"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

500 shots,keep doing it young-ling.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        When Ross is on his game were on another level

Mack I agree,T ross is the KEY 2 Raptors Success.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• They say the thing that separates stars from average players is consistency.

I rag on Ross for good reasons.

1. I see inconsistency and I hate it, I wanna win.
          2. He shows you flashes where you think, wow, this guy is an allstar, but then he goes away.....far away.

So I have said a few times he looks like he doesn't have the personality to be a star. How the FUCK would I know that, I don't, I just guess from body language. But I will tell you this much.... if he can do just what he did today, every night, he will be a star.

What bothers me... and I guess maybe its just me, or guys like me. He's only goin gin on off nights to get up shots now????? Hell I thought these guys ALL did this. I recommend 1000 shots but meh, could be tough. But basketball is about touches, the more meaningful touches you have, the more it becomes second nature. If you want to be the best you absolutely have to do this everyday. You have to. If he starts doing this, and doesn't stop...... we could be seeing a big part of the team coming to his own.

Here's to hoping.

Comment

• Derozan is 25lbs heavier than Ross. Why is Ross sf? He is prototypical sg IMO.

Comment

• Length

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                Length
                It's not length. I used to think it was until I saw DeMar had a longer wing span. Ross' just seem longer because he's less muscular. The main reason Ross does the 3 position is that he can defend bigger then Derozan.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• He is longer.

he is.

and at that level, with Ross's foot speed, which is actually really awesome, he a better fit at the 3.

Its not an insult to either player. Its just the best way to use your resources.

Comment

• still dont see it. physically and skill set i think he is a sg. much better defender against speed players like john wall than bigger players like jeff green.

Comment

• um....ok..sooooooo demar shifts to PG???????????????

use of resources my man

Comment

• Neither are really SF or SG - Ross takes the better wing player on defence anyway. DD plays the SG on offence because he handles the ball so much, while Ross is more comfortable spotting up in the corner, typically a spot for the SF in most sets. Of course, sometimes they switch that up anyway, and DD plays a couple sets as the SF to get a breather in the corner as Ross shares ball handling duty with Lowry.

Honestly I've never seen a more interchangeable wing pairing, positionally. They just play roles based on their strengths and skills, not based on their size.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i think a sg should be able to shoot 3s which ross is better at than demar. while a sf should be more of a mid range player like demar. problem is that demar cant defend jeff green type players either. basically we have two sgs with different skills and no true sf.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            i think a sg should be able to shoot 3s which ross is better at than demar. while a sf should be more of a mid range player like demar. problem is that demar cant defend jeff green type players either. basically we have two sgs with different skills and no true sf.
                            The "new" NBA has moved to a more flexible/interchangeable use of the wing player (as with the PF capability of stretching the floor).

See this....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-todays-league

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              i think a sg should be able to shoot 3s which ross is better at than demar. while a sf should be more of a mid range player like demar. problem is that demar cant defend jeff green type players either. basically we have two sgs with different skills and no true sf.
                              It doesn't matter which position shoots the 3 and which operates more inside. That's just stereotyping players to fit your preconceived notion of roles. Wing is a wing, regardless of whether it says SG or SF next to their name.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                He is longer.

he is.

and at that level, with Ross's foot speed, which is actually really awesome, he a better fit at the 3.

Its not an insult to either player. Its just the best way to use your resources.
                                He's really not.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Terrence-Ross-5747/
                                http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/

Ross is a small bit taller (I always thought they were about the same height 6'7" to 6'6") but Derozan's got him beat wingspan wise (6'9" to 6'7.25"). Granted its not a big difference either way, it just surprised me that Derozan had longer arms because Ross' LOOK long.

Its pretty interchangable anyways so I don't think it ultimately matters much.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X