I dont see a resemblance..
          The only resemblance I see are the goatees
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Tross needs a good game not looking confident out there

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
              Tross needs a good game not looking confident out there
              That seems to be his achilles heel in his career. It'll be a real pity, that with all his ability, he might not be able to fight thru it.

Comment

• I'm not trying to make excuses, but I can't help but wonder if part of it is that fact that DC seems to want Ross to become little more than a spot-up 3pt shooter, similar to a guy like Korver.

Ross is a quick, athletic, explosive player, but I think a lot of his natural abilities are wasted with the way he's being used. Obviously he needs to do a better job of figuring out how to pick his spots to attack, since he'll need to prove capable if he ever wants to see his role expanded.

Comment

• Tough to do when youre on a quick hook. Out of curiosity I would like to see Casey give him a month of 30+ minutes a game and see what happens.

Of course thats nevet going to happen untill he is 42 years old.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Tough to do when youre on a quick hook. Out of curiosity I would like to see Casey give him a month of 30+ minutes a game and see what happens.

I shudder at the idea of drawing this comparison, but here goes...

The bolded part reminds me of Bargnani's first year under Sam Mitchell. Bargnani came off the bench (for Rasho) and would almost immediately be setup for a couple open 3pt shots. If he missed them both, he'd be back on the bench. When he missed his first shot, you would see him look over to the bench, clearly playing fearful of making a mistake (missing a shot). I get that SM wanted him to be a scoring spark off the bench, but to expect an ice-cold rookie to immediately come in and nail 3pt shots was idiotic.

I always felt that the way Bargnani got treated that first season was really detrimental to his development. He started seeing himself as nothing more than a scorer, focused only on that aspect of the game, since he would get yanked when he didn't score. Playing afraid can't be good for any player.

I don't know what the answer is for Ross though, because as the 4th/5th option in that starting lineup where he is used as the primary floor-spacer, I really can't see his role/opportunities changing anytime soon. It's definitely on him to adapt to what is expected of him, at least in the short-term.

Comment

Tough to do when youre on a quick hook. Out of curiosity I would like to see Casey give him a month of 30+ minutes a game and see what happens.

Or unless Demar goes down for a short while with an injury. I was thinking about this the other day... A brief stint with no Demar might do wonders not only for Ross, but also for the team as a whole. We wont be great team while Ross remains a non factor. An adrenaline shot to his confidence would be fantastic.

Mind you, he might step into Demar's role and be awful... That would suck

Comment

Maybe if he can do something other then shooting jump shots .. How many times has he gone to the line this year ? 2 maybe ..

Comment

• I think it would be great for the team minus DD to gel and get into the system.

Though, I think it is still pretty easy to get Ross a significant amount of PT even with DD in the lineup. All we have to do is play JJ at the PF spot instead of Hansborough (ie Ross gets TH's PT - who has sucked) and run Ross for 10 minutes in the first quarter and 6-8 minutes the second quarter. Rinse and repeat for the second half. Since he plays primarily off of the system he can stay out there no matter what and spread the floor. Im sure he would get some good looks and lanes off Lou and Vasquez.

Ps: imagine a PnR with Lou and JJ (picker and roller) with Patterson and Ross in the corners and Vasquez at the elbow 3. So much potential for scoring easy buckets and ball movement. And a lineup of Ross+JJ+Patterson with Vasquez guarding the 2 is a pretty good defensive lineup. (Hiding Lou of course). Could be a killer second unit.

Comment

• Ugh... poor Terrence Ross. So hard done by.

I guess all the rookies from his draft year that are successful, all the current rooks, the 2nd year guys, all the guys succeeding simply have better coaches, no quick hooks, and better opportunities.

OR

Perhaps Ross isn't mean't to be a star athlete. You watch his off court stuff on Open Gym and he seems like a flat out introverted and shy nice dude. Thats great if you want a best friend, but if you need a killer on the floor.....

I'm not at ALL saying he cannot get better, or that he won't come out of his shell, but I sure a shit won't put any blame for his progress on anyone but him, and even THAT isn't so much an insult as it is just understanding that sometimes a guy just isn't suited for what he's doing.

No excuses, things ar eoften black and white, and in this case, he needs to either get aggressive on defence and start asserting himself on offence, getting to the paint, making easy shots.... or he needs to gt busy folding towels and filling water bottles so JJ can start learning what is needed to be a consistent starter in the NBA.

No time for "developing" at this point.

Comment

• Could just be that Ross is a slow starter. It's only been 5 games and he's trying to work his way into a bigger role than he is accustomed to.

He had an awful summer league prior to this past one and I remember thinking he made no improvements, but he started to warm up as the season went on. Give it some time and see how he progresses.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                he needs to either get aggressive on defence and start asserting himself on offence, getting to the paint, making easy shots.... or he needs to gt busy folding towels and filling water bottles so JJ can start learning what is needed to be a consistent starter in the NBA.

No time for "developing" at this point.
                                So the third year player Ross (who has had an extremely quick hook compared to many of his draftsmen) needs to get his shit together now. Or, we might as well spend his court time trying to develop a sixth year player who has not done anything yet either.

I smell hypocracy...

Comment

Working...
                                X