No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theyre not going to lose in the first round. Casey can't catch a break. You don't even want to wait and see what happens and let's face it, it doesn't matter what he does its going to lead to the same result in here.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Theyre not going to lose in the first round. Casey can't catch a break. You don't even want to wait and see what happens and let's face it, it doesn't matter what he does its going to lead to the same result in here.
      Come on now. It's not unreasonable to plan ahead for the potential eventuality of the team losing in the first round, nor is it unfair to preemptively blame that on him after the last two trips to the post-season.

Obviously everyone is actually waiting to see how the team does in the playoffs. But it's just as unfair to assume that they won't lose in the first round again - I certainly hope so and even believe so, but there's a lot of season left. There is every possibility they lose in the first round if they can't right the ship defensively in the next few weeks.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Theyre not going to lose in the first round. Casey can't catch a break. You don't even want to wait and see what happens and let's face it, it doesn't matter what he does its going to lead to the same result in here.
        Yay some positivity!

Comment

Nobody here has a crystal ball. The discussion is a hypothetical IF we lose in the 1st round.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Come on now. It's not unreasonable to plan ahead for the potential eventuality of the team losing in the first round, nor is it unfair to preemptively blame that on him after the last two trips to the post-season.

Obviously everyone is actually waiting to see how the team does in the playoffs. But it's just as unfair to assume that they won't lose in the first round again - I certainly hope so and even believe so, but there's a lot of season left. There is every possibility they lose in the first round if they can't right the ship defensively in the next few weeks.
            It's unfair to preemptively blame anyone for anything that hasn't happened. Can you imagine if society worked that way?

How would you like it if your wife gave you flak now about leaving the toilet seat up next week? Or a police officer pulls you over and writes you up now for a speeding offence you might make next year?

Let me just say that I don't like the post you're going to make shortly.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Canning Casey after a 3rd straight first round loss as the higher seed, wouldn't be panicking. It would be an acknowledgement that the system is broken and change is needed.

2014: We were beaten by an inexperienced team
              2015: No excuses, we just sucked
              2016: See 2015 (TBD)
              See I don't see it like that. I actually think it's an acknowledgement that Casey/system/whatever is getting the most out of a less talented team through the regular season. You go into the playoffs when true star players shine and you realize maybe our team really isn't as talented as it seemed in the regular season.

I love the way Lowry has played since he got to Toronto, but I don't see him as a top 20 player in the league. We are consistently one of the least talented teams in the playoffs imo.

Comment

It's unfair to preemptively blame anyone for anything that hasn't happened. Can you imagine if society worked that way?

How would you like it if your wife gave you flak now about leaving the toilet seat up next week. Or a police officer pulls you over and writes you up now for a speeding offence you might make next year?

Can you see any first round loss that doesn't fall on Casey?
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Can you see any first round loss that doesn't fall on Casey?
                  Sure, Lowry goes down before or during the series. That's one example.

But nothing has been lost. We're bitching about something unlikely to happen.

Comment

Sure, Lowry goes down before or during the series. That's one example.

But nothing has been lost. We're bitching about something unlikely to happen.
                    Who's bitching?

Ok, is that the only example though? Hard to envision Casey surviving another 1st round loss.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Alright bitching is strong. I admit, I take that back. I just wonder why people don't get tired of complaining about Casey. They're killing it right now and we're still complaining about Casey. Looking into the future now to find stuff to preemptively complain about.

This is one of the best teams Toronto has ever had.

Comment

How would you like it if your wife gave you flak now about leaving the toilet seat up next week? Or a police officer pulls you over and writes you up now for a speeding offence you might make next year?

Wife can complain all she wants, as long as it's on a msg board and not to my face.

Comment

Yeah, can you imagine if like, repeat offenders got less benefit of the doubt?

Casey blew the playoffs in 2013-14 by sticking to Salmons, a guy who seemingly was actively sabotaging the team with his terrible, terrible play.

Last year requires no explanation, I hope.

Thus far this year, he's shown the same rotation issues that cost us the last two playoff series, overplaying his top guys AND his worst players/fits.

How is it unfair to say, IF this team flames out in the playoffs again, it will probably be Casey's fault?

It's like if you were an arsonist, and liked to set stuff on fire, and you'd burned down your house twice before, and then you started playing with fire again in your new nice house, and someone said, "Well, if the house burns down I'm not going to be too happy with you." Sure, there's a slight chance the house burned down for an entirely different reason, but the other person is not being unreasonable in their assumption.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Alright bitching is strong. I admit, I take that back. I just wonder why people don't get tired of complaining about Casey. They're killing it right now and we're still complaining about Casey. Looking into the future now to find stuff to preemptively complain about.
                            Well Casey is still the coach, so I wouldn't expect complaints about him to stop. He should have been fired last summer and he hasn't improved enough for people to forget that.

As for looking into the future, we don't have a lot of games left in the season, so if Casey is going to try out any adjustments to address any of the issues, the clock is ticking. The seeding battle isn't much of interest, so shoring up for playoffs is really the main topic right now.

I don't quite get why people (not just you) bother to post complaints about what other people choose to post about.

Comment

• I am 100% confident I could be a better owner of the Sac Kings better by simply hiring an experienced President of Basketball Operations with a track record and letting him put his team in place and do his goddamn job, as opposed to what is happening in Sacramento now with know-nothing ownership inserting itself in basketball decisions. The results may not be any better but at least I wouldn't have a clown show.

As for actually running the show as a president/GM.... no, not a chance. Two years ago I ended up having to run a company we acquired in an industry I knew nothing about and it was completely overwhelming - I was at the mercy of the operations team and existing management almost completely. 99% of my time was spent figuring out what the fuck was happening, let alone trying to plot any strategic course. Making operational decisions was entirely out of the question - there was simply no time. The average, individual poster here would have no chance... you'd be completely and utterly overtaken by the job. What we see publicly from GMs are operational decisions and those are just one very small part of the role. And that's just the job itself without having to consider the enormous public scrutiny and pressure you are under as an NBA GM.

Comment

Alright bitching is strong. I admit, I take that back. I just wonder why people don't get tired of complaining about Casey. They're killing it right now and we're still complaining about Casey. Looking into the future now to find stuff to preemptively complain about.

This is one of the best teams Toronto has ever had.
                                Because there are signs of slippage. Signs we've seen before, which were ignored and cost us dearly.

Isn't that obvious?

Comment

Working...
                                X