X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePanini
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I am not sure that he is better in every aspect of his game than the Team USA PGs.

However, it appears to me that he is better at passing than the Team USA PGs.

Based upon the current roster before the cut to 12

Rondo is a better defender though Rubio is pretty good. I want to see him in the NBA before upgrading that

Rose is a far better scorer than Rubio

Westbrook has a better all around game than Rubio

Right now I would them

1. Westbrook
    2. Rondo
    3. Rose
    4. Rubio
    X. Calderon
    Rubio is a great defender. I've seen him play for Barcelona, can guard his man really well because he is both big and fast. His hands are like WOO. HAHA. He can't shoot very well, but will get the open buckets. And he's quite streaky, like he can make jump shots after jumpshot. But, not very often. His passing and IQ is a million times better than most PGs in the entire NBA.

My list:

1. Rondo
    2. Rubio
    3. Westbrook
    4. Rose

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Doesn't this basically kill any trade value that he might have had?
    Excellent point.

This might mean that Calderon might not get traded if at all until after the season starts.

This injury could be one of the best things that has happened to the Raptors so far this summer.

I think that the NBA Trade karma is against the Raptors trading Jose at least this summer.

1. Charlotte trade falls through
    2. Jose gets injured in an exhibition game

Maybe trading Jose this summer was just not meant to be despite what some posters here have been saying.

We shall see

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    There is not absolutely no chance that Jose will be traded. He is out till Oct and who in their right mind, will invest 30 million on a player who is injured unless Raptors sweeten the deal with some 1st round draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ee-this-coming...

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Poor Jose, again bitten by injury bug. Hopefully he will be fine for the training camp ...
    what the hell do you mean poor jose?please.

jose brang this on himself. poor us for not trading his sorry ass. i'm tired of him constantly getting injured form these world cahmpionships just retire from inter. play.

steve nash did it and we got over it, so spain can get over they already have ricky rubio they don't need jose.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Rubio is better than the PGs in team USA. He'll destroy them with his court vision :P
    I am not sure that he is better in every aspect of his game than the Team USA PGs.

However, it appears to me that he is better at passing than the Team USA PGs.

Based upon the current roster before the cut to 12

Rondo is a better defender though Rubio is pretty good. I want to see him in the NBA before upgrading that

Rose is a far better scorer than Rubio

Westbrook has a better all around game than Rubio

Right now I would them

1. Westbrook
    2. Rondo
    3. Rose
    4. Rubio
    X. Calderon

Leave a comment:

• yertu damkule
    replied
    i can think of a few other things that 'kill' his trade value...

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    Jose Got Hurt: Out for at least 4 Weeks

It seems like Raptor fans can finally put aside the Jose trade rumors/ scenarios to rest and move on with their lives. Jose is Out for at least 4 weeks ( I fear it is worst given the history of Spanish Basketball Federation and ... ). There is one thing harder than trading an over paid no defense PG in this league and that is trading an injured , over paid, no defense PG.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/23/c....ap/index.html

MADRID (AP) -- Spain point guard Jose Manuel Calderon will miss the basketball world championships after hurting his leg in an exhibition against the United States.

Tests Monday revealed the Toronto Raptors player tore a muscle in his left leg in Sunday's 86-85 loss. Calderon had headed to the locker room late in the game. He went scoreless with three assists.
    The Spanish federation says Calderon needs four weeks to recover.
    The 28-year-old was part of Spain's 2006 world champion team and won Olympic silver two years ago in Beijing.
    Calderon says "there is not much to say. It's a pity I was injured at the last minute."
    The world championships run from Aug. 28-Sep. 12 in Turkey.

Leave a comment:

• Arsenalist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    His is young. He can handle the minutes.
    Rubio is better than the PGs in team USA. He'll destroy them with his court vision :P

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    JoePanini wrote: View Post
    This could also be bad for team USA. Cause this only means that Rubio will have to play more minutes. Uh oh. :O HAHA
    His is young. He can handle the minutes.

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    This could be a blessing in disguise.

This injury which doesn't appear to be major should keep him from any more of these European summer games which do nothing but tire a player out for the NBA grind. increase his risk of injury during the season because of playing all those minutes and don't really improve his game against NBA starters.

Besides this injury almost guarantees a Team USA gold in the 2010 FiBA World Tournament Sarcasm.

But seriously, Spain without Pau and Jose is at least a bit weaker than with them.
    This could also be bad for team USA. Cause this only means that Rubio will have to play more minutes. Uh oh. :O HAHA

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    This could be a blessing in disguise.

This injury which doesn't appear to be major should keep him from any more of these European summer games which do nothing but tire a player out for the NBA grind. increase his risk of injury during the season because of playing all those minutes and don't really improve his game against NBA starters.

Besides this injury almost guarantees a Team USA gold in the 2010 FiBA World Tournament Sarcasm.

But seriously, Spain without Pau and Jose is at least a bit weaker than with them.

Leave a comment:

• philwill
    replied
    gimme a break!

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    He'll be back before October I think. He's a strong lad, will work hard to recover.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X