2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optifan wrote: View Post
    This kid is having quite the tournament, and his draft stock is definitely on the rise.

As it stands today, the Raptors are likely to pick after Cleveland, Minnesota, and Washington. Cleveland will likely take Kyrie Irving, and Minnesota and Washington will undoubtedly NOT take a PG as both teams are more than covered at that position. This leaves the very likely possibility that Walker will be available at the 4th pick and I would not be at all surprised to see the Raptors take him. With the talent and leadership that he's showing I'm starting to hope that this happens.

I'll definitely be watching tonight's tournament final to see how he steps up.
    Welcome optifan. It all comes down to where they draft and who elects to enter the draft. If the Raptors have one of the top two picks and both Irving and Barnes opt for the draft then needless to say, Kemba probably isn't an option. If they're drafting 5th then you need to strongly consider him there.

Comment

• Fredette Wins Naismith

BYU guard Jimmer Fredette, the regular season NCAA scoring leader, was named the winner of the 2011 Naismith Award, given to the national player of the year.

Fredette has now won the Oscar Robertson Trophy, the Associated Press Player of the Year award, the Adolph Rupp Award, Naismith Award and the NABC honor. All five are given annually to the top player in college basketball.

Perhaps the most prestigious player of the year honor, the John R. Wooden Award, will be announced Friday at the Los Angeles Athletic Club in California.

If Fredette wins that award, he will be considered the consensus player of the year.
      Source: RealGM.com

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Granted this is all based on the idea of playing Millsap at the 3 but a swap of Bargnani for Jefferson spreads the floor for Millsap against smaller 3's and Favors at the SF and PF position. If a team counters with a smaller player on Bargnani to the post he goes. It is essentially what Bargnani needs to be successful here but the pieces are already in place in Utah. Bargnani replaces Jefferson's point production, spreads the floor while the rebounding difference is made up with Millsap and Favors (he is going to be a beast).

The other consideration is it saves Utah luxury tax this year and lowers their salary cap number for the next 2 seasons as well by about 5M per season.

If that three team deal was possible, I'd much rather have Jefferson/Flynn than Bargnani/Calderon given where the franchise is right now. Put Valanciunas as the back up C for the remaining two years on Jefferson's contract and we have a 21 year old starting C in 2 years.

Wet dreams maybe but at least I wake up with a smile on my face!
        I don't like Jefferson at all. He's not a good defensive player, and, at this point, that's the main thing I'm looking for for the Raptor's frontcourt. Yes, he's defensively an improvement over Bargnani, but not by much. If it's a stopgap solution, then I'd rather try for a more moderately priced veteran who plays defense.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• All these dudes are dropping of the draft. What a crappy year to have a great pick! Just like '06... Watch Kemba, Knight, Kanter all go back to school and Maurizio will whisper into BC's ear "Hey, there's this 7 footer who plays for my old team Benetton Treviso...yadda yadda..." and we end up with Donatas Motiejunas. Nothing against him(DM), just been there-done that-isn't working out.

Comment

• If Kemba wins a championship he's opting for the draft for sure. He would be stupid not to. The only way I see him not entering is if he has a horrible final game. He's a junior and next year's class looks to be deep..

I could see Knight staying one more year.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              All these dudes are dropping of the draft. What a crappy year to have a great pick! Just like '06... Watch Kemba, Knight, Kanter all go back to school and Maurizio will whisper into BC's ear "Hey, there's this 7 footer who plays for my old team Benetton Treviso...yadda yadda..." and we end up with Donatas Motiejunas. Nothing against him(DM), just been there-done that-isn't working out.
              Kanter's definitely entering the draft. He's ineligible to play NCAA ball.

Comment

• Wow, that's one sweet avatar Mango.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Kanter's definitely entering the draft. He's ineligible to play NCAA ball.
                  This is true... brain fart. Replace him in my post with Perry Jones then... lol.

The avatar is part of the bet thread I'm assuming...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Wow, that's one sweet avatar Mango.
                    LOL! It's funny, the more I read up on Walker and see him play, the more I'm impressed with the kid. I'm diggin on Irving, Valanciunas and Kanter, but after that, I wouldn't be opposed to having Walker on our team next season.

Comment

This is true... brain fart. Replace him in my post with Perry Jones then... lol.

The avatar is part of the bet thread I'm assuming...
                      I think Jones is ineligible too, brother.

Yeah, lost a bet, and I gotta rock the Kemba avatar for a week.

Comment

Yeah, lost a bet, and I gotta rock the Kemba avatar for a week.
                        What happened with Jones? I haven't read anything where he's actually ineligible but he is likely to enter... Anyways I'm just advocating that we please just don't take the 7 foot 215 pounder.

Comment

I gotta rock the Kemba avatar for a week.
                          don't worry man I switched my avatar so your not the only person rocking your favourtie player in the draft

Comment

What happened with Jones? I haven't read anything where he's actually ineligible but he is likely to enter... Anyways I'm just advocating that we please just don't take the 7 foot 215 pounder.
                            I think the NCAA is looking into his family taking benefits from a former AAU coach.

Comment

I think the NCAA is looking into his family taking benefits from a former AAU coach.
                              I know he was suspended for the rest of this season, just hadn't read anything on next season.

Comment

• Butler choked so hard. I feel bad for them, like nothing was falling for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X