Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I downloaded the Android app.. it's nice. Seems to be a bit of a Forum glitch. When you click the More->Forum link on the main page you can only see the stickied threads. You have to click the "Everything Raptors" link on the top left and click "Raptors Republic Forums" than you can see everything again.

Haven't used the app to post anything yet. Prefer the desktop to do that just generally. But browsing the forum has become a lot easier.

Thanks for the efforts in getting this done!

Comment

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, the forum integration is not the best, and it's basically a link (we did fix the 'only sticked thread' issue since). Frankly, the forums weren't the top priority in the first release because integration with vBulletin is kind of difficult. The good news is that we have a vBulletin 5 upgrade planned, and once that happens, we'll explore a tighter integration with the app. The app's main goal right now is to make content consumption from the main site easier.

Comment

On the old website version the you had ability to view an activity stream/latest activity post by post. Now instead of a timeline of recent posts it now just show a timeline of threads that have been posted in.That was a really nice feature of the old site. If theirs any simple way to return that feature it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Can you increase font sizes on this new theme? Very hard to read and I don't want to zoom in every time I browse RR and then zoom out I leave the site.

Colour scheme is meh as well, could you use more contrasts, even though I appreciate the attempt to make the forum timeless, this, however, puts it in 2005 era.

Last 2 cents, avatars matter, people express their personalities through them. If possible bring back the old avatar size.
            Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Mar 5, 2019, 07:36 AM.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Can you increase font sizes on this new theme? Very hard to read and I don't want to zoom in every time I browse RR and then zoom out I leave the site.

Colour scheme is meh as well, could you use more contrasts, even though I appreciate the attempt to make the forum timeless, this, however, puts it in 2005 era.

Last 2 cents, avatars matter, people express their personalities through them. If possible bring back the old avatar size.
              I'm taking feedback on the new theme here - https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...to-vbulletin-5

Some of the issues you raised have been addressed there.

Comment

Well a week in and we have to say that the app is very stable.. no crashes ! Fantastic.
                A few features that were present in the old version that aren't working on Windows OS and iOS

Embedding tweets ... a staple for those who want to share breaking news in the forum still aren't there.
                Whats new function isn't displaying the most recent posts from the few the proud the brave the RR faithful.
                An ego thing mostly.. but the likes button doesn't display user names on stand alone posts.

Like the new user view.. its clean and functional....

Keep up the good work.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Well a week in and we have to say that the app is very stable.. no crashes ! Fantastic.
                  A few features that were present in the old version that aren't working on Windows OS and iOS

Embedding tweets ... a staple for those who want to share breaking news in the forum still aren't there.
                  Whats new function isn't displaying the most recent posts from the few the proud the brave the RR faithful.
                  An ego thing mostly.. but the likes button doesn't display user names on stand alone posts.

Like the new user view.. its clean and functional....

Keep up the good work.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Cmon man.. I haven't been on double secret probation for almost a year....
                    Last year after a few timeouts for abuse of an official.. maybe ...the gif applies.........

As to the site upgrade.. its good....
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Just came across this. May have to install the app.

Comment

Working...
                      X