Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Because other people do it is not a good enough reason to be ok that we can continue on this path

We should always try and do better. Even if we're the best.

We all can see the problems with what is going on with this team as operated and we can work to be better or we can just settle and say "its good enough...other marginal playoff teams do it too"

Honestly I want to come here and discuss how to make this team better and improve my knowledge of the game...if I want to hear only fluff and corporate speak I'll download the complete collection of Leo Routin's broadcasts and listen to it on repeat and live in frozen time.

If you want to convince me that what we do is the way to win everything, properly develop prospects, maximize the full roster, and be a sustainable program for decades I need proof that some other team has done it and I need detail. Telling me that Portland does it isnt proof of any of those...
    Good for you. So basically we're not allowed to make counter-points unless you agree with them. Gotcha. This will be our last exchange.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      “This is a team that we have a bunch of pieces and they all have their role. We have two main guys that we want to shoot all the shots, and they’re the guys that will carry us. And we have a job to do, mainly our job is to make them happy, help them and be around them. There’ll be some games that go your way and there’ll be some other games that go wrong. The games that go that way, hopefully you have a good game and have fun, but the other games you just have to do your job. I’m completely OK with that. This is the closest way, the shortest way to win. That’s what we all want and that’s what’s really fun.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/18...omfortable-win

I kinda hate this quote from Scola. Everyone else's job is to make Lowry and DeMar happy?
      He's right, though.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Just wanna point out something.

Code:
        Backcourt - Combined FGA - % of Team's FGA

DD/Lowry - 33.7 - 41.5%
        Dame/McCollum - 38.0 - 44.3%
        KD/Westbrook - 37.3 - 43.2%
        Curry/Klay - 37.4 - 42.7%
        LBJ/Kyrie - 35.2 - 42.0%
        Just looking at the other top backcourts in the league (or PG/Wing tandems) Lowry/DD actually take the lowest percentage of their team's field goal attempts. So the offense isn't revolving around them in some crazily selfish way, other guys are still getting an opportunity.
        You don't think it's a little misleading to look only at FGA's when our team and specifically those two players are near the top FTA generators in the league?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This logic is flawed.

Curry, LBJ, KD and Westbrook are 4 of the top 5 players in the league right now, and Portland is a marginal playoff team.

Neither DeMar or Lowry is on the level of Curry, KD, LBJ or Westbrook. Trying to match those guys just on the top two talents will result in us losing playoff series against those teams.

We beat that type of team by being a better team, because we just don't have better top-end talent.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Scola has played basketball for far too long in the NBA and the Argentina national team to truly believe a word of what he's saying in that quote. "Mainly our job is to make them happy." Are you kidding me? Simply nauseating.

Comment

• Scola the troll, making the fan base pop blood vessels.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Scola the troll, making the fan base pop blood vessels.
                Casey and him are the perfect combo for trolling.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• One thing that is fairly obvious is when DeMar is on the floor the ball stops moving. It's night and day when he plays with the second unit and Kyle plays with the second unit. That's going to be a problem in the playoffs. I loved how the Raps were playing against the Bucks, the ball was humming. Coincidentally DeMar was sitting that night (mind the Bucks are a horrible team). Casey has to be able to get through to him.

I'm not a DeMar hater by any means, I love what he brings to this team, but he just has to move the ball more, less dribbling around. Go straight to the rim as soon as it hits your hands or move the ball if it's not there. We had a few shot clock violations against Boston because he was looking for an opening and then decided with 2 seconds on the clock that nothing was there, and dishes it for a rushed attempt.

Just need quicker decision making, that's all and it will help when teams swarm him in the playoffs.

Comment

• Yep, exactly what I assumed.

So It's been a day, sice toronto whipped another squad guys here constantly talk about how much they fear.... but since there wasn't a game, I expected to come here, and see, post #, at the top, something full of angry raptor fans.

You guys did not disappoint.

9-10 posts absolutely tearing the raptors apart.

hahahahahahaaaa

I'll hand it to you all, at least you're consistent.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      Yep, exactly what I assumed.

So It's been a day, sice toronto whipped another squad guys here constantly talk about how much they fear.... but since there wasn't a game, I expected to come here, and see, post #, at the top, something full of angry raptor fans.

You guys did not disappoint.

9-10 posts absolutely tearing the raptors apart.

hahahahahahaaaa

I'll hand it to you all, at least you're consistent.
                      yet another quality contribution

Comment

This logic is flawed.

Curry, LBJ, KD and Westbrook are 4 of the top 5 players in the league right now, and Portland is a marginal playoff team.

Neither DeMar or Lowry is on the level of Curry, KD, LBJ or Westbrook. Trying to match those guys just on the top two talents will result in us losing playoff series against those teams.

We beat that type of team by being a better team, because we just don't have better top-end talent.
                        No it isn't flawed. Other teams with two stars at PG, SG, SF, have those guys use around 40% of their field-goal attempts. The point was that it's not abnormal, it's not strange, Lowry and DeRozan are not exceedingly selfish like many people here try to portray them to be.

You can talk about "match(ing)" those guys as much as you want, but the reality is we're not as good as those teams. There is a severe talent deficit that isn't going to be overcome by swinging the ball from side to side. That's exactly how Atlanta played and they got blown to smithereens by a short-handed Cavaliers team.

What I'm trying to understand here is how much are you guys trying to raise the ceiling of this group of players? We need to upgrade, I mean look at the reality. The teams with better net ratings than us are Cleveland, Oklahoma City, Golden State and San Antonio. All of these teams dwarf us when it comes to talent. Like how much better do you expect us to be with inferior players?

That's why most people want to make a move for another star in free agency, because they're aware of that talent gap.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          One thing that is fairly obvious is when DeMar is on the floor the ball stops moving. It's night and day when he plays with the second unit and Kyle plays with the second unit. That's going to be a problem in the playoffs. I loved how the Raps were playing against the Bucks, the ball was humming. Coincidentally DeMar was sitting that night (mind the Bucks are a horrible team). Casey has to be able to get through to him.

I'm not a DeMar hater by any means, I love what he brings to this team, but he just has to move the ball more, less dribbling around. Go straight to the rim as soon as it hits your hands or move the ball if it's not there. We had a few shot clock violations against Boston because he was looking for an opening and then decided with 2 seconds on the clock that nothing was there, and dishes it for a rushed attempt.

Just need quicker decision making, that's all and it will help when teams swarm him in the playoffs.
                          lol such bullshit.

dec 26, 2015. raptors vs bucks. 31 assists. demar played.
                          mar 11, 2016. raptors vs bucks. 27 assists. demar didn't play.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            lol such bullshit.

Our assist rate was higher in the 27 assist game, but it was played at a slower pace.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Our assist rate was higher in the 27 assist game, but it was played at a slower pace.
                              Gasp!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                lol such bullshit.

Single games aren't really an indicator of anything.

For the season, while DeMar is on the court, our assist % is 49.3%. When he's off the court it's 53.5%. Here's the on/off assist%s for the whole team. Saints91's general observation is actually backed up by the numbers.

Player/On/Off/Net
                                Thompson, Jason 56.5 46.2 10.3
                                Lowry, Kyle 52.5 43.4 9.1
                                Scola, Luis 53.5 47.8 5.7
                                Powell, Norman 54.5 50 4.5
                                Carroll, DeMarre 53.2 49.6 3.6
                                Valanciunas, Jonas 52.3 49.2 3.1
                                Johnson, James 50.5 50.4 0.1
                                Caboclo, Bruno 50 50.4 -0.4
                                Ross, Terrence 49.5 51.2 -1.7
                                Biyombo, Bismack 49.2 51.4 -2.2
                                Bennett, Anthony 47.4 50.5 -3.1