Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade cap space for a lottery pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    I'd do it for a 10-16 pick
    the lottery is only upto 14...

Comment

Id take the worste contract from the worste team for a ( low lottery 1-7) then Amnesty the bad contract

Comment

Cap a pick

No way - in a supposedly strong overall draft - that a lottery pick is given up for some cap space. That GM would be crucified.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          Id take the worste contract from the worste team for a ( low lottery 1-7) then Amnesty the bad contract
          Amnetsy can only be used on players under contract before the new CBA. So we'd be stuck with the bad contract. Unless you amnetsy someone already on the team with an equal contract to the one you are taking in then I guess it's all the same.

Comment

Gotta get some more picks. We should try targeting a team that is in compete now mode but is likely to flame out for whatever reason (NO - Paul's knees being the best example I can think of) and send them bargs... haha ok I just want to dream for a little bit longer...

Comment

If the Raptors were not owned by penny-counting nickle-and-diming MLSE then the following would make sense:

Get the draft pick, and bad contract, and if the bad contract is someone who is not worth keeping around then amnesty his ass which should give more cap room to the team than before the trade.

Comment

It looks like Atlanta is going to sign and trade Crawford to the Bulls (that is the rumour at least).

If that happens, would people be opposed to this trade?

ATL: Barbosa
                TOR: Williams + 1st round draft pick

The Hawks get a replacement in Crawford and shed 2 years of Williams deal.

The Raptors are on the hook for $8.2M in '12-13 and a player option of $7.5M in '13-14 to Williams but get a draft pick that is likely in the 16-22 range. The Raptors fill a position of need short term as well.

*EDIT* FWIW, I would do it.

*EDT2* I forgot the Mike Bibby trade that sent their 2011 pick to Washington. They cannot trade consecutive 1st round picks.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 8, 2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

KingRaptors wrote: View Post
                  If the Raptors were not owned by penny-counting nickle-and-diming MLSE then the following would make sense:

Get the draft pick, and bad contract, and if the bad contract is someone who is not worth keeping around then amnesty his ass which should give more cap room to the team than before the trade.
                  The problem is you can't amnesty a contract that was not on your roster prior to July 1st, 2011.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    It looks like Atlanta is going to sign and trade Crawford to the Bulls (that is the rumour at least).

The Raptors are on the hook for $8.2M in '12-13 and a player option of $7.5M in '13-14 to Williams but get a draft pick that is likely in the 16-22 range. The Raptors fill a position of need short term as well.

*EDT2* I forgot the Mike Bibby trade that sent their 2011 pick to Washington. They cannot trade consecutive 1st round picks.
                    Are they looking to get rid of Williams? Who starts at the wing for them?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Are they looking to get rid of Williams? Who starts at the wing for them?
                      Put Hinrich at the 2 and JJ at the 3.

Rumour is Josh Smith has lost 30 pounds, so he might be a true SF now.

That leaves them screwed at C of course - unless you count Horford a C and then they don't have a PF.

Well, Josh Smith wasn’t having any of that Thursday, roughly 11 a.m. The fact that he beat his teammates to the practice facility and worked out all by his lonesome, spoke loudly enough about his priorities. But there was additional body language from J-Smoove: He is 35 pounds lighter, proof that Smith was mature and dedicated enough to keep himself in supreme shape during the extended summer and focused on having a more robust season.
                      http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/1...or-josh-smith/
                      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 8, 2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

The Hawks have Zaza, a solid Euro center with the big head.

Comment

the hawks already have an agreement with TMac too & id asume hed be replacing JCraw's bench scoring. im not sure he can replace JCraw but ATL seem to think so

Comment

Put Hinrich at the 2 and JJ at the 3.

Rumour is Josh Smith has lost 30 pounds, so he might be a true SF now.

That leaves them screwed at C of course - unless you count Horford a C and then they don't have a PF.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/1...or-josh-smith/
                            I don't like their roster at all. Sure they have some nice core players but they have too many question marks and holes. Unless they make a play I could see them regressing this season.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              the hawks already have an agreement with TMac too & id asume hed be replacing JCraw's bench scoring. im not sure he can replace JCraw but ATL seem to think so
                              You are right. With so much happening, T-Mac seems like 2 weeks ago... when it was only last night it was reported.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I don't like their roster at all. Sure they have some nice core players but they have too many question marks and holes. Unless they make a play I could see them regressing this season.
                                Also, the Jamal Crawford to Chicago rumour is a sign and trade. I'd imagine one or two of Korver/Brewer/Asik would be headed to Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
                                X