lol

                          Comment


                          • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                            It's a system wide problem. No player, and I mean no player, is worth $40 million per year with the impact it has on the ability to truly compete. For me, the same goes for $30M except for exceptional generational players.

                            I get that the NBA is rolling is dough, but we're talking 30-40M $$$ to throw a round ball through a round hoop....

                            If Lowry was making 20M instead of 30 and you trim a little fat in a few more places, you're talking about the ability to pay another prime time A list scorer.....or Serge+ ......or 15 Pascal Siakam's lol
                            What are you arguing? That all players deserve less money? Or role players deserve more and stars deserve less? Cause both are wrong
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • golden wrote: View Post

                              Blazers are basically the Lowry/DeRozan led Raptors of the west.
                              Meh. There is no shame in losing to GSW. One team has won a playoff series against them in the last 5 years and that took arguably the greatest comeback performance by arguably the greatest player of all time. After that, GSW added another top-5 player (KD) to an already great team that had arguably the second greatest player of his generation (Curry).

                              Blazers had a great run. Losing Nurkic really hurt them but it was more just that the Warriors are unbeatable when Curry takes over. No one is beating the Warriors if they are playing like this. Oddly, Portland might have been their biggest threat....

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                                What are you arguing? That all players deserve less money? Or role players deserve more and stars deserve less? Cause both are wrong
                                Not too sure where you got either one of those as the main thoughts out of what I said.
                                But if you want a synopsis; no player deserves $40M per season.
                                As some sort of Super Max.....sounds like a term made up by an agent. Currently the top salary in the league is Curry at about 34 I believe and he might be the only one worth it with regards to how it plays into team structures. Durant, Giannis, lebron.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X