• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012...of-baylor-but/

I found this article about him from before the draft...

Acy was signed to be Casey's assistant coach lol

But seriously, we have so many people with good attitudes and such, and we have leaders in Lowry and Acy...
    Funny reading that article today. A lot of foreshadowing from a Raptor perspective...

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012...of-baylor-but/

I found this article about him from before the draft...

Acy was signed to be Casey's assistant coach lol

But seriously, we have so many people with good attitudes and such, and we have leaders in Lowry and Acy...

Leave a comment:

• Hugmenot
    replied
    Tesla wrote: View Post
    Mark my words, Acy is going to be a gem.
    If that is the case, all we need to find out is whether he is an amethyst or a pigeon-blood ruby. I know which one I would rather own.

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    I love this

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/dr...cy_profile.nba

This guy is awesome

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    charlz wrote: View Post
    Mark your words?

How many games did you see him play @ Baylor?

I saw him play a lot and his brief stint in Vegas. All I can say about Acy is this:
    1) he is one of the most NBA Ready players in the draft (drafted as a senior) his body is developed
    2) he wont get physically dominated like Ross will for the first couple of years.
    3) he will play his ass off and push anyone at 3-4 position who is not guarding their position
    4) he will be a very good practice player - will never be told "stop screwing around in practice and pay attention" *ahem* James Johnson
    5) He will never go rouge and will always play the system
    6) He will kiss DC's ass.
    Not sure who will win the JUST GLAD TO BE HERE award him or Allan Andersen.
    7) very good energy guy
    8) he is a complimentary piece like Reggie. Needs 3 scorers on the floor with him. They will never run a play for him nor will they need to.
    9) Is a good pick because the team suddenly has surrounded Derozen and Bargs with highly motivated and hungry players who will not suck out or take plays off and won't flake out at times during the season. *ahem* James Johnson.

Would not be surprised if they match him with some 3's even Lebron type players who have size and strength.

Will he get any minutes? will he get confidence at the NBA level? hard to say at this point he is starting way down on the pecking order going in to camp.
    Great post and summary of Acy. Certainly was not the sexy pick but a good one for what the Raps hope to become.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Mark your words?

I saw him play a lot and his brief stint in Vegas. All I can say about Acy is this:
    1) he is one of the most NBA Ready players in the draft (drafted as a senior) his body is developed
    2) he wont get physically dominated like Ross will for the first couple of years.
    3) he will play his ass off and push anyone at 3-4 position who is not guarding their position
    4) he will be a very good practice player - will never be told "stop screwing around in practice and pay attention" *ahem* James Johnson
    7) very good energy guy
    8) he is a complimentary piece like Reggie. Needs 3 scorers on the floor with him. They will never run a play for him nor will they need to.
    9) Is a good pick because the team suddenly has surrounded Derozen and Bargs with highly motivated and hungry players who will not suck out or take plays off and won't flake out at times during the season. *ahem* James Johnson.

Would not be surprised if they match him with some 3's even Lebron type players who have size and strength.

Will he get any minutes? will he get confidence at the NBA level? hard to say at this point he is starting way down on the pecking order going in to camp.
    You're telling me things I already know. A Reggie Evans type player would for sure be welcomed onto this roster.

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied

LOL

Acy for sure, Anderson had his run at the trophy

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Quincy Acy, mark my words, will be another incoming Reggie Evans type player. He's not as defensively smart as Reggie Evans in terms of help-side and post, but he is more skilled than Evans offensively.
    Mark your words?

7) very good energy guy

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Quincy Acy, mark my words, will be another incoming Reggie Evans type player. He's not as defensively smart as Reggie Evans in terms of help-side and post, but he is more skilled than Evans offensively.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Well, both PJ3 and Q. Miller, whom were the two most talented players on the roster and guys pegged to be first rounders did look up to Acy as a leader, so you may be onto something there Matt.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I'm still a bit baffled regarding the pick of Acy. Just don't see how he fits a need because he certainly couldn't be considered the best player available where the picked him. Guys like Joey Dorsey could have been had if you truly needed another big.

I felt that the pick could have been better used on either a project player like Quincy Miller or event a third string pg like Tyshawn Taylor (instead of JL3). Instead they went with an undersized and under skilled "big" whom is a senior so has probably reached closer to his ceiling than most.

My hope is that management was able to see some sort of intanglibles during private work outs which Acy has yet to display. The pick doesn't make much sense to me.
    I am in 100% agreement. Hopefully the guys making millions know more than Joe Blow at the keyboard.

I would have thought Acy would have been available at 53.

I am hoping/praying/thinking the rational of picking him is putting a young, hard working, tough player in amongst other young players and have him grow with them and hopefully rub off in terms of work ethic and intensity.

Just to clarify, I have no idea if this is true or not - just speculation on my part.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I'm still a bit baffled regarding the pick of Acy. Just don't see how he fits a need because he certainly couldn't be considered the best player available where the picked him. Guys like Joey Dorsey could have been had if you truly needed another big.

I felt that the pick could have been better used on either a project player like Quincy Miller or event a third string pg like Tyshawn Taylor (instead of JL3). Instead they went with an undersized and under skilled "big" whom is a senior so has probably reached closer to his ceiling than most.

My hope is that management was able to see some sort of intanglibles during private work outs which Acy has yet to display. The pick doesn't make much sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Acy was the leader of Baylor.
    He is an energy guy and a hard worker.
    Acy is not going to play big minutes barring injury, blowout, or foul trouble.

Just my opinion but Acy's selection is not about basketball talent.
    This whole culture thing requires people who have those values naturally present.
    Acy's job will be to bring the intensity in practice and, by example, force those with more talent to work.

Maybe I am being a little too naive but Acy was drafted for the intangibles.
    Acy seems to exude many of the attributes Casey is looking for - he is certainly not a traditional BC pick.
    Given where the Raps have gone picking the 'sexy' or 'upside' picks the last few years, Acy might surprise many.

Quincy Miller is extremely talented but since just about every team in the league passed on him once and 6 teams (including Toronto) passed on him twice, maybe there is something we are missing (heart? body? inability to play SF? just guesses on my part).
    I can only tell you that I jumped off the couch when I heard Quincy and immediately said, "WTF!?!?!" when I heard Acy.
    I hope my initial disappointment proven to be false.

Leave a comment:

• The Coach
    replied
    I'm not sold on Acy after watching him in his brief time in the summer league. His highlight reels are impressive, but I am not sure he can play the 4 effectively in the NBA.

However, here are some promising combine numbers:
    Best in Lane Agility Drill - 10.48
    3rd in hand length and 2nd in hand width

And not so promising numbers:
    I am concerned about his weight for a guy that's supposed to bully people around (223 - less than barnes).
    7'2 wingspan
    8'10 reach

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I'm convinced they meant to pick Quincy Miller and not Quincy Acy, but someone in the organization got the names mixed up and submitted the incorrect information to the folks announcing the names during the draft. Obviously embarassing, so they couldn't back track and say they meant to take the other Quincy. Anyone from the Rap's organization been fired lately?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X