Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't know about that but the Raptors symbolize the destruction of a pretty fantastic era. I dislike the Warriors but have much respect for what they did and I hope KD & Klay get back to 100%. You have to think that if they resign both then next year is a wash for them. Its a good time to retool if it goes down like that.
    It's all karma man. It was meant to be. Warriors got a little too smug and cocky. They thought they had out-smarted the NBA and could just jog their way to immortality - but karma had other plans. Karma makes you earn it. Lord knows that the Raptors earned it the hard way. The team and fans have the battle scars to prove it.

Comment

• There's also a bit of... what were the Warriors doing running their injured guys out there? Hard to believe that with all of Klay, KD and Looney coming back quickly from injuries, that it didn't play a role in them re-aggravating those injuries or in the case of KD and Klay ending up with far worse injuries in the same legs that the original injury was.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't know if Klay's quad injury was related to his ACL (knee). It could be, but I think he just had some pretty bad luck in the finals from a health point of view. With respect to KD though.. yeah he came back to early IMO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I don't know if Klay's quad injury was related to his ACL (knee). It could be, but I think he just had some pretty bad luck in the finals from a health point of view. With respect to KD though.. yeah he came back to early IMO.
          It's more in the sense that the chances go up of landing wrong if you are operating with limited motion/reaction because of the prior injury. People often hurt their backs because they are favouring a sprained ankle, or vice versa. Those awkward landings are just that much more likely to happen when you are already hobbled. KD is a more obvious case, I agree.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I have some mad respect for Klay Thompson though. I always thought he was over rated.. but man am I wrong about him. Hope he recovers.. but the West is going to be wide open next year. Would be cool to see a team like Denver, Utah or Portland get to the finals.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              There's also a bit of... what were the Warriors doing running their injured guys out there? Hard to believe that with all of Klay, KD and Looney coming back quickly from injuries, that it didn't play a role in them re-aggravating those injuries or in the case of KD and Klay ending up with far worse injuries in the same legs that the original injury was.
              I don't know, they wanted that ring. The players wanted it. A 3-peat would have put them with the all-time great teams. That's forever. Not saying it was wise but I understand it.

Comment

• Well its a wrap on the season... They won.. We won. Nothing that is written or said can take away from that.... they won..
                They did it with 3 road wins against the best team over the lat 5 years. . Thats pretty damn impressive.

The Toronto Raptors are NBA champs...

How good does that sound....and we get to hear it for a year....

So where to from here

We watch Philly.. they have talent and they are not overhyped...
                We watch the Bucks.. they have the Alphabet and they now have experience and they have a core of players who are pretty damn good.
                We watch the Nets.. who have solid management and a team that is adding players with a plan in mind to get to their goal...
                We watch Orlando.. who will emerge as a team that is going to present problems. ..Vuc.. Gordon... Ross... .. they are PG away from being legit....and they have the assets to get one.
                We watch the Pacers.. who get back Olidipo and have the capacity to get better...

We can laugh at the Chowders... like fuck them.. they had more money and assets than you could shake a stick at and they fucked it up...They have aging C in Horford who can walk if he wants..... they had a narcissist PG who cuts and runs at the first sign of adversity and will play elsewhere year... they have a seriously overhyped 3rd year guy in Tatum who most GMs in a pick up game would pass over for Siakam. To me.. they are fucked... look for Ainge to get fired at the close of next season. .Danny spent the equivalent of a billion dollar inheritance and has nothing to show for it but his dick in his hand....

We can laugh at the Knicks.. .who are the case study of how to stick your dick in a woodchipper year after year after year after year after year after year ......

We can sympathize with the Hornets who have to sign Walker who will be like a lead weight on that franchise if they actually do it...

We can watch with interest as the Hawks build a team with more draft picks than the Celtics every had and have a plan in mind...

We don`t worry about the Heat for another year.. then they unload both Dragic and Whiteside... which gives them cap room to add to a supporting cast.

We can bring popcorn .. get a good seat and watch the LA Lakers cut off their nose to spite their face for Lebron James .. who has earnestly checked out of being an all in ball player and has focused his energy on his production business.

We can watch David Griffin build a contender in Nawlins and be the rival or the next big thing out west.. Its them and the Nuggets.

Morey looks porked in Houston but never count this guy out.... he just might swindle a deal for an over and out Chris Paul to LA for a prospect and pick and some cap space....

Watch for OKC to find a couple of shooters and for Russell to begin to understand he has to let others play... If Westbrook does that and Presti finds a 3 ball guy OKC could be a big factor in a declining western conference.

and to reiterate....we can laugh at the celtics.. like fuck boston.. .they suck.

The rest are too irrelevant to waste keystrokes on today.. as the Raps plan the parade....
                yeah baby.. we are the champs... show some swag.....
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jun 14, 2019, 02:16 PM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• So if this season ends up being cancelled, does the spurs playoff streak stay in tact? I really don't think they would make it this year, would of taken a hell of a run.

Comment

Working...
                  X