Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #1: Cleveland Cavaliers 104 - Toronto Raptors 116 (1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just came here to say, Serge closing games over JV whether it's a small ball 5 or not needs to never happen again. It worked against a shit team like Cleveland but put him in over JV against Horford because Horford's a small ball C and trust we lose to Boston. The team just runs A LOT better with JV at the 5 offensively and defensively. Serge should truly only be playing against bench C's.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Ibaka is a liability right now. What does he do better than JV exactly?

He kills our rhythm almost singlehandedly. Fouls a lot. Makes our spacing worse. Bad at fighting for rebounds (lots of fouls coming there). And actually pretty bad on D. For every block he gets he loses a rebound or fouls to give the points back, and he is frequently in no man's land not really guarding or boxing out anyone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Exactly.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        Can't have the inconsistent play on Friday and expect to win. Little concerned with how many minutes Leonard played.
        Yea. Really heavy minutes for Leonard and I didn't check but I think for Lowry too. Hope that Nurse watches this and rests the guys a bit more. Maybe a first-night coaching oversight. I hope.

But yea. Really we got to save some for the good teams, e.g. Boston and a back-to-back coming up.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
            Suck it skip
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Pregame

Comment

Screw Skippy

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  Pregame
                  Were the third or 4th best team in the east without Leonard imo

Comment

Fuck Skip Bayless, now more than ever.

Comment

• Anthony Davis has 32-18-8 and pelicans are on the road killing Houston. If he stayedhealthy he could become the best player in the league when lebron declines

Comment

• Raps got out rebounded (with Ibaka getting 9 more minutes on the floor than JV) and beaten in both FT and FT% .... that shouldn't happen. Take the W and get ready for the Celtics

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                          Pregame
                          delete yourself

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            please never play ibaka again
                            So far not too impressed with Nurse coaching. Obviously just 1 game, but there were things I didn't like.

Obviously I don't like Ibaka getting as much burn as he did. He provided no positives over JV tonight. The team ran better on both ends with JV in the game, and we had control of the pace for most of those minutes.

But worse, Nurse was reactive, choosing his rotation based on what the other team did. Can anyone think of a championship team ever utilizing that strategy? I can't. You find a way to use your best players and develop your identity around that.

Finally, the thing I really don't like about Ibaka at C is it puts a lot of pressure on our ballhandlers to create a lot for themselves. He doesn't set great screens, and teams will give him space to cheat and clog the lane. He can shoot, but he's not consistent and teams would probably rather gamble on him having a bad night than giving space to our ballhandlers. You would think a supposedly innovative, smart coach would see this quickly and make some kind of adjustment, but he was left with few options other than to extend the minutes of his stars so that Leonard and Lowry were needed far too much in this game. If you have all this depth and you still have to play your top 2 guys 35+ minutes to beat a much worse team when you had a 20pt lead in the 3rd, you're doing something wrong.

Anyway, I will give Nurse a couple of months and see how things evolve, but I think tonight there was a bit too much I didn't like.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Oct 17, 2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                              The best Raptors team EVER. Fight me.

#InMasaiWeTrust
                              Fight on your side!

Comment

• Don't give Skip Bayless attention. That's all he wants. Listen to Paul Anka

Comment

Working...
                                X