Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post
    And that's really the hope here. That Gasol's IQ can be the super-glue that seems to be missing with a team that's loaded with talent and teases us with spurts of dominance, but lacks consistency. Not saying they're perfect, but when you look at the Bucks and see them execute with ruthless precision, possession after possession, it feels they're a just a really well-coached squad totally maxing out their potential - which they probably are. With the Raps, the lack of communication is comical at times, on both ends of the court and happens regularly even after 50+ games. It feels like we've only scratched the surface of our potential, in terms of guys playing together as a unit.
    Qick question: Have the Raps ever played 10 games in a row with both Kawhi and Kyle in the lineup? I believe the answer is no....

    If Kawhi's knee is OK (and it should be since he played half the AS game) and few back to backs left where Kawhi might sit out, the Raps have a full slate of games to get firing on all cylinders including fully integrating Gasol and Lin until FVV is back.

    As an aside, I think Lin could be the X factor in a few games as well as the post season. Dude just seems so poised.
    Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Feb 20, 2019, 11:13 AM.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post
      And that's really the hope here. That Gasol's IQ can be the super-glue that seems to be missing with a team that's loaded with talent and teases us with spurts of dominance, but lacks consistency. Not saying they're perfect, but when you look at the Bucks and see them execute with ruthless precision, possession after possession, it feels they're a just a really well-coached squad totally maxing out their potential - which they probably are. With the Raps, the lack of communication is comical at times, on both ends of the court and happens regularly even after 50+ games. It feels like we've only scratched the surface of our potential, in terms of guys playing together as a unit.
      Nurse is like: "Alright, I've got everything lined up now, everything in their proper places, just need to roll this puppy off the lot now...

      2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

      Comment


      • Article in the Toronto sun

        Mike Conley when asked about Gasol playing with former spurs rivals


        “He was one of my favourite players before he came to us because of how much he used to kick our ass when we played them,” Green said. “He’s a great passing big. Screen-and-roll. He just understands the game and makes the game easier for everyone around him. I’m just excited to see his growth with us.” This union of former Southwest Division arch-enemies might not seem all that odd for those now brought together, but for Mike Conley, left behind in Memphis without his right-hand man Gasol, it’s all a bit bizarre.

        “It’s very weird,” Conley said when asked by the Sun about the situation over the weekend.

        “I had to ask (Gasol) about what’s it like having guys like that that we’ve played in the playoffs so many years and basically we’ve treated them like rivals for so many years. But he’s really excited, I know he’s enjoying it. He’s sending me pictures and texting just always, there’s something new every day (in Toronto), so it’s pretty cool for him.” Conley was nearly a part of this party too, depending on who you talk to (and there were those on hand in Charlotte who thought talks between Toronto and Memphis came close to sending Conley to Canada too, though others said things never progressed that far). Now he has to adjust to life without his closest NBA friend, Gasol. Not that he seems overly sad about it.

        “We knew at some point it would happen and just happy he got to a situation where he can succeed and have a chance at winning a championship,” Conley said.

        “Man, he’s as solid as a player you’ll find in every aspect of the game,” Conley said.

        “There’s no weakness that he has, so, defensively I think is going to be his biggest thing. He can really change games in the way he’s so smart. Calling out coverages. Getting hands on loose balls, blocks, steals, his passing ability. I mean all that stuff is going to bode well for a team that is already unselfish and plays so fast and plays well together,” Conley said.

        Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Feb 20, 2019, 11:45 AM.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Article in the Toronto sun

          Mike Conley when asked about Gasol playing with former spurs rivals
          Paraphrase:

          "Please bring me in next, Masai" - Mike Conley
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

          Comment


          • It's great having guys traded here, be so excited around Kawhi (Danny Green, Gasol, Lin) and guys leaving so sad (DD, JV, Wright)
            Plus we play in a building, c'mon early Spring!

            Comment


            • G__Deane wrote: View Post
              It's great having guys traded here, be so excited around Kawhi (Danny Green, Gasol, Lin) and guys leaving so sad (DD, JV, Wright)
              Plus we play in a building, c'mon early Spring!
              US Media, Tracy McGrady, Chris Bosh: "No one wants to play in Toronto"

              Masai: "That's old news! We're proud of our city!"

              Marc Gasol, Jeremy Lin: "Hell yeah!"

              JV, Delon, CJ: *crying*

              Me, watching the next episode of Open Gym: *crying*
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                US Media, Tracy McGrady, Chris Bosh: "No one wants to play in Toronto"

                Masai: "That's old news! We're proud of our city!"

                Marc Gasol, Jeremy Lin: "Hell yeah!"

                JV, Delon, CJ: *crying*

                Me, watching the next episode of Open Gym: *crying*
                Actually, Masai agreed with Bosh's statement in the Will Cain interview, surprisingly - the fact that top tier free agents like Kawhi don't want to come to Toronto. Getting the John Salmonses of the world to come here is what's old news - and we tossed that one back in the ocean.

                Comment


                • S.R. wrote: View Post
                  US Media, Tracy McGrady, Chris Bosh: "No one wants to play in Toronto"

                  Masai: "That's old news! We're proud of our city!"

                  Marc Gasol, Jeremy Lin: "Hell yeah!"

                  JV, Delon, CJ: *crying*

                  Me, watching the next episode of Open Gym: *crying*
                  I will always give CB4 a break because I feel bad that he actually cared about the game, but had to retire early. Tmac was a 2nd round virgin who wasted his talent - we are talking about Top 30 alltime potential. He was a freak and perennial loser.

                  Sorry to break it to Chris Bosh, but no one wanted to be CB4's sidekick in Toronto. It had more to do with Chris than Toronto. Hopefully no one tells him the truth because I feel his soul is crushed enough.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post
                    Actually, Masai agreed with Bosh's statement in the Will Cain interview, surprisingly - the fact that top tier free agents like Kawhi don't want to come to Toronto. Getting the John Salmonses of the world to come here is what's old news - and we tossed that one back in the ocean.
                    Top tier free agents want to play on Super teams .

                    Comment


                    • guyroch wrote: View Post
                      Top tier free agents want to play on Super teams .
                      Which Toronto is on the verge of having.

                      Come on Kawhi. Take the money and a 2+1 contract.

                      Comment


                      • It will be interserting to observe this over the rest of the season, but so far since the JV-Gasol trade :

                        Gasol in 4 games :

                        Mins | Pts | FG% | Rebs | Ast | Blk
                        19.3 | 8.5 | 46.7 | 6.5 | 2.8 | 1.0

                        JV in 3 games :

                        Mins | Pts | FG% | Rebs | Ast | Blk
                        24.5 | 20.0 | 59.1 | 9.3 | 2.7 | 1.0
                        Last edited by BadDinosaur; Sun Feb 24, 2019, 08:12 AM.

                        Comment


                        • BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                          It will be interserting to observe this over the rest of the season, but so far since the JV-Gasol trade :

                          Gasol in 4 games :

                          Mins | Pts | FG% | Rebs | Ast | Blk
                          19.3 | 8.5 | 46.7 | 6.5 | 2.8 | 1.0

                          JV in 3 games :

                          Mins | Pts | FG% | Rebs | Ast | Blk
                          24.5 | 20.0 | 59.1 | 9.3 | 2.7 | 1.0
                          I hope we didn't trade JV in the hope that Gasol would outsocre him. Even or especially if they both start, there's no way that's going to happen.

                          Comment


                          • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            I hope we didn't trade JV in the hope that Gasol would outsocre him. Even or especially if they both start, there's no way that's going to happen.
                            I just hope we didn't trade 3 guys just to use Marc Gasol in a Marcin Gortat role.

                            If Nurse just wanted to give a big a few minutes off the bench and the ball a couple times a game, Masai could have given him that for much cheaper.

                            Already had 2 on the team, actually.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                            Comment


                            • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              I hope we didn't trade JV in the hope that Gasol would outsocre him. Even or especially if they both start, there's no way that's going to happen.
                              In 4 games with Gasol Toronto is 4-0. Memphis is 0-4 since the trade. JV is now starting. Personal stats are not as important as team results at the stage.

                              Comment


                              • Gonzz wrote: View Post
                                In 4 games with Gasol Toronto is 4-0. Memphis is 0-4 since the trade. JV is now starting. Personal stats are not as important as team results at the stage.
                                So you're saying Raptors are a better team than Grizz? Never figured...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X