Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #14 Toronto Raptors 110 (12-2) - New Orleans Pelicans 126 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    What's the solution for Thon Maker? He always kills us for some reason. He's a scrub against everyone else in the NBA though.
    That's true. He's only a ~33% career (and in this season the same) 3pt shooter, but for some reason he lights up against us. I think that has to do with the high tendency of our defence to bring on help defenders. That's a good trait to have, but if you overdo it, you risk leaving guys like him too open, and they kill you. Historically, we've had trouble resisting that temptation ( and always double/help), and against certain teams you just gotta stay home on shooters no matter what.

Sounds funny but yeah, I think Boucher would be a good guy to put on Thon Maker. He's skinny but Maker is not that bulky either for a centre. Maker typically does a lot more damage to us outside then backing people into the post. Plus on offence, Boucher would pull him out of the paint to the perimeter too (as Boucher is a threat from 3), which would take the rim protector away and open the lanes for FVV/Wright to drive.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Box out stats - B. Lopez #6 in the NBA. He's still a C on D.
    Oh no doubt, his individual rebound numbers are low, but on their defensive end he still goes back to the paint to box out for his teammates. He's still very good at that. That's our offensive rebounding though, so putting Siakam on him (one of our better offensive rebounders) will help balance that. On the other end of the floor though (our defensive glass), he's mostly camping out the perimeter waiting for a kickout from Giannis, so he's offensive rebounding/boxing out are less of a factor on that end this year.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    What's the solution for Thon Maker? He always kills us for some reason. He's a scrub against everyone else in the NBA though.
    Wait for Chris Boucher to gain 20 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Yeah but that's more the case when he plays real center. He's pretty much a perimeter player now under Budenholzer. I think the best player to guard Lopez on this Bucks team is Siakam.

Sounds counterintuitive but I would put Ibaka on Giannis. Let Ibaka sag off him and wait for him in the paint, while Leonard/Green/Siakam stay home on the shooters outside, locking down Middleton/Lopez/Brogdon on the perimeter. Giannis would probably own Ibaka in the paint and would score a lot himself, but if we try to limit Brogdon/Middleton/Lopez to less than 10 each but taking away their 3's, they're very beatable.
    Box out stats - B. Lopez #6 in the NBA. He's still a C on D.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    what's the solution for thon maker? He always kills us for some reason. He's a scrub against everyone else in the nba though.
    dnp-cd

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Yeah but that's more the case when he plays real center. He's pretty much a perimeter player now under Budenholzer. I think the best player to guard Lopez on this Bucks team is Siakam.

Sounds counterintuitive but I would put Ibaka on Giannis. Let Ibaka sag off him and wait for him in the paint, while Leonard/Green/Siakam stay home on the shooters outside, locking down Middleton/Lopez/Brogdon on the perimeter. Giannis would probably own Ibaka in the paint and would score a lot himself, but if we try to limit Brogdon/Middleton/Lopez to less than 10 each but taking away their 3's, they're very beatable.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Actually Lopez, like his brother, is one of the masters of the box out. That's why his teams rebound better, and sometimes massively better, with him on the court than off.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Heres kawhis weakness on his draft report(comparisons were mbah a moute and gerald wallace)
    Weaknesses: Does not have one aspect offensively that stands out or which allows him to consistently score the ball … With his size and frame, will almost certainly be a perimeter player at the next level, but he lacks the polish and skill necessary to consistently operate on the wing … He does not have break down ability off the dribble and he is especially shaky handling the ball with his left hand … His jumpshot (while definitely improved) is still very inconsistent … The release comes high off his head and it is somewhat of a sling motion, which results in a fairly flat shot that goes all over the place … At this level, he has a size advantage on almost a nightly basis, but he still chooses to take the majority of his shots from the outside … Takes a high number of off balance shots, but does not show the ability to convert them at a good percentage … He does not have a great touch around the basket, and unless he can get inside position on the defense, he struggles finishing when contested … Not very disciplined defensively, he gambles far too often and leaves his team susceptible to giving up easy baskets …
    The top ranked wing on our Big Board, Kawhi Leonard's stock is based primarily on his physical attributes, defensive abilities, and upside, so it's not a huge surprise that he doesn't fare very well from a purely statistical standpoint. His profile strongly indicates that he's destined to play a complimentary role in the NBA, at least in his first few seasons. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kawhi-Leonard-5821/ ©DraftExpress
    Kawhi Leonard was not much further along than anunoby at 21. To suggest otherwise is revisionist history. Obviously kawhis trajectory and improvement is an outlier, but a worker like OG has the chance to make great leaps and bounds as well

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    I see that tonight will be game number 10 for Kawhi for Toronto, eclipsing the 9 that he was able to play for SA all of last season.

Celebration time!

Show The Brow why he wants to sign here as a FA with Kawhi returning ....

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    These idiots are really going to hype OG as the next Kawhi lol and a lot of the people here i bet are going to fall for it just like when the same media compared Wiggins to LeBron and called him the next big thing.

All you need to do is youtube Kawhi's college games, not even his rookie year in San Antonio. Just watch his games at San Diego State. There is ZERO comparison.

The ONLY similarities between Kawhi and OG is that they're both big SF's.

OGs a better shooter than KL in college.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
    I've watched some Bucks games this year. Lopez is not going to maintain Klay Thompsonesque shooting. He also sucks at everything else.

Regular season success is very important to the Bucks, to show Giannis they're serious about winning. I think the better teams will see enough of a sample size now that they can exploit what the Bucks are doing.

Plus Bud's face looks like he's always about to cry.
    Actually Lopez, like his brother, is one of the masters of the box out. That's why his teams rebound better, and sometimes massively better, with him on the court than off.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    These idiots are really going to hype OG as the next Kawhi lol and a lot of the people here i bet are going to fall for it just like when the same media compared Wiggins to LeBron and called him the next big thing.

All you need to do is youtube Kawhi's college games, not even his rookie year in San Antonio. Just watch his games at San Diego State. There is ZERO comparison.

The ONLY similarities between Kawhi and OG is that they're both big SF's.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Nah. Lowry wasn't upset about DeMar being traded. He was pissed that Masai publicly said "I game THEM chances." Them being... Casey, DeMar and Lowry.
    And he would be right to be mad in that case. Masai pursued them in free agency and resigned Casey.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Here's a new one I hadn't heard..

Damn, Lowry was really shopping in summer 17. Basically looks like he would have signed with San Antonio or Utah if the offer was there. Don't forget this was right after the first Cleveland sweep, momentum was really drying up here, Tucker and Patterson were out the door, and it looked like a real stale environment.

Still makes it a tad hypocritical to be so upset about Demar in summer 18 AFTER second consecutive sweep, when Raptors org was just trying to get rid of the playoff failure
    And don't forget Minnesota. That was near done as well.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    that's why I don't buy that he was upset in the first place. Just being there for a friend.
    Nah. Lowry wasn't upset about DeMar being traded. He was pissed that Masai publicly said "I game THEM chances." Them being... Casey, DeMar and Lowry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X