X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really a lot to digest there, grindhouse
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Jazz leaning towards taking a big man?

Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor said Utah is preparing for the draft with the idea that veteran center Mehmet Okur might not return to action.

“What we’re planning on with Memo is to have him back and have him healthy,” O’Connor said. “How long it takes him to get back and into the flow of things, I don’t know. But you prepare for the worst, and you hope for the best.”

Okur is making progress during his rehabilitation and is expected to be in Salt Lake City by mid-June.
      Source: RealGM.com

Plan for the worse, hope for the best. That says it all to me, they're leaning towards taking a big man. They have Devin Harris manning the point right now and he'll do moving forward.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Source: RealGM.com

Plan for the worse, hope for the best. That says it all to me, they're leaning towards taking a big man. They have Devin Harris manning the point right now and he'll do moving forward.
        Jazz have both the 3rd and 12th pick. This could mean they are looking to add a big with either one of those picks (or both...crap). Around the 12th pick they could probably add one of the following: Biyomba, Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, or Montiejunas.

So they would have options at either spot in the draft. But if they take Kanter, then I guess that Knight drops to us...that's me trying to put a good spin on this. I am very hopeful that Kanter falls to us.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Theyre definitely taking Fredette with their second #1. You can write that in stone.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
            Jazz have both the 3rd and 12th pick. This could mean they are looking to add a big with either one of those picks (or both...crap). Around the 12th pick they could probably add one of the following: Biyomba, Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, or Montiejunas.

So they would have options at either spot in the draft. But if they take Kanter, then I guess that Knight drops to us...that's me trying to put a good spin on this. I am very hopeful that Kanter falls to us.
            This draft is loaded with PG's. I feel it's going to be more difficult at #12 to hit a home run on a bigman than a PG in that slot. Then add in the fact that they already have Devin Harris but could be losing Okur and I think their top 3 pick is going to be a big. At #12 Alec Burks, Jimmer Fredette and Darrius Morris could all be there. I think all three of those guys are safer picks than Biyomba, Markieff Morris and Montiejunas. Both Burks and Darius Morris possess big size and versatile skills. If the Raptors could be in position to land one of those two in the teens I would be extremely happy about it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              This draft is loaded with PG's. I feel it's going to be more difficult at #12 to hit a home run on a bigman than a PG in that slot. Then add in the fact that they already have Devin Harris but could be losing Okur and I think their top 3 pick is going to be a big. At #12 Alec Burks, Jimmer Fredette and Darrius Morris could all be there. I think all three of those guys are safer picks than Biyomba, Markieff Morris and Montiejunas. Both Burks and Darius Morris possess big size and versatile skills. If the Raptors could be in position to land one of those two in the teens I would be extremely happy about it.
              Especially Darius Morris. Burks will most likely be gone before 12.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                I really don't want to be negative but what role are the expectations of valanciunas, kantar, and vesley suppose to play if the raptors were to draft them. My understanding is that a player drafted in the lottery is suppose to be dominate at one end of the floor, I don't see anything closely resembling dominance with any of these players. I have been criticized for wanting faried but even the annoucers at the combine talked for a good while about how he is going to be a dominate rebounder and defender in the league. I just don't get it.

brandon knight is not the fast point guard and watching kemba destroy him its clear he is not going to be able to stay in front of people and he is not a physical defender which leads me to think he will not be a great defender on the next level.

kemba can stay in front of anyone but is small and will be muscled and its not like we have help at the rim so....

and no one has stepped up to the plate what makes kantar so much better than Nikola Mirotic cause looking at them side by side in the combine I don't see it
                I don't want to be negative either but your understanding is wrong. The only reasonable expectation of any player picked at any spot is that the team prefers taking a risk on them over any of the remaining prospects.

Also, I've been away for a while, but weren't you the one ready to shoo Faried into the Hall of Fame? I apologize if I've confused you with someone else, but if you were, damn man, maybe you should wait for him to display Rodman-like defense and rebounding for at least a season (at the NBA level no less!) before suggesting that.

Comment

• Haven't heard any talk about Jeremy Tyler. He has a great attitude after going through a tough maturing process as a 17 year old overseas.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                    Especially Darius Morris. Burks will most likely be gone before 12.
                    No doubt. I feel he could be gone as early as 5th depending on his workout and other players' workouts. He has amazing gifts. At the same time look at Ed Davis. Guys fall sometimes because teams get caught up in things other than ability.

Comment

• looks like that's what's going to happen with derrick williams. dude got hurt and won't be able to work out until after the draft. his agent just told people this now, making many wonder how severe the injury is. but word is he was told by the celtics if he falls to them they'll take him (he said he'd love to play for the celtics) so i sense he's playing possum so he falls to them.

while i think he's a top 10 talent, i don't see why the celts take another pg, even if hes the most talented player at that position by far. its literally the one position they don't need help at.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        looks like that's what's going to happen with derrick williams. dude got hurt and won't be able to work out until after the draft. his agent just told people this now, making many wonder how severe the injury is. but word is he was told by the celtics if he falls to them they'll take him (he said he'd love to play for the celtics) so i sense he's playing possum so he falls to them.

while i think he's a top 10 talent, i don't see why the celts take another pg, even if hes the most talented player at that position by far. its literally the one position they don't need help at.
                        Is there a typo here somewhere?

Comment

• Certainly a typo.

Comment

• shit i mean reggie jackson
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              shit i mean reggie jackson
                              LOL. I was wondering why none of the 24 teams ahead of Boston would snatch up Derrick Williams, and why he was a PG. =)

Comment

• It all adds up now.

Yeah, he's slotted to go late everywhere. In some cases the second round.

Comment

Working...
                                X