#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Is an offense rated 10th, 4th and 6th in consecutive seasons a good offense?
    Well, I think it comes down to the fact that a lot of us argued in the season that the offence, though statistically efficient, was not built to be a productive playoff offence. And Weltman was of the opinion that their offence was precisely designed to produce in the playoffs. I think you can pretty easily say that the critics were right on that (which may have had more to do with the Raptors brain trust than specifically Casey, although he did admit some blame for it after the season).

So the question now is are they making changes to the offence that will make it a better playoff offence? And I lean towards saying yes, so far, although missing JV slows down that development.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Does anyone still think Casey will be fired?
      Not in season, unless there's a major collapse.

If they make the playoffs and don't get out of the first round, then yes.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Not in season, unless there's a major collapse.

If they make the playoffs and don't get out of the first round, then yes.
        Then it's not a firing. His contract only runs through the end of the season, no?
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Then it's not a firing. His contract only runs through the end of the season, no?
          Technically there is a team option for next season, so it's a little bit of a gray area, but I would say not getting your option picked up is similar to being fired.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Technically there is a team option for next season, so it's a little bit of a gray area, but I would say not getting your option picked up is similar to being fired.
            I absolutely hate Casey but he is better than nothing. Literally no coach is probably worse than Casey. Casey is still awful though but e may be extended if there is NO coach a available. Whittman will be gone soon ehich make Casey the worst NBA coach by a bigger margin

Comment

Is an offense rated 10th, 4th and 6th in consecutive seasons a good offense?

Who gives a shit about regular season?

This is a playoff team. It was known last year, it is known this year.

This is a team that struggles to find scores in crunch time and out of timeouts...let's ignore the recency bias of CoJo game winner (which hats off was a great play and execution).

How have they done in the playoffs when the whistle gets tighter and the game gets more physical?

'14 - 8th of 16th

'15 - 15th of 16

Continually missing forest through the trees.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Who gives a shit about regular season?

This is a playoff team. It was known last year, it is known this year.

This is a team that struggles to find scores in crunch time and out of timeouts...let's ignore the recency bias of CoJo game winner (which hats off was a great play and execution).

How have they done in the playoffs when the whistle gets tighter and the game gets more physical?

'14 - 8th of 16th

'15 - 15th of 16

Continually missing forest through the trees.
                Yes, who cares about a sample size of 240 plus games when you can reference a sample size of 11 games. You win.

And, of course, basketball is only played one way - the absolutely atrocious defence contributed nothing to the loss against WSH. It was all about not running motion sets enough.

Forest for the trees... LOL.

Comment

• Benefit of regular season stats is that they are padded by playing the Sixers, Knicks, nets, lakers, etc.

When we play a playoff team that has the time to game plan against us, the stats plummet.

I'd rather look at 11 meaningful games versus 240 largely meaningless games.

Casey can continue setting regular season records but if he can't get us past the first round then it's time to find someone who can.

Comment

Yes, who cares about a sample size of 240 plus games when you can reference a sample size of 11 games. You win.

And, of course, basketball is only played one way - the absolutely atrocious defence contributed nothing to the loss against WSH. It was all about not running motion sets enough.

Forest for the trees... LOL.

Have things become so bad in the oil patch you're now Western Canadian mouthpiece for MLSE?

And of course I win. The playoffs are what matters when discussing playoff teams. If you think the playoff and regular season are the same thing, I don't know what to tell you. LOL indeed

Comment

• People like to forget that Lowry wasn't his self in that series. Terrible defense and Lowry being hurt. This team goes as Lowry goes. Nothing new
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Funny some of guys wont post a thing during the 4 game winning streak but, as soon as they lose you guys pop your heads in with the "I total you so". Its like your upset we the team is succeeding. Actually its more sad than funny.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          People like to forget that Lowry wasn't his self in that series. Terrible defense and Lowry being hurt. This team goes as Lowry goes. Nothing new
                          Lowry is an excuse to lose the series maybe, but getting swept in embarrassing fashion? Not so much.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Lowry is an excuse to lose the series maybe, but getting swept in embarrassing fashion? Not so much.
                            The sweep is on Casey.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Funny some of guys wont post a thing during the 4 game winning streak but, as soon as they lose you guys pop your heads in with the "I total you so". Its like your upset we the team is succeeding. Actually its more sad than funny.
                              Some did post things during the lakers, clippers and Cleveland games, and all 3 were wins.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Was just going to say the same thing. If we lose that series in 6, despite lowrys play, Casey looks much better in my eyes. But to have home field advantage and not win a single game?

Comment

Working...
                                X