#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Most people consider JV to be franchise cornerstone and future. Casey's defense is too hard for JV to learn and execute. So they pick JV and hope Masai will find a coach who can create a system where JV is hidden.
    This sound like how we treated our last top 5 pick.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      If given a choice between Casey and JV, I'd choose JV 10/10. You don't let go of a player like JV for a coach like Casey.
      That's probably what they said about Andrea as well.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        I don't care about DC. Coaches change all the time. I'm not exactly biggest JV fan either.
        This defensive system doesn't fit JV and I think many people agree on that. Guards can't contain penetration and it leaves JV where he guards two people. Raptors need perimeter defense and defenders that won't allow penetration so JV doesn't have to defend too many drives and contest them. One on One he's decent.

I think more conservative defensive system would be better than current aggressive defense.
        I took issue with the idea that to be successful, Toronto needs a defensive scheme that hides JV. To me, that seems like an excuse made by DC supporters, in an attempt to make this a DV-vs-JV debate, which it is not.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          This sound like how we treated our last top 5 pick.
          Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Have you really resorted to comparing JV to Bargnani, in your quest to defend DC? This is why good discussion dies.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I took issue with the idea that to be successful, Toronto needs a defensive scheme that hides JV. To me, that seems like an excuse made by DC supporters, in an attempt to make this a DV-vs-JV debate, which it is not.
            As you can clearly see thats all Casey Nut Huggers talk about loool

They are trying to make this whole thread about that
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Should we pursue Tom Thibs as a replacement for Casey?

Just wanted to discussion from everybody about possibly pursuing Thibs, I know his history of running players to the ground but I think he is definitely an elite coach...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Who is they? Are you really comparing JV to Andrea now??? Wow! Casey is an average and JV has potential to be an above average C. Anyways, players are important than coaches. In this league, only a handful of coaches are more important than players because of the system they bring.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• You know what would make me very happy? Just ONCE, I would like to see DC get a tech. He practically loses his voice every game by screaming, so why not just channel that anger to make a statement to refs. Whenever there's been a highly questionable late game call, all Dwane says is "I like my money.." and remains silent. The guy makes over $3 million a year and I bet you the organization would pay the measly $15,000 or so. I'm not saying it will completely influence the refs, but I think we can all agree that it usually has some sort of effect on the foul calls. Worst case, you get your players fired up.

Comment

• Nah, I hate knee injuries very much

Comment

• JV doesn't need to be hidden. He needs to be better utilized.

This system also isn't good for really anybody, not just JV. Most of our perimeter players are not quick or strong enough defenisvely to constantly fight over screens and recover.

It suits our PFs who are decently quick, and suits Amir best of all because especially when healthy, he's quick, long and skilled enough to recover for a contest and/or rebound.

And that brings me back to the discussion in another thread...Portland ran the exact same D when Stotts first got there, then changed it by his 2nd season to maximize his C and minimize the type of situations we're giving up (ie easy entry into the lane). They've improved a lot since then. And Indy is another good comparison because while Portland completely changed how they play the p'n'r for all their bigs, Indy would often play it differently with Hibbert than with their PFs. Hibbert often sags back and zones up, while West would hedge hard.

To me it speaks to one of my biggest issues with DC. His system, on both ends, are designed to try to utilize select pieces well, and leave others trying to fit in.

Comment

• That involves strategy. I don't think good coaches get techs based purely on emotion.

Comment

• slogan wrote: View Post
                          You know what would make me very happy? Just ONCE, I would like to see DC get a tech. He practically loses his voice every game by screaming, so why not just channel that anger to make a statement to refs. Whenever there's been a highly questionable late game call, all Dwane says is "I like my money.." and remains silent. The guy makes over $3 million a year and I bet you the organization would pay the measly $15,000 or so. I'm not saying it will completely influence the refs, but I think we can all agree that it usually has some sort of effect on the foul calls. Worst case, you get your players fired up.
                          That actually really upsets me. Not once has he gotten in the refs face to back a player up or to scream at them with bad calls.

It comes off as not having your players backs and not willing to fight to the end for them. And if you're good at it you end up getting calls from the refs down the line for moves like that.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                            Just wanted to discussion from everybody about possibly pursuing Thibs, I know his history of running players to the ground but I think he is definitely an elite coach...
                            Wrong time frame if it's this year but it isn't a bad choice, just early.

Comment

• So many people took exception to word "hidden." There's no shame in that. A lot of players are hidden on defensive end. Maybe I should've said he should be put in better position to succeed. But to me it's same thing, just politically correct.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The discussion was started in the #firecasey thread - check post #317. No point having the same discussion going on in multiple threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X