Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    started a topic Everything Marc Gasol

Everything Marc Gasol

Wow! Discuss.

• LJ2
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Horford is probably the only one there with a strong argument. The JV fanboy in me would put him second, but the line is probably between first and second so...
    I was thinking Horford too, but the way Marc defended Embiid with that bigger body was impressive. That and his ability to see the floor playing point-centre.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    2020 free agent pool is looking pretty weak actually. Could def see them punting until 2021

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Out of curiosity, out of that list who would you guys have chosen for one more playoff run with this team. Damn I may chose Marc over all of them for his defense and intangibles.
    Horford is probably the only one there with a strong argument. The JV fanboy in me would put him second, but the line is probably between first and second so...

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    I don’t think an extension is necessary, if Kawhi resigns then we see how this next year goes and decide from there.

Theres no reason to commit to a 34 year old centre
    There could certainly be a reason. For example, if Kawhi asks for it when he's deciding if he wants to re-sign and for how long.

Also, if they want to punt on 2020 free agency, and hunt 2021 free agents, moving their expirings to 2021 now would be a good move - hard to get guys to re-up for only one year in FA.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post

What is the timeline when an extension can be signed ...say for 1 or 2 yrs more? Can this be done anytime during the upcoming season.
    Yes, veteran extensions can be done right up to the last day of the contract, June 30th of next year. But at that point no reason not to just do it through free agency. It's likely a summer discussion if it's discussed at all.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied

Uh, yes. Hence the possibility of an extension. If he opted out he'd need to be re-signed, which is a different thing.
    ohhh i see what you were saying

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    He was a mid season trade and you could tell offensively that he just tried to fit in. Hopefully Kawhi and Danny come back and we can see what a full training camp with Gasol will look like next season.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

This year's free agent center class includes Cousins, Vucevic, Horford, Randle (though he plays 4/5), Lopez, Jordan, JV, WCS, Kanter, and Looney
    Out of curiosity, out of that list who would you guys have chosen for one more playoff run with this team. Damn I may chose Marc over all of them for his defense and intangibles.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I’m happy he is back for the year though

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I don’t think an extension is necessary, if Kawhi resigns then we see how this next year goes and decide from there.

Theres no reason to commit to a 34 year old centre

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied

Uh, yes. Hence the possibility of an extension. If he opted out he'd need to be re-signed, which is a different thing.
    What is the timeline when an extension can be signed ...say for 1 or 2 yrs more? Can this be done anytime during the upcoming season.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

looks like he opts in

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

I wonder if his offseason routine was somewhat less than maximum effort playing for the Grizzlies. He was nearing the end of his own career. He knew he wasn't going to go very far. That has to impact on a players motivation and effort.

It might be a whole new ball game this summer. Certainly Nurse will be whispering in his ear what he wants Marc to be working on.
    If we roll the whole team back next year, I'm most excited about how we can use Gasol better. Especially on offence - as a scorer, and a playmaker. Oodles of potential there.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    my guess is this upcoming year they go for it. and the following year they will psuedo punt... or get a tier down star... i'd love to see them get beal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X