No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Casey go upscale with that contract and move to the BridlePath area?

Congratulations to him. I suppose it was inevitable with the record this year. Also sends a message to the NBA coaching fraternity about how the Raptors treats their coaches/personnel.

Comment

• I'm not happy how long the extension is, but I can deal with him being here still.

The issue is if we lose an assistant coach. can we find a guy to match what they brought to the team? We have some really good coaches here, even on our D-League staff as well.

I bet Casey relied on his assistants more this year, hence us going so far.

The real issue is when the ball sticks. We need to be able to develop plays on the court if one isn't working out or a guy isn't where he needs to be. Allowing DeMar to shoot contested mid-range jumpers is awful. However, using a catch-and-shoot system with the mid-range & DD would be nice to see. If a mid-range jumper is part of a guy's game, learn how to get that guy space. That's not as hard as some might think, as my HS team ran a play for me with my mid-range post shot and we also used it with a few other guys. It was really efficient.

Congrats, Case. Prove us all wrong and bring the title to TO!
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I hear Bargs is available
        I've always wanted to give a fellow mod an infraction
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• If the move to include JV more in the offense is not just lip service and we get a healthy DeMarre Carroll back... I am okay with this signing. As I still see room to grow over the next three years.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            It's very hard for me to shake the feeling that we are going to be mired in neutral for the next few years, but I'll try to stay optimistic. Good luck DC.
            Let's at least start the offseason before we go too GLF
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Really? This season, where our starting SF missed most of the season and was playing hurt for the playoffs, and our young, promising starting C missed chunks of the season and playoffs, and we were starting Luis freaking Scola at PF, is the ceiling?
              Some people would bitch about the withholding tax if they hit the million dollar slot payout in Vegas. Just how they are.

JV is now ready for his bigger role and those words have come out of the coaching staff, his hands are softer,his decisions are much quicker and he can hit that 12 -14 jumper without taking several hundred pump fakes. Nurse will most likely incorporate JV plays into his offense if he isn't scooped up for a head coaching gig.

Raps should be able to get better production out of the PF slot than this year. It was OK.. but still below league average. I think we can upgrade that spot without too much difficulty.
              Raps also should benefit from a full year of a healthy Demarre Carroll and an improved Powell.

The the gap between where they are and the ceiling is still a ways off.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                I'm not happy how long the extension is, but I can deal with him being here still.

The issue is if we lose an assistant coach. can we find a guy to match what they brought to the team? We have some really good coaches here, even on our D-League staff as well.

I bet Casey relied on his assistants more this year, hence us going so far.

The real issue is when the ball sticks. We need to be able to develop plays on the court if one isn't working out or a guy isn't where he needs to be. Allowing DeMar to shoot contested mid-range jumpers is awful. However, using a catch-and-shoot system with the mid-range & DD would be nice to see. If a mid-range jumper is part of a guy's game, learn how to get that guy space. That's not as hard as some might think, as my HS team ran a play for me with my mid-range post shot and we also used it with a few other guys. It was really efficient.

Congrats, Case. Prove us all wrong and bring the title to TO!
                Well if your canadian high school team ran it efficiently what are we waiting for? Nba defenses won't know what hit them!
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  JV is now ready for his bigger role and those words have come out of the coaching staff,
                  The same staff that said keeping Lowry's minutes down was priority as they increased his minutes.

The skepticism between what is said and what is done is well founded.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Disaster
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      The same staff that said keeping Lowry's minutes down was priority as they increased his minutes.

The skepticism between what is said and what is done is well founded.
                      That actually turned comical for me. As it ended up with him (post injury) leading the league in minutes per game.

I think someone's also posted that they've talked about making JV a larger part of the offensive for the last 3 off-seasons as well.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        That actually turned comical for me. As it ended up with him (post injury) leading the league in minutes per game.

I think someone's also posted that they've talked about making JV a larger part of the offensive for the last 3 off-seasons as well.
                        To be fair to that latter point, JV's usage has gone up every year. Just not as fast as some (myself included) would like.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          It's very hard for me to shake the feeling that we are going to be mired in neutral for the next few years, but I'll try to stay optimistic. Good luck DC.
                          If neutral is 56-wins, and conference finals games, then sign me up for neutral cause that's awesome.

Anyway, given that we've yet to see the best from any of JV, Powell, Joseph and Carroll, coupled with a lotto pick, I'm fairly optimistic that there's plenty of room for this team to improve. Not to mention, it's not like any player overachieved this year to the extent that his performance is unsustainable, in fact, you could probably argue they got less than expected from a few quarters and still were pretty great.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            To be fair to that latter point, JV's usage has gone up every year. Just not as fast as some (myself included) would like.
                            With less minutes. His offensive rebounding increases might be enough to account for the usage.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Dwane casey will soon have a net worth of over 40 million dollars to do what danH does better and gets compensated with likes
                              With all due respect to Dan, who seems like a smart guy, this is fucking ridiculous.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                With all due respect to Dan, who seems like a smart guy, this is fucking ridiculous.
                                Yep!

In all my self-indulgence, I might consider my theoretical rotations better than what Casey puts together, but that's a very small facet of what a coach is responsible for.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X