Casey Is Our Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Oh come on, Parker was completely eurocised.
    ... Can't say I understand what you mean.

He was the best defender on a 47 win team, and the probably the best long ball shooter as well.
    If thats what 'eurocised' means, then I am all for it. Sign me up.

ADD Sorry guys. Shouldn't have even responded to him. Back to Mr. Casey and his possible employment.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      The guy is 54 years old and has only managed to find a lead role for a year and a half. That should tell you all you need to know.
      Tom Thibodeau was 52 when hired by the Bulls, which is his first head coaching position (as far as i know). So, referring to his age should not tell us all (as i think most agree that Thibodeau had done a good job, certainly by improving the defense).

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Oh boy... where to start ... Anthony Parker is from Illinois ... thus American, and thats about as American as you can get ...

Second ... besides Dirk, which of their Big guys are from Europe that we might acquire? ...
        The only other one I can think of is Mahinmi. Seriously I would not mind opening up the trade routes with Dallas, except that they have a great team already and won't be willing to part with anything of worth.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Fact-Adelman wants to coach-a team that can win it all
          Fact- Jackson will only coach teams likely to win it all
          Fact-Van Gundy would like to win it all as well and can interview for any job that comes up

Remainder- High quality defensive minded assistant with recent record of success to convince players there are two ways to do things: their way and the right way and they are both the same thing.

Equals- Dwayne Casey

Comment

jamesk wrote: View Post
            Fact-Van Gundy would like to win it all as well and can interview for any job that comes up

Remainder- High quality defensive minded assistant with recent record of success to convince players there are two ways to do things: their way and the right way and they are both the same thing.

Equals- Dwayne Casey
            FACT - Just cause you start a sentence off with Fact doesn't mean it's a fact.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

jamesk wrote: View Post

Equals- Dwayne Casey
              Which Jackson do you speak of?

Fact - Phil just retired from the Lakers and the only coaching job I've heard his name attached to is NY next year.

Fact - Mark was just hired in Golden State.

Comment

Stu Jackson? LOL..

I still think it should be Lawrence Frank.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  The only other one I can think of is Mahinmi. Seriously I would not mind opening up the trade routes with Dallas, except that they have a great team already and won't be willing to part with anything of worth.
                  If our trade routes aren't open already due to the fact we literally gave Shawn Marion and Peja Stojakovic to them, then they won't be opened if we steal away their Lead Assistant.

This whole concept of 'opening trade routes' is ridiculous. Either you have the assets to match a deal or you don't. Doesn't matter if our coach used to be on their bench.

And good call on Mahinmi, forgot he's from France. Still .. thats literally the only thing that makes him European. Which is what it should be for anyone of these European players. But I guess because he looks African but is in Fact European, some of these guys must be seriously conflicted.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                    We are talking about coaching this Raptors team. It sounds to me like you are saying we should have kept Triano unless they can hire an established head coach.Triano sucked as a head coach. If you don't think Casey qualifies as an established HC and can do a better job than Triano who do you have in mind that has a realistic shot at coming here?
                    BTW Thibodeau obviously gets a lot of credit for the success of the Bulls and Spoelstra has a lot tougher job than he gets credit for. The expectations for teams loaded with championship talent makes it easy to point at the coach when things don't go as planned.
                    I already said I like Woodson.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      ... Can't say I understand what you mean.

He was the best defender on a 47 win team, and the probably the best long ball shooter as well.
                      If thats what 'eurocised' means, then I am all for it. Sign me up.

ADD Sorry guys. Shouldn't have even responded to him. Back to Mr. Casey and his possible employment.
                      I don't think parker was even close to the teams best defender. The guy couldn't have shut down a GM plant if he was mayor of Flint.

He was a soft, weak defense jump shooter. I will also say that the fade a way shot of his was extremely annoying, simply because he used it so often.

Parker wasn't a bad player... but he wasn't exactly anything special either. He was a good shooter and intelligent player, which made up his lack of athleicism and toughness.

He may not have been european. But after coming back from Europe, he did nothing change the stigma of how european players play....

Comment

In 2007 I would say the Raptors best defenders were Jorge and Parker, with an honorable mention to Rasho.

Ain't that ironic?
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I hope Casey is high on the list, if not at the top. He may have the pedigree as an assistant to push the team to better results on the defensive end. He apparently holds people accountable and is a bit of a screamer. Players all love him though so it seems he's got head coaching qualities. Not sure he's better than obvious top-tier candidates like JVG or Adelman, but he might come cheaper and be roughly as successful with such a young team. I'm not convinced either of those guys are actually ideal with our team which is still way too young. To get what they want out of it, they'd probably want the organization to commit at least 4-5 years and lots of cash. Even if they got that, not sure they'd trust the organization which has never been known for sticking with coaches. A wild card veteran like Fratello might be more likely as he may be open to a reasonable/short contract having been out of a gig for so long.

I think realistically the candidates are the same 3 that get the most rumored: Lawrence Frank, Mike Woodson, and Dwane Casey. I don't like the potential for disaster on the offensive end with Woodson, as those Hawks teams have been dreadful (not including their transition game). You want a young team to learn to play a good offensive system where they share the ball, something that is already a problem for us when Jose isn't playing. I trust Frank and Casey with that aspect of the game more. I think Frank's a bit of a dirty little rat though, so I think I'm rooting for Casey or a similar coach. Seems like he has some qualities that remind me of Butch Carter and Sam Mitchell, the 2 best motivators this team has had, and usually a good type of coach for a young team.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                            In 2007 I would say the Raptors best defenders were Jorge and Parker, with an honorable mention to Rasho.

Ain't that ironic?
                            If I was to rank the starters...... Jorge, Rasho, TJ, Parker, Bosh.

However I don't think its ironic... it just goes to show you how far away the Raps have always been from being a good defensive team.

Comment

I already said I like Woodson.
                              He'd be OK if they can't get Casey.

Comment

Then why fire Jay Triano? If they hire Casey then the firing of Jay Triano makes no sense to me.
                                Cause Colangelo has proved that he can't coach the defensive side of the ball. His players don't take him seriously, they know that they can get away with things.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X