#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I think MixxAOR's point is that there is a large difference in a role playing, spot up shooter and a guy that shoots the same or similar %s while being the go to guy in an offense, and shooting off the bounce, like the guys he named
    Yeah, kind of like how Kyle Korver shot .492 from 3 this season and is shooting .398 now in the playoffs. Spot up shooters need a system and great players to create space for them. Even so, it's not that hard to knock them down a notch by just bothering to play them tighter in the playoffs. The regular season really inflates their numbers and effectiveness.

There's a big difference between a great catch and shoot guy and a blanket statement "great shooter."

How did we get on this topic?
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Needing an MVP point guard to make a shooting guard shoot well holds no weight.

Needing a better player than you to make you a good player does not make you a good player.
      Playing with better players makes you better. That what good players do. They make easier for the one around them. Raptors do have enough good player. Just take a look at our starters at SF and PF. Do those two start on any other playoff team this year?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think MixxAOR's point is that there is a large difference in a role playing, spot up shooter and a guy that shoots the same or similar %s while being the go to guy in an offense, and shooting off the bounce, like the guys he named
        Fair point.

Giving you a like.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          This.
          I agree with you that DeMar is a good all round player now, has gotten better each year, and has good work ethic and character. But offensively he needs some help and his whole attitude about "I can make contested jumpers" just isn't true - factually. Of all the parts of his game he's developed and worked on and been humble about, I really wish he'd be humble about that too and was hoping a different coach might help. I don't think Casey will.

But we all know this team needs to be much better and that DeMar only has one more year on his contract. Coincidentally, this next contract is exactly the point where the Toronto Raptors lost Chris Bosh and Vince Carter (7 seasons). The risk next summer is real, and it would be worth moving him if there was a good return to be had.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            We have 2 allstars who have struggled to excel unless the other is struggling. Perhaps it's nothing, but when you have two ball dominant guards who can't seem to peak perform at the same time, that is a concern.

It's also a concern to build around two offensive players and expect the rest of the team to make up the defence. Hard to cover defensive deficiencies when the problem is playing 34-36 mpg.

If they are both healthy and Massai adds all-star caliber frontcourt player. They wouldn't have such an offensive load. Wouldn't have to spend so much energy on one side(more Kyle). Numbers prove team was better on D with DD on the court.
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed May 13, 2015, 03:36 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Playing with better players makes you better. That what good players do. They make easier for the one around them. Raptors do have enough good player. Just take a look at our starters at SF and PF. Do those two start on any other playoff team this year?
              Man, you're just trying to run this argument into circles. So by your logic, shouldn't Demar Derozan have made our SF and PF's better? Or he's only a good player when he gets a better player? But he's an all star now? Just not a star? That comes when he gets Steph Curry or Derek Rose? Or is that chicken? Or the egg?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

How can he be an all-star but not a star? Isn't an all star better than a star?
                Other way around
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• As for this false narrative that DeMar was the only Raptor who showed up against the Wiz, here's a Michael Grange article written after game 2 (and remember, this series was over after game 2):

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...g-in-playoffs/
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    As for this false narrative that DeMar was the only Raptor who showed up against the Wiz, here's a Michael Grange article written after game 2 (and remember, this series was over after game 2):

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...g-in-playoffs/
                    That's so depressing. Remember how we tried to talk ourselves into "maybe they'll flip the switch and play like they did a year and a half ago!" leading up to the playoffs? Yeah, that didn't happen.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I agree with you that DeMar is a good all round player now, has gotten better each year, and has good work ethic and character. But offensively he needs some help and his whole attitude about "I can make contested jumpers" just isn't true - factually. Of all the parts of his game he's developed and worked on and been humble about, I really wish he'd be humble about that too and was hoping a different coach might help. I don't think Casey will.

But we all know this team needs to be much better and that DeMar only has one more year on his contract. Coincidentally, this next contract is exactly the point where the Toronto Raptors lost Chris Bosh and Vince Carter (7 seasons). The risk next summer is real, and it would be worth moving him if there was a good return to be had.
                      You make very valid points. Just cause those guys skipped town doesn't mean DD will. Three totally different individuals.

I'm pretty sure DeMar knows whats at stake this season. I think this will be his best season yet. If that is so than, he deserves the max than.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You make very valid points. Just cause those guys skipped town doesn't mean DD will. Three totally different individuals.

I'm pretty sure DeMar knows whats at stake this season. I think this will be his best season yet. If that is so than, he deserves the max than.
                        You think if DD has the best season of his career this coming year, he would deserve $25M per year? That's a low bar for a lot of money.

As for the "totally different individuals" comment, the same sort of stuff was said about Bosh when he was about to leave. If the grass is greener elsewhere, be it because of better teammates, a preferable location or more money, players tend to chase the green grass.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          You think if DD has the best season of his career this coming year, he would deserve $25M per year? That's a low bar for a lot of money.

As for the "totally different individuals" comment, the same sort of stuff was said about Bosh when he was about to leave. If the grass is greener elsewhere, be it because of better teammates, a preferable location or more money, players tend to chase the green grass.
                          Butler about to get the max and I see him as being on par with DD.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Interesting analysis.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Wow, that's laughable. Butler is significantly better at every single aspect of the game. The only place they're even close is assists and FTA.

Ortg 122 vs 104
                              Drtg 104 vs 109
                              PER 21.3 vs 17.4
                              TS% .583 vs .510

Comment

Your credibility has expired.

Comment

Working...
                                X