Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Ifound a story about who shot better or worse on contested jumpers.

Last year, Pierce, Lebron, Harden, Dirk, Wesbrook, Jamaal Crawford, even Rudy Gay were in a group of 10 that actually shot better when contested.

Then there was a group of 12 that shot much worse when contested. Best known names in that group were Dragic, Beal, David West, Love, Josh Smith and TRoss.

Not quite sure how to interpret this, but rather have seen TRoss in the Lebron group than the Josh Smith group.
    I think it shows what a lot of the anti-DC folks have been saying about 'properly' using Ross.

When he camps at the 3pt line for an open catch-and-shoot, he's effective. When he's forced to play DeRozan's game, which is bound to leave him with more (all?) contested shots, he's less effective. In other words, accept what he is (3&D wing) and play to his strengths.

To expect him to be more than he is just sets unfair expectations on the young man, while setting him up for failure.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      My fear is that the bigger the game/stakes the greater the "shrinkage"....the anti Kyle game personality.
      Disagree. I think he's a big winner. We had a discussion in another thread and one of the posters found a stat showing Ross has one of the highest field goal percentages in the league in what was outlined as "clutch" time.

The eye test backs it up. He often hits momentum changing shots, or like in game 7 makes momentum changing plays
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I think it shows what a lot of the anti-DC folks have been saying about 'properly' using Ross.

When he camps at the 3pt line for an open catch-and-shoot, he's effective. When he's forced to play DeRozan's game, which is bound to leave him with more (all?) contested shots, he's less effective. In other words, accept what he is (3&D wing) and play to his strengths.

To expect him to be more than he is just sets unfair expectations on the young man, while setting him up for failure.
        We could always run an offense like Atlanta where the goal is to only take uncontested shots, seems to be working for them.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          We could always run an offense like Atlanta where the goal is to only take uncontested shots, seems to be working for them.
          If it was that simple everyone would do it.

"hey guys, new plan today! We're going to only take uncontested shots! Aaaand...GO!"
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The same anti dc folks also say he's a potential superstar and is being held back by dc.

Their not saying he's a solid 3 and d guy without dc. And without thrusting ross into this situations, you'd never know he's shit at them. Works both ways
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              The same anti dc folks also say he's a potential superstar and is being held back by dc.

Their not saying he's a solid 3 and d guy without dc. And without thrusting ross into this situations, you'd never know he's shit at them. Works both ways
              Terrence Ross is not a potential superstar. You would know by now.

Comment

Except Ross is not a 3 and D. Can you show something factual that Ross's defence is anything but not good?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Look at Paul George

Comment

Thank you.
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                      Look at Paul George
                      Paul George, year 3, age 22: 17.6 points, 7.6(!) rebounds, 2 steals, 4 assists
                      Terrence Ross, year 3, age 23: 10.9 points, 3.2 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.9(!) assists

Per 36? PG13 improved in every facet yearly, Terrence Ross is the same or down across the board, and up a tick from his rookie year.

Comment

Paul George, year 3, age 22: 17.6 points, 7.6(!) rebounds, 2 steals, 4 assists
                        Terrence Ross, year 3, age 23: 10.9 points, 3.2 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.9(!) assists

Per 36? PG13 improved in every facet yearly, Terrence Ross is the same or down across the board, and up a tick from his rookie year.
                        I'm just saying I think Ross will be a late bloomer, he lacks discipline, which will come with maturity

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          I'm just saying I think Ross will be a late bloomer, he lacks discipline, which will come with maturity
                          You can convince me he'll become a valuable rotation player/starter. Above average NBA player (though I still doubt it)

But superstar? Numerous all star appearances? 1st, 2nd or 3rd all star teams at the end of the year? MVP discussions? Biiiiiig leap to take from here, and less than 0.1% of NBA players in history have shown it to be possible.

He'd have to start actually caring as much as Derozan does, which isn't in his makeup.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Can you find me some quotes saying Ross is gonna be a superstar and Casey is holding him back?
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

You can convince me he'll become a valuable rotation player/starter. Above average NBA player (though I still doubt it)

But superstar? Numerous all star appearances? 1st, 2nd or 3rd all star teams at the end of the year? MVP discussions? Biiiiiig leap to take from here, and less than 0.1% of NBA players in history have shown it to be possible.

He'd have to start actually caring as much as Derozan does, which isn't in his makeup.
                              Superstar? No. MVP? No. Jamal Crawford type guy who can definitely change the outcome of a game? Yes, I really think he will blossoms. Throughout this year if he remains on the bench. Even more so of he is given his natural SG position.

Comment

• Did anyone else feel like gouging their eyes out watching Marco frickin' Bellinelli abuse Ross for multiple backdoor layups?

Man oh man, Ross is becoming very hard to root for. It's starting to look like he's never going to "get it".

Comment

Working...
                                X